Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Latest Ambit WA Engineering salary index

Latest Ambit WA Engineering salary index

Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest Ambit WA Engineering salary index

Latest Ambit WA Engineering contract & salary index for anyone who is interested.
Attached Files
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default Re: Latest Ambit WA Engineering salary index

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Latest Ambit WA Engineering contract & salary index for anyone who is interested.
Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2010, 8:36 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Very useful indeed particularly to the folks waiting for WA SMP...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

I just used this to negotiate my offer and it worked
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colonel
I just used this to negotiate my offer and it worked
Good stuff. It's a useful index as the rates and salaries in it are usually spot on.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The mining geology figures are way off the mark. Anyone out there who thinks you can pick up a geotech engineer for $101k is living in silly land. You wouldnt even get a grad for that. Havent a clue what a engineering geologist is in mining? Never heard of one, but a lead geologist i would assume is what is actually a senior geo and there is no way onm the planet you would get one for $129k. We are advertising for one at the moment for $175k and are struggling to find anyone - and we are one of the major producers. Heck, one of our field assistants - like a labourer who assists the geologists has just put his notice in to go and work for Rio on more than $129k
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I think the permanent staff salaries for Oil and Gas are optimistic.

I also question the editorial skills of the document:

in the Oil & Gas sector and $277,200 in the Mining sector – representing a pay rise of up to one third, in just four months for these highly sort
after skills.

Maybe it's an Aussie word, as Estate Agents also say the same thing instead of sought
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by verystormy
The mining geology figures are way off the mark. Anyone out there who thinks you can pick up a geotech engineer for $101k is living in silly land. You wouldnt even get a grad for that. Havent a clue what a engineering geologist is in mining? Never heard of one, but a lead geologist i would assume is what is actually a senior geo and there is no way onm the planet you would get one for $129k. We are advertising for one at the moment for $175k and are struggling to find anyone - and we are one of the major producers. Heck, one of our field assistants - like a labourer who assists the geologists has just put his notice in to go and work for Rio on more than $129k
The contract rates for engineering are spot on.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 2:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond

in the Oil & Gas sector and $277,200 in the Mining sector – representing a pay rise of up to one third, in just four months for these highly sort
after skills.

Maybe it's an Aussie word, as Estate Agents also say the same thing instead of sought
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

For Oil and Gas they're not

Last edited by Loch Lomond; Dec 2nd 2010 at 10:03 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

For Oil and Gas they're not
Fair enough. I know an electrical engineer and a designer who work in O&G in Perth and they are earning pretty much the same as what this index says.

Mining rates are right.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura about

after skills.

I agree that the perm salaries in O&G seem a little on the high side. I was recently made an offer to work as a Project Engineer with an oil major and it wasn't even close to the bottom rate of $174K quoted on this survey. That sounds more like the ball park figure for a hard working contractor on ABN status, but hey maybe I'm applying for the wrong roles and moving in the wrong circles. The majority of the Project Engineers in my place report a salary of $90 -$110+ super + 10% bonus.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:29 am
Just Joined

headsouth will become famous soon enoughheadsouth will become famous soon enough

The O &G figures definately look high . Dont know about mining never worked in it might have to start looking if those figures are right

Originally Posted by Mike 3G
The majority of the Project Engineers in my place report a salary of $90 -$110+ super + 10% bonus.

yup , sounds right. talking about 2-4 years out of uni.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Mike 3G
I agree that the perm salaries in O&G seem a little on the high side. I was recently made an offer to work as a Project Engineer with an oil major and it wasn't even close to the bottom rate of $174K quoted on this survey. That sounds more like the ball park figure for a hard working contractor on ABN status, but hey maybe I'm applying for the wrong roles and moving in the wrong circles. The majority of the Project Engineers in my place report a salary of $90 -$110+ super + 10% bonus.
Simple solution is to go contract. Staffies are contractors with no balls!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Mike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura about

Simple solution is to go contract. Staffies are contractors with no balls!
Used to be a dayrate ltd company man in Aberdeen and the figures did not stack up as well as many would think. 35 quid an hour isn't that good when the salary men were getting 60 grand a year you then have to consider hols,sick pay, final salary pension + bonus.

The 90-110K figure is actually in downstream with Shell and thats for fully qualified Project Engineers with 5-10 years under their belt. The next level up is in the 110-130 brackets for team leaders and senior engineers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.