Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last week at work..

Last week at work..

Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Last week at work..

This is my last full week at work.........it's bl**dy great.... I'm so happy to be leaving, I can't wait for friday for my leaving drinks

Anyone else finishing work soonish??
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Last week at work..

Originally Posted by pako
This is my last full week at work.........it's bl**dy great.... I'm so happy to be leaving, I can't wait for friday for my leaving drinks

Leaving in 3 weeks but havent got the visa yet :scared:
jacqui
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Its also our last week at work and it can't come soon enough

John
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

I have just over two weeks to go and i can't wait !!!!
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Leaving in 3 weeks but havent got the visa yet :scared:
jacqui
You'll get your visa soon, everything always comes together at the last minute
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:34 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

fan bloody tastic it must be a great feeling

good luck to you all
it will soon be our turn

jan & gaz xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robos
fan bloody tastic it must be a great feeling

good luck to you all
it will soon be our turn

jan & gaz xx
Thanking you kindly...we booked our flights way back in Feb, this has been a very long year. However in saying that the last 2 months have flown by. Good luck with you plans
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:45 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

we booked our flights way back in Feb, this has been a very long year.
Crikey!! I'm not sure i could have coped with having booked our flights so far in advance .. we had our flights booked two weeks ago and still have three weeks to go and its going so sssllloooowwww!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cam_uk
Crikey!! I'm not sure i could have coped with having booked our flights so far in advance .. we had our flights booked two weeks ago and still have three weeks to go and its going so sssllloooowwww!!!!
Nope my husband is a tight arse and wanted to get a good deal. Our flights were £330 each (one way) with Cathay via Hong Kong. I'm not sure if we saved any money, I haven't checked flight prices out recently

We still have 3 weeks left in the UK we fly out on Monday 28th. Thought I'd finish work first and get everything in order. We still have to see a lot of family, ship another load of boxes and clean our flat so we get our rental deposit back. And there's all the banking to tidy up to. Crikey i'm getting a wrinkle just thinking about it :scared: :scared:

All the best with your plans...what else do you have to do?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:08 am
birmingham to brisbane

All the best with your plans...what else do you have to do?

We have loads to do but the wife seems to have it all under control

I'm looking after the banking etc, she is getting the house ready for the shippers to come ..

We've sold the house but it doesn't look like it will complete before we leave so i will have to sign everything i need to in advance ...
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Me too I finish on Friday after the most boring 3 month notice period ever.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jond
Its also our last week at work and it can't come soon enough

John
It's getting exciting isn't it John? It's such a freeing feeling, bring it on
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isgraham
Me too I finish on Friday after the most boring 3 month notice period ever.
3 months... what a killer. I only have to give one week..but I've been at the same place for 3.5 years and they've known for ages that I'm going. 3 months is an eternity though.. you having leaving drinks??
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

It's my last week this week
However, we're not flying out until January - but with two little ones, I need some time to organise everything so am keeping them in nursery. Just wish our house buyers would stop messing us around and then I might be able to enjoy it a bit more
Good luck with your new life and all those leaving soon!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

3 months... what a killer. I only have to give one week..but I've been at the same place for 3.5 years and they've known for ages that I'm going. 3 months is an eternity though.. you having leaving drinks??
Yes it's a killer looking forward to having 3 or 4 months of work in Sydney though. I am not going for drinks with my current colleagues I didn't bother getting to know them as when I tooke the job I knew I was only going to be there for 6 - 9 months. Going out with my ex-colleagues in the city much more fun!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.