Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Latest type of nuisance on this site.

Latest type of nuisance on this site.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Latest type of nuisance on this site.

Agree totally that the multiple personality posters are wrecking this website. Yes they should get off, who wants to read page after page of "childlike you did/ I did".

Another pest tho is the compulsive obsessive, NO WAY, NO ITS NOT , ITS NOT HOT, NO WAY , NO ITS NOT poster. (Usually people from the UK who disagree with totally everything Bad that is said about OZ, and tho odd "Aussie" whos business $$ are related to immigration).

What is the point of a forum if there are not two sides to the coin? If all someone wants to read is beaches, sun, perfection there must be a thousand holiday websites you could browse, why choose one that is for people living in OZ then complain when they talk about living in Oz.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 1:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest type of nuisance on this site.

Originally posted by dotty
Agree totally that the multiple personality posters are wrecking this website. Yes they should get off, who wants to read page after page of "childlike you did/ I did".

Another pest tho is the compulsive obsessive, NO WAY, NO ITS NOT , ITS NOT HOT, NO WAY , NO ITS NOT poster. (Usually people from the UK who disagree with totally everything Bad that is said about OZ, and tho odd "Aussie" whos business $$ are related to immigration).

What is the point of a forum if there are not two sides to the coin? If all someone wants to read is beaches, sun, perfection there must be a thousand holiday websites you could browse, why choose one that is for people living in OZ then complain when they talk about living in Oz.
We all should post glowing reports of paradise , so the refugees have a dream to keep hold of.
Most who dream of the land of plenty are looking to fill empty lifes by moving here , new countries need new blood but some of the hangers on that apply to come to Australia having nothing to offer , bar sun glasses.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 4:05 am
The Tooth Fairy

Could you give a dot-point list of subjects / topics you think would help dedicated immigrants improve their lives during and after the immigration process?

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Could you give a dot-point list of subjects / topics you think would help dedicated immigrants improve their lives during and after the immigration process?
How about these for starters:

1. Best ways to find employment
2. Rules and regs. for driving - State by State
3. How to stop worrying about the exchange rate
4. " " " " " " real estate market(s)
5. What to bring/what not to bring with you
6. Recommendations (or otherwise) for removal companies
7. What an "average" month`s cost of living is for a family of 4
8. What an "average" month`s lifestyle is for a family of 4
9. An indication of what you will need to spend to set up your
new life here, e.g. cars, houses, schooling, healthcare, etc.
10. A few pictures of nice beaches to keep the spirits up (only
joking here...)

These are just off the top of my head, but they seem to fit the "lifestyle and culture" heading of the forum fairly well....
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Rosy
How about these for starters:

1. Best ways to find employment
2. Rules and regs. for driving - State by State
3. How to stop worrying about the exchange rate
4. " " " " " " real estate market(s)
5. What to bring/what not to bring with you
6. Recommendations (or otherwise) for removal companies
7. What an "average" month`s cost of living is for a family of 4
8. What an "average" month`s lifestyle is for a family of 4
9. An indication of what you will need to spend to set up your
new life here, e.g. cars, houses, schooling, healthcare, etc.
10. A few pictures of nice beaches to keep the spirits up (only
joking here...)

These are just off the top of my head, but they seem to fit the "lifestyle and culture" heading of the forum fairly well....
Sadly Rosy there would be little point. Any info posted here by people in OZ is dismissed as lies. Put any info on here and you instantly become called a big fat liar by someone who has never even been here. I am seriously thinking of quitting the forum either that or start posting pictures of sun umbrellas and swiming pools.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sadly Rosy there would be little point. Any info posted here by people in OZ is dismissed as lies. Put any info on here and you instantly become called a big fat liar by someone who has never even been here. I am seriously thinking of quitting the forum either that or start posting pictures of sun umbrellas and swiming pools.
It IS a pity that there would be little point. when we decided to come over here, we assumed (naively) that our children would be doing as they had in the UK at weekends/after school (i.e. playing with the children in the surrounding neighbourhood).

