Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last straw now im defo leaving UK

last straw now im defo leaving UK

Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:51 pm
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future
Default last straw now im defo leaving UK

HI all, I am getting nearer our leaving date and getting all the normal voices in my head "is it the right thing to do" blah blah blah.
Then today I was talking to friends about one of my neighbours who has been a nightmare for the last year, weve saw him batter his sister in the street, threaten his friend with a knife in the street, the violence has been getting worse and worse so I have reported him to the police on many many occasions giving them details in abundance. Anyway things quietened down in last week or so. Just found out why he has been charged with MURDER of a young 19 year old boy. I am absolutely gutted and furious. The amount of times I called the police on him, the times I spoke to the community officer. The letter of all incidents advising them he was getting worse and still they did nothing. They came to my door and said they couldnt do anything. Not once did they go to his door and every time we called 999 the police took hours to respond and in turn missed the incidents.
Oh I know OZ has its troubles but today has made me realise if I am to start my own family it certainly wont be in the fekin country.
Sorry for rant but I am so upset a young mans life has been taken and I tried warning them. What can you do....
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last straw now im defo leaving UK

Originally Posted by the Brady gang
HI all, I am getting nearer our leaving date and getting all the normal voices in my head "is it the right thing to do" blah blah blah.
Then today I was talking to friends about one of my neighbours who has been a nightmare for the last year, weve saw him batter his sister in the street, threaten his friend with a knife in the street, the violence has been getting worse and worse so I have reported him to the police on many many occasions giving them details in abundance. Anyway things quietened down in last week or so. Just found out why he has been charged with MURDER of a young 19 year old boy. I am absolutely gutted and furious. The amount of times I called the police on him, the times I spoke to the community officer. The letter of all incidents advising them he was getting worse and still they did nothing. They came to my door and said they couldnt do anything. Not once did they go to his door and every time we called 999 the police took hours to respond and in turn missed the incidents.
Oh I know OZ has its troubles but today has made me realise if I am to start my own family it certainly wont be in the fekin country.
Sorry for rant but I am so upset a young mans life has been taken and I tried warning them. What can you do....

God how awful for you, the trouble with this siutation is you're the one who starts to feel a pain - constant phone calls to the police and when something like this happens, they finally get their act together -when it's far too late. Thank god he's now away from you and your community, it's just terrible that such a young person hs died, someone who had his whole life to look forward to.
Hope you make the correct choice and that Australia can offer you more.

Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

How sad . He's off the streets now, hopefully the law will keep him off and he wont be able to hurt anybody else.

My thoughts are with the young man who was killed and his family

Tracey
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing same sh** different

you know what I mean, I had this argument the other night with someone on here, I know that all places in the world have their problems but this just seems to be a haven for them. I have a druggy to contend with too, have done the community thing, police, told him myself, made lists, nothing happens.
Poor family who have just lost their son. Tragic
lace x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is tragic but isnt this a world thing not just specific to the UK

Theres a 6 year old girl dead here, junkie parents, investigation now into why 20 complaints were registered and nobody did anything. Just one of many cases. Point is it happens here too, so where do you move to then??

You cant let it make you bitter or cloud your judgement that it wont happen elsewhere.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:12 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - a really terrible story

Australia has more than its fair share of crime and problems though and people should not think its any different here. The crime rate is higher than the UK!

The drugs problems here are huge and also much worse than the UK!!

Fortunately none of this has touched us yet but the papers and news are full of horrid stories. No matter where you are in the world, its a sign of the modern times I'm afraid.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Sod it I am staying here, my sisters said it was miles better where they live. Maybe sometime a bit off on one in Redcliffe but deffo not as bad as it is here they say
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better for sharing that with us.
You will never get over it, but you have to stop beating yourself up.
You tried your best to warn people, its just a shame that somebodys life has been taken in order to get this scum off the street.
W e have a friend here who is a pliceman, and he was surprised at some of the stories i told him about my beloved town Morecambe. It happened all the time there. Anyway think of the future at least you are trying to do what is best for your family.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:44 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yes this is tragic but isnt this a world thing not just specific to the UK

Theres a 6 year old girl dead here, junkie parents, investigation now into why 20 complaints were registered and nobody did anything. Just one of many cases. Point is it happens here too, so where do you move to then??

You cant let it make you bitter or cloud your judgement that it wont happen elsewhere.

