Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Latest Job Vacancies

Latest Job Vacancies

Old Mar 19th 2003, 3:52 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest Job Vacancies

I know you good people have some interest in jobs or could it be you are all plan not to work , the question has to be put why does a country with higher unemployment than the UK need more workers ?
The only thought I have is Australians prefer the dole and welfare and import cheap labour from mug countries?
PS still lots of hairdressers needed some good ones would be a nice change.

VACANCIES for skilled workers slipped a further 1.6 per cent in March, official figures show.

The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR) today said its skilled vacancies index fell to 107.2 in March, but remained 1.1 per cent higher than the same time last year.

Vacancies fell for all main occupational groups, with associate professionals dropping 4.9 per cent, professionals 1.9 per cent and trades 0.5 per cent.

DEWR said the biggest falls were for medical and science technical officers, building and engineering associates, organisation and information professionals and automotive trades.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 19th 2003 at 4:13 am.
Old Mar 19th 2003, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Latest Job Vacancies

The only thought I have is Australians prefer the dole and welfare and import cheap labour from mug countries?

When I looked at the amount of dole paid and a whole lot of other unemployment benefits - no wonder that a lot of people would rather live on dole than work hard, pay most of it in taxes and at the end of the day get marginally more than what they would have received in unemployment benefits. Is the Govt. taking any steps at all to stop people from misusing the system? - e.g. provide unemployment benifits upto a some months only. I heard that there were many people who remained unemployed for years and years. It seems as if the govt. is encouraging such people - by not taking any hard decisions?
Old Mar 19th 2003, 6:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Job Vacancies

Originally posted by NinaU

When I looked at the amount of dole paid and a whole lot of other unemployment benefits - no wonder that a lot of people would rather live on dole than work hard, pay most of it in taxes and at the end of the day get marginally more than what they would have received in unemployment benefits. Is the Govt. taking any steps at all to stop people from misusing the system? - e.g. provide unemployment benifits upto a some months only. I heard that there were many people who remained unemployed for years and years. It seems as if the govt. is encouraging such people - by not taking any hard decisions?

They are trying work for the dole also you have to prove that you attended so many interviews per week and a lot do indeed get the payments stopped and fined.
But its easier to pay welfare than to create jobs , the sticking point is those who choose to work have to keep those who care not to.
The biggest problem is low wages do not encourge the unemployed to work its an old problem that there is no easy answer , except low unemployment which drives up wages, so its chicken or the egg and bring in more immigrants only floods the labour market which keeps low wage levels.
The points system on skilled visas aims to do this by targeting the trained people to fill jobs that otherwise would have to up the rate in order to attract people.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 19th 2003 at 6:39 am.