Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Last Post - For now!!

The Last Post - For now!!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:49 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Last Post - For now!!

On Friday the packers are coming, I've finished work and I'll be without my PC untill we get there. On Monday we're off! this will be my last post for a while.

As you can see, my input on here has not been massive, but over the last few months the info and advice I've had from BritishExpats has been invaluable - even though I've gone against most of it. What can I say- I always was a contrary git!

In a recent thread, Carianne asked how people's perspective has changed. For me it has always been about experiencing something new. The world is such a huge place and I want to see a bit more of it. There has been so much argument recently about where is "better", the UK or Oz. I no longer want to get embroiled in that argument. Finally I am about to find out for myself. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people have missed the point. It's not better or worse - just different, and that's what it's all about. I figure I haven't taken enough risks in my life, and it's about time I started.

When I post again, I hope it wil be to give my own view of what life is like in Oz, but it will be my view, no-one else's. That's why I don't think you should take too seriously anything you read on here, because it's different for everyone. The very best of luck to you all.

Hakuna Matata, and may the force be with you!!!

Andy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Andy for the big move. Hope everything goes to plan.

Look forward to your views once you arrive in OZ.

Bye for now

footie chick
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:51 am
WBB

Default Re: The Last Post - For now!!

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
On Friday the packers are coming, I've finished work and I'll be without my PC untill we get there. On Monday we're off! this will be my last post for a while.

As you can see, my input on here has not been massive, but over the last few months the info and advice I've had from BritishExpats has been invaluable - even though I've gone against most of it. What can I say- I always was a contrary git!

In a recent thread, Carianne asked how people's perspective has changed. For me it has always been about experiencing something new. The world is such a huge place and I want to see a bit more of it. There has been so much argument recently about where is "better", the UK or Oz. I no longer want to get embroiled in that argument. Finally I am about to find out for myself. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people have missed the point. It's not better or worse - just different, and that's what it's all about. I figure I haven't taken enough risks in my life, and it's about time I started.

When I post again, I hope it wil be to give my own view of what life is like in Oz, but it will be my view, no-one else's. That's why I don't think you should take too seriously anything you read on here, because it's different for everyone. The very best of luck to you all.

Andy

well said.

dont forget to update us when you get there and have a safe journey.

Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:52 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
Good luck with it all Andy, look forward to your experiences later.
Suz
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Andy, you're reasons for going echo ours.

All the best for the future....it will be us at the end of the month!:scared:
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! let us know how things go for you!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:59 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, i hope that you really enjoy it and let us know your views.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:17 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

good luck andy!!!

have fun and enjoy the experience
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:10 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate!!!

Let us know how things progress.

TT
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Good Luck

Live For The Moment

Enjoy

Lynn:lecture:
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

A great post, I totally agree and we are leaving for the same reasons.

Please do post when you get out there and give us your opinion. It is always good to read how people get on.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

totaly agree with all your reasons for going, all the very best

ellen1
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate, keep us posted!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:18 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes.

Well I had to make it 150 posts - 149 is not a very round number is it?

Andy

Originally posted by steandleigh
Good luck mate, keep us posted!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:25 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not better or worse - just different, and that's what it's all about.
Andy
This should the be mantra everyone on this site recites before they go to bed....

"It's not better or worse - just different"

The most intelligent words spoken here for a long time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.