Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At Last Good News

At Last Good News

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:31 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Thumbs up At Last Good News

Just got call from agent saying TRA has come back positive.Its good news as im being made redundant end september.My Brother in law is sponsering us so hopefully things will speed up a litle.Just one thing to ask everyone?Does it get easier after the hassle of getting the TRA done???
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:38 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At Last Good News

Congratulations on the TRA.

Yes, the papaerwork is easier after the TRA but no, the waiting gets harder and harder the closer it gets to getting a case officer (she says biting her nails to the quick

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Just got call from agent saying TRA has come back positive.Its good news as im being made redundant end september.My Brother in law is sponsering us so hopefully things will speed up a litle.Just one thing to ask everyone?Does it get easier after the hassle of getting the TRA done???
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:41 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Weasy
Congratulations on the TRA.

Yes, the papaerwork is easier after the TRA but no, the waiting gets harder and harder the closer it gets to getting a case officer (she says biting her nails to the quick

Lou
xx
To be honest with whats going on with me losing job we are thinking about going out to oz and completing from there if possible
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:44 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Congratulations with you TRA !!

But Id say the waiting is a nightmare too. My visa was accepted 4 months and 9 days ago. Not like Im counting or anything

I really want to know by Christmas day, fingers crossed ay !!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:49 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. there are ways of doing that. You would have the expense of going to New Zealand or somewhere to get your visa though as the sponsored visas are offshore and you wouldn't be able to work unless you're young enough to go on a working holiday visa (I think).

Lou
xx

To be honest with whats going on with me losing job we are thinking about going out to oz and completing from there if possible
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!

If your brother in law is sponsoring you does that mean you are going on a 138? If that is the case based on recent visas being granted in that category you will probably be looking at about 9 months. We put our 138 application in at the beginning of February and have just had our request for the assurance of support on Friday.

I'm not sure that you would be able to apply from Aus for a 138 - as far as I know it's an offshore visa, so you couldn't apply from within the country. Are you using an agent? It might be worth speaking to one just to look at what your options are - some will give you an initial consultation over the phone for free.

Once you've got your application in it will get easier, but then you have the waiting! Loads