Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At last something positive to say about Australia

At last something positive to say about Australia

Old Sep 11th 2005, 12:55 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At last something positive to say about Australia

Originally Posted by arkon
Wow! Top post TopCat! Just to say to everyone that says just sell up and more back if your not happy, That its really not that easy, it really isnt
't. If it was believe me I'd be gone by now and not an expat anymore.
Why not?

Sorry, but I just had to ask.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:40 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Why not?

Sorry, but I just had to ask.
Well, I've already said on another post somewhere, But I hate it when someone posts an answer that just says 'Just go search the forum for it'. So I won't, and I will say again why. We bought a very expensive farm in a very poor place, Chances of selling it anytime this century is nearly zilch, This alone makes it hard to try out other parts of Oz. Add to this our 12 year old dog and its bad heart is unlikely to survive another 24hour plane trip as It almost pegged it on the way here and that rules out a return to the UK until he's passed away. Daft to anyone that doesn't like or own dogs, not breeders but you know the 4 legged 1st born child variety. And yes before anyone says it it was a real daft thing to do by buying this place but search my previous posts and you'll see why we bought in haste. (shite, I've gone and done it and told you to search, sorry ).

Back to the original topic of this post and the Birth certificate, I showed it to my parents today and they were also very impressed and suggested framing it!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the original topic of this post and the Birth certificate, I showed it to my parents today and they were also very impressed and suggested framing it! [/QUOTE]

get the biggest brightest one you can find arkon and each time you look at it, feel very proud

i ubderstand you can't sell, but do you think in a year ir two you may have an option of renting the farm out? hope that dosent sound too stupid!

on the other hand, just think, as your child grows up on the farm, how special that will be for him, w3ow what a life for a little un!

good luck and if your wife fancies a chat you're welcome to give her my email address

debs x
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:25 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
Back to the original topic of this post and the Birth certificate, I showed it to my parents today and they were also very impressed and suggested framing it!
get the biggest brightest one you can find arkon and each time you look at it, feel very proud

i ubderstand you can't sell, but do you think in a year ir two you may have an option of renting the farm out? hope that dosent sound too stupid!

on the other hand, just think, as your child grows up on the farm, how special that will be for him, w3ow what a life for a little un!

good luck and if your wife fancies a chat you're welcome to give her my email address

debs x[/QUOTE]
Thakns Debs, I'll tell her, But I can't even get her to come on and use the forum, She's seen me take some flak on here and won't come near it now. Probably just as well because if you take all my posts and multiply by 10 then add a dose of post natal depresion then I think you get my drift what her posts would be like. She can't abide the place, and now its comming home to her exactly what a good life she had in the UK and a large part of that was her job which she really enjoyed and would not be able to go back to even if she did return. She currently feels she is in an open prison, and the number of times she has been short changed and lied to with a smile means I don't think she will ever settle, I on the other hand am a bit more pliable, but I don;t have to like it.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=TopCat3]I never tire of arriving on the train and I always pick the front seat by the window so I can see "my harbour" as the train pulls in./QUOTE]

I do exactly the same, everyday! One of my favourite views.