Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The latest time saving device.......bin liners!

The latest time saving device.......bin liners!

Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default The latest time saving device.......bin liners!

....I'm stunned! How have I missed this wonderful invention? How have I managed to reach the age of 40 without it? Why aren't I rushing out to buy it.....?

What is it, you ask??

The latest amazing invention being advertised on good old Aussie TV - Save time replacing bin liners! Line your bin with this new invention - its two bags joined together, you line the bin with both of them, then when the bin is full the inner one lifts out easily, leaving the outer one for the next lot of garbage.......WTF! Just think of all the things you could do with those precious seconds you save not having to insert a new liner.......

I'm crying with laughter, I thought it was a spoof but its genuine!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The latest time saving device.......bin liners!

I thought that too poll, but how many times have you dumped stuff on top of the bin cos you can't be arsed to empty it. OR! havn't replaced the bin liner cos you won't be next to use it, or am i just living in the wrong house
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:00 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I thought that too poll, but how many times have you dumped stuff on top of the bin cos you can't be arsed to empty it. OR! havn't replaced the bin liner cos you won't be next to use it, or am i just living in the wrong house
But what are the chances that when you pull the full one out it will break cleanly away from the second one...... result, almost certainly, nice big hole in the second liner.....what really got me was the fact that the TV Tart was so pleased. not with the convenience, but with the fact she now has "So much spare time to use".......!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We have different ones here in Vic where its a wad of 10 surrounded by a leccy band, you just remove the full one then the new ones already in place, how about THAT for saving time, hours i reckon! Hours!!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:14 am
Home and Happy

I'm quite surprised they allow binliners up here - they have such a big hatred of plastic bags, Every shop you go in has signs about not using plastic carriers - the poxy little things they have up here are useless anyway, give me Sainsburys anyday.
I try and take my rucksack, to pack the shopping in that, but Coles won't let me do it, they say they don't know what else I've got in there....so they insist I use their plastic bags. I've now taken to letting them to pack it all, then I unpack it, repack in my own bag, and leave their carriers behind. That winds them up more than ever!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:04 am
Badge

now hang on hang on...girls...

if after the disposal of the first one, you are left with the 2nd one only, then how do you 'top' that one up?

The cycle of efficiency you have tried to introduced in this manner is thus broken after the 2nd bag is used..

Where's Mike Stanton now - he's a consultant; he'd be right on this one normally.

Badge

Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Badge
now hang on hang on...girls...

if after the disposal of the first one, you are left with the 2nd one only, then how do you 'top' that one up?

The cycle of efficiency you have tried to introduced in this manner is thus broken after the 2nd bag is used..

Where's Mike Stanton now - he's a consultant; he'd be right on this one normally.

Badge
Ahah, Badge you see my point - thats why I found it so funny that its considered such a time-saving device! One bag full, removed. Second bag full - ah - have to stop and place 2 new bags in bin....... and clean out the stuff thrown in the bin when the silly woman forgot it was the second bag she'd removed, not the first
Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:06 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ahah, Badge you see my point - thats why I found it so funny that its considered such a time-saving device! One bag full, removed. Second bag full - ah - have to stop and place 2 new bags in bin....... and clean out the stuff thrown in the bin when the silly woman forgot it was the second bag she'd removed, not the first
indeed...the mind boggles..

Badge

Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Badge
indeed...the mind boggles..

Badge
Anyone would think I was bored...or trying to get my post count up.... bin liners, guinea pigs...whatever next...... :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:55 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

....I'm stunned! How have I missed this wonderful invention? How have I managed to reach the age of 40 without it? Why aren't I rushing out to buy it.....?

What is it, you ask??

The latest amazing invention being advertised on good old Aussie TV - Save time replacing bin liners! Line your bin with this new invention - its two bags joined together, you line the bin with both of them, then when the bin is full the inner one lifts out easily, leaving the outer one for the next lot of garbage.......WTF! Just think of all the things you could do with those precious seconds you save not having to insert a new liner.......

Hiya Poll,
They are a bit like the nappy sacs that go in that compactor thingy, never used one myself but used to babysit for people who had one. Bags are on a continuous roll so when one is full of squashed nappies, you just tear the bag off and hey presto a clean bag awaits the next deposit. Well something like that anyway from what I remember, I think, lol.
Sarah
Old Sep 20th 2004, 5:14 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Poll,
They are a bit like the nappy sacs that go in that compactor thingy, never used one myself but used to babysit for people who had one. Bags are on a continuous roll so when one is full of squashed nappies, you just tear the bag off and hey presto a clean bag awaits the next deposit. Well something like that anyway from what I remember, I think, lol.
Sarah
Gosh I used to have one of those - squish in a dirty nappy turn the top and the next one was ready for squishing in, then you only had to empty the Nappy San when you had about 20/30 squished in depending on size of nappy! Made us kill our selves laughing when thinking about the archeologists in years to come wondering why we preserved our baby poo in continuous running pods of plastic.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:02 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by Sandra
Gosh I used to have one of those - squish in a dirty nappy turn the top and the next one was ready for squishing in, then you only had to empty the Nappy San when you had about 20/30 squished in depending on size of nappy! Made us kill our selves laughing when thinking about the archeologists in years to come wondering why we preserved our baby poo in continuous running pods of plastic.
That thought reminded me of the time my pet rabbit ate a string of my nicker elastic from my laundry basket. A string of running poo pods emerged from the other end! LOL! (sorry to lower the tone - but what a vision!)

Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:16 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

What is it, you ask??

Really not worried about bin bags cos thats a bloke job in my house. But on to time saving, Have they discovered washing tablets over there yet?? I buy everything in ready made tablet or wipe form, washing liquid tabs, dishwasher tabs, drain cleaner sachets, bathroom cleaning wipes, floor wipes that stick on the end on a mop thingy, face cleaning wipes even my bog brush has a special capsule of cleaning fluid in it. Dont ask me why cos I know they are not any better and probably cost a lot more, the adverts obviously worked on me.

Am I goin to have to go back to spray bottles and cloths.

Kala
Old Sep 20th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite surprised they allow binliners up here - they have such a big hatred of plastic bags, Every shop you go in has signs about not using plastic carriers - the poxy little things they have up here are useless anyway, give me Sainsburys anyday.
I try and take my rucksack, to pack the shopping in that, but Coles won't let me do it, they say they don't know what else I've got in there....so they insist I use their plastic bags. I've now taken to letting them to pack it all, then I unpack it, repack in my own bag, and leave their carriers behind. That winds them up more than ever!
Ahh dear sainsburys now have a recycle bin next to the main entrance to put their old bags in!
I use the old bags in my waste bin- 6 or 7 at a time. It used to drive hubby mad if he went to throw something away and no bin liner had been put in bin to replaced the last . So I started to put 6 in - in theory we only end up with a linerless bin every 6 days. sad or what!
one less thing causing marital upsets
Old Sep 20th 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Polly,

Now come on give them a bit of credit, I think there are more than 2 bags in the system, around 10 perhaps! So you have 10 liners in place before you have to change!!

What I found funny about the idea is I must be the only family that has a pool of gunk at the bottom of the bin each time??? In my case it would be honking if we did not clean it out! With this idea it would just stagnate on top of the 'new' liner!

I used to use the carrier bags, but they have introduced green fabric environmentally shopping bags at my Woolies, off I trot with my 10 and they pack them for me too. So now I have no more carriers lurking around. Great idea even if I look like a 60 yr old walking along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.