Police in Aus don't tend to worry about that sort of stuff either, but dare to drive 2km/h over the speed limit and they're sure to be on the case straight away!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I don't find this too hard to believe. I used to be a community police officer, and, apart from being probably the worst job i've ever had, it gave me a very good insight into the direction in which tthe UK will undoubtedly go.

The police here have quite simply had their hands tied by the Eurpoean convention on human rights, and are now so hogtied that its extremely difficult, if not almost impossible to do anything proactive in terms of community policing without breaching the convention. Most things that any normal person would consider to be logical and sensible are generally deemed to be breaches of the ECHR.

A good example is of using video evidence to capture youths disorderly conduct (drinking, abuse, vandalism, racing cars etc) in public places. Logical eh? Because it *MAY* capture an innocent person, or the film may sweep across somebodies window where the curtains are open, it makes it completely inadmissable as evidence.

Any reports from members of the public that don't amount to anything being found by the police can't be used either, which is probably what has happened in this case. So if I called the police 10 times to report the same person using drugs on my doorstep and the police only caught him at it once, guess what? The other 9 incident reports can't be used to build up a profile of his activities, incase I had called them in maliciously.

I understand that many years ago, the police were open to corruption etc, but now I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way, and they are powerless to do anything in many situations. Except of course traffic policing, which produces instant and very measurable results.

In the end I left because it felt as if I was just lying to the public about what we (the organisation) would do to help them with their problems etc etc, knowing full well that I would return to the station and just file it for no further action because there was very little we could actually do.

Not a job I would readily take up again.

S
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NJJ
Police in Aus don't tend to worry about that sort of stuff either, but dare to drive 2km/h over the speed limit and they're sure to be on the case straight away!
Yep i second that one m8
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't find this too hard to believe. I used to be a community police officer, and, apart from being probably the worst job i've ever had, it gave me a very good insight into the direction in which tthe UK will undoubtedly go.

The police here have quite simply had their hands tied by the Eurpoean convention on human rights, and are now so hogtied that its extremely difficult, if not almost impossible to do anything proactive in terms of community policing without breaching the convention. Most things that any normal person would consider to be logical and sensible are generally deemed to be breaches of the ECHR.

A good example is of using video evidence to capture youths disorderly conduct (drinking, abuse, vandalism, racing cars etc) in public places. Logical eh? Because it *MAY* capture an innocent person, or the film may sweep across somebodies window where the curtains are open, it makes it completely inadmissable as evidence.

Any reports from members of the public that don't amount to anything being found by the police can't be used either, which is probably what has happened in this case. So if I called the police 10 times to report the same person using drugs on my doorstep and the police only caught him at it once, guess what? The other 9 incident reports can't be used to build up a profile of his activities, incase I had called them in maliciously.

I understand that many years ago, the police were open to corruption etc, but now I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way, and they are powerless to do anything in many situations. Except of course traffic policing, which produces instant and very measurable results.

In the end I left because it felt as if I was just lying to the public about what we (the organisation) would do to help them with their problems etc etc, knowing full well that I would return to the station and just file it for no further action because there was very little we could actually do.

Not a job I would readily take up again.

S

Interesting post, but very worrying and a bit sad. Explains why a complaint by me about being assualted in broad daylight came to nothing.

Suzyx
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Interesting post, but very worrying and a bit sad. Explains why a complaint by me about being assualted in broad daylight came to nothing.

Suzyx
You must of heard the saying they took every thing but the kitchen sink a few years ago my mum and dad had to move out of the house we all grew up in my dad had his leg amputated because of cancer and he couldn't manage the stairs so they moved into a place with a warden they had put the house on the market then my mum got breast cancer my dad went into a home for a few weeks they live in Yorkshire i live in dorset my mum came to stay with me after she had a mastectomy while she was here someone broke into the empty house and took the kitchen all the cupboards hacksawed the pipes of the wall and left the water running they were left with just a empty room and the boys that did it were given a slapped wrist it pees me of we are to soft with the little buggers Janet
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Then today I was talking to friends about one of my neighbours who has been a nightmare for the last year, weve saw him batter his sister in the street, threaten his friend with a knife in the street, the violence has been getting worse and worse so I have reported him to the police on many many occasions giving them details in abundance. Anyway things quietened down in last week or so. Just found out why he has been charged with MURDER of a young 19 year old boy. I am absolutely gutted and furious. The amount of do....
An incredible story .. people may complain about violence in the US ..
But that type of thing would never happen here in Florida...
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Sorry you've had such a horrible time. Hope life in Aus makes up for all the misery.

TJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.