Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last Message until we arrive in Perth

Last Message until we arrive in Perth

Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Talking Last Message until we arrive in Perth

Well this is it, last 2 weeks of madness and we are off.
Shipping with Excess Baggage on 19th, we have signed contract for sale of house leaving 22nd, then a few days with relatives, then flying direct to Perth with Emirates on 26th arrive Perth 27th.
Still having leaving do's. Kids still don't want to go. Bought motherinlaw flight ticket to come out for xmas (eases hubbies guilt trip) - hopefully we will hav somewhere to live by then!
Staying with Poms in perth for 5 weeks - will be busy house hunting etc etc etc!
Reckon I may just start to unwind around Nov/Dec time, then Ill be caught up in the madness of Christmas and motherinlaws stay.
Starting to wonder if this new life/new lifestyle is going to kill me before I have had time to enjoy it.
I just hope our life is everything we hope for - certainly going to give it our best shot.
Thanks to everyone who has provided their useful hints/tips/tales/ on here, it has been a great source of help during the 2 years of waiting and the humour is great too!
For those still on this journey - I wish you lots of luck and a great deal of patience.
For those on there way or already in Perth - see you soon!
Best Wishes The Richards Family x
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:11 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Message until we arrive in Perth

Originally Posted by johnkay
Shipping with Excess Baggage on 19th, we have signed contract for sale of house leaving 22nd, then a few days with relatives, then flying direct to Perth with Emirates on 26th arrive Perth 27th.
Still having leaving do's. Kids still don't want to go. Bought motherinlaw flight ticket to come out for xmas (eases hubbies guilt trip) - hopefully we will hav somewhere to live by then!
Staying with Poms in perth for 5 weeks - will be busy house hunting etc etc etc!
Reckon I may just start to unwind around Nov/Dec time, then Ill be caught up in the madness of Christmas and motherinlaws stay.
Starting to wonder if this new life/new lifestyle is going to kill me before I have had time to enjoy it.
I just hope our life is everything we hope for - certainly going to give it our best shot.
Thanks to everyone who has provided their useful hints/tips/tales/ on here, it has been a great source of help during the 2 years of waiting and the humour is great too!
For those still on this journey - I wish you lots of luck and a great deal of patience.

Good Luck

Kris
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

The very best of luck for your new life down under
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:20 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

See you there soon 1 month today and we are off!

Best of luck with the move, let us know how you are after a few weeks in.

Margie
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Good luck and see you there.
Similarly we complete 3rd Aug, removers start 28th July, flying to Perth 15th Aug, house contents scheduled to arrive Perth 8th Sep
Sad to leave our family of grown up kids behind but daughter and hubby have booked their flights for Xmas with us!

Have a good trip John & Kay
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Good Luck

Kris
sending you some Karma

good luck
Tara
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road

good luck to the richards family -- we also fly with emirates to perth on 26th arriving 27th!!!! -- I have followed previous threads of yours as you always seemed to about a month further on than us so it was always a good tip if you had things moving for you we would soon follow -- where in perth will you be staying ? would be nice to meet up with same day arrivals

sheila
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:49 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:57 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

All the best with your move. We're in Joondalup, perhaps we'll meet up 4 a drink soon.

Take care, and good luck in Perth, its a cool place.

Cheers Paul
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:04 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck!
Keep us posted on how it's all going.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:25 pm
Get me out of here!!

Jules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the roughJules&Steve is a jewel in the rough

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL Of YOU WITH YOUR NEW LIVES. AM SURE IT WILL BE JUST PERFECT AND YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WONDER WHY YOU DIDN'T DO IT YEARS AGO!!

ENJOY IT ALL, YOU LUCKY PEOPLE CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE OUR TURN!!

Jules x