Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

lateral transfer to the australian army

lateral transfer to the australian army

Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Emmav86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lateral transfer to the australian army

Hi, does anyone know of someone who has done a lateral transfer from the British to the australian army? My partner and I are currently looking into it and would be great to speak with someone who has already been through this process.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:26 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lateral transfer to the australian army

see you have found the Australian forum so shall just say Welcome and hope you get the advice you seek
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: latera transfer to the australian army

Originally Posted by Emmav86
Hi, does anyone know of someone who has done a lateral transfer from the British to the australian army? My partner and I are currently looking into it and would be great to speak with someone who has already been through this process.
Hi Emma and welcome to BE.

I'm afraid I can't help with the question, but as it's not really about visas, I've moved you to the main forum so more people will see it

Good luck
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Jen1977ni maybe able to offer some advice.

Moving this to the Oz forum for you.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Okay - sorry if you're getting confused. Saw the other thread moved, so I've merged them and deleted the duplicate

Hopefully though someone will be along to help with the transfer question soon though
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Use the search function at the top of the screen to look for posts for "navy" as there are a few from the RN who have posted here.

From what I gather it's only open to senior ranks and it'll help if your from one of the Corps with a skill set that they need over here.

Good luck'

Keel

Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: latera transfer to the australian army

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Emma and welcome to BE.

I'm afraid I can't help with the question, but as it's not really about visas, I've moved you to the main forum so more people will see it

Good luck
thank you
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alfresco

thank you
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keel
Use the search function at the top of the screen to look for posts for "navy" as there are a few from the RN who have posted here.

From what I gather it's only open to senior ranks and it'll help if your from one of the Corps with a skill set that they need over here.

Good luck'

Keel
thanks for the help new to forums
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma. My hubby joined the ADF after 23 yrs in the British Army and we've been here in Australia since 2009. There are a lot of us already here and also in the process of applying. There is a Facebook page with everything you need on it. It's a great resource and we're all very friendly
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112038224332/
Admin: I hope it's okay to post this link x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:27 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all

Used to only be available if you were a Stripey or more, and was also dependent upon your Corps.

I didn't take that route in the end, and this was back in 2004 when I was looking at my options, so I'm sure you'll get way better and current advice from some soon.

Last edited by With All Due Respect...; Jul 4th 2013 at 2:29 pm. Reason: Dates
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Lat Transfer board on ARRSE too with people gone or going through the process
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Yep, Jen or Geordie Mandy are probably the best people
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Jen is the lady that has set up the Facebook group I mentioned above
Old Jul 6th 2013, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Jen is the lady that has set up the Facebook group I mentioned above

Indeed! Check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.