This has not happened. My two are 10 and 8, and both very capable of cycling "round the block" to friends houses. However, NONE of their friends` parents will let THEIR offspring out of their sight!!!

The other day, my 10 year old son went round to a friends for the day, and I casually mentioned in front of his friend`s mother that it was nice to have a park only 50 yards from their house where the boys could play. She looked at me as though I had come from another planet (well, OK, I suppose they do think the UK is on another planet!!!...) and said "Oh no, they`re not allowed out of the back yard".

Mind you, I overheard a conversation between my two yesterday which went as follows:-

Daughter: I`m a toilet monitor"
Son: "Dur... what`s that then?"
Daughter: "It means if anyone wants to go to the toilet in lessons I have to take them."
Son: "That`s gross...fancy having to take someone to the
toilet..."
Daughter: "It`s because there was a man and a woman who
were waiting around the toilet block last week and
touched a girl a bit funny"
Son: "Dur.."
Me: "Why the hell weren`t we (i.e. the parents) informed???"
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:18 am
The Tooth Fairy

KiwiPaul (who claims to be an Aus resident) has tried to be helpful on several points, most recently median house prices.

Pommie Bastard has posted contrary information about Perths wealthiest suburbs which is neigh on useless to the "median" immigrant.

Dotty posts have been so laced with arsenic that any informational value is lost.

A little thought before posting might reveal what "information" would be useful and what would not.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

KiwiPaul (who claims to be an Aus resident) has tried to be helpful on several points, most recently median house prices.

Pommie Bastard has posted contrary information about Perths wealthiest suburbs which is neigh on useless to the "median" immigrant.

Dotty posts have been so laced with arsenic that any informational value is lost.

A little thought before posting might reveal what "information" would be useful and what would not.
Perhaps if posters could substantiate the "information" given in their posts it would add credibility...
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Not so one is up market one very average and full of Poms.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I can see where you are coming from, TF, but you have to bear in mind that all three of the posters you mention above are at different stages of the "life cycle" and are in 3 different areas of Australia.

PB has at least substantiated SOME of his posts with credible evidence, and it is A FACT that Perth is now the crime capital of the western world.

Dotty has lived here for long enough (successfully) to be able to give a valued judgement on life on the sunshine coast, although it may not be information that a lot of people want to hear.

Kiwipaul is a man who has little responsibilities in terms of family, and is enjoying his time in Brisbane which, for a while, is a VERY pleasant part of the world to be in... Good for him!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Kiwipaul is a man who has little responsibilities in terms of family, and is enjoying his time in Brisbane which, for a while, is a VERY pleasant part of the world to be in... Good for him!!!

You summed me up pretty accurately and I only post what I know about.

You won't see me posting about schools and kids, BUT I will post about the life down here, Property, work, etc. To each his own.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:32 am
Banned

I can see where you are coming from, TF, but you have to bear in mind that all three of the posters you mention above are at different stages of the "life cycle" and are in 3 different areas of Australia.

PB has at least substantiated SOME of his posts with credible evidence, and it is A FACT that Perth is now the crime capital of the western world.

Dotty has lived here for long enough (successfully) to be able to give a valued judgement on life on the sunshine coast, although it may not be information that a lot of people want to hear.

Well put and without name calling .

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:36 am
The Tooth Fairy

Perceptive and you have provided a useful list.

But I ask Pommie Bastard and Dotty to step into the shoes of an prospective / new immgrant and, laying aside the vitriol and arsenic, to post, after adequate thought, a list of things prospective / new immigrants should consider / research.

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You summed me up pretty accurately and I only post what I know about.

You won't see me posting about schools and kids, BUT I will post about the life down here, Property, work, etc. To each his own.
EXACTLY. TO EACH HIS OWN... We all have different aspirations, goals, dreams, expectations...

If you asked 100 people living in, say, Winchester, whether they were happy, you`d probably get the same responses if you`d asked 100 people living in Brisbane, but probably for 100 different reasons!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 8:02 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps if posters could substantiate the "information" given in their posts it would add credibility...
Good on you Rosy, you really are a sweety. Forgive me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.