Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last remaining relative

last remaining relative

Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down last remaining relative

hi all, hope you are all out having fun and not sitting at home reading this on a Friday night!

Hope someone can help me. My younger brother was going to apply on a Last remaining relative visa, we do have one brother in Indonesia, who he hasn't spoken to or seen in 5 years, and he has lived there already for 15years.

Before on LRR you could have a close relative in another country, as long as you have no contact with them for a certain amount of time. Now it has changed, and if you have any other relative outside of Australia - don't bother applying. Has anybody else come across this and what did you do? My brother has a great job, but no degree, and his job is not on their list. I feel really upset that he is stuck there on his own.

can anyone tell me if this happened to you?

thanks
dawnx
Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: last remaining relative

Originally Posted by dawn a
hi all, hope you are all out having fun and not sitting at home reading this on a Friday night!

Hope someone can help me. My younger brother was going to apply on a Last remaining relative visa, we do have one brother in Indonesia, who he hasn't spoken to or seen in 5 years, and he has lived there already for 15years.

Before on LRR you could have a close relative in another country, as long as you have no contact with them for a certain amount of time. Now it has changed, and if you have any other relative outside of Australia - don't bother applying. Has anybody else come across this and what did you do? My brother has a great job, but no degree, and his job is not on their list. I feel really upset that he is stuck there on his own.

can anyone tell me if this happened to you?

thanks
dawnx
You would be better of posting this on the Aus immigration forum !

Good luck tho'
Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point

thought i was!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dawn a
thought i was!
Nope! you can follow the link below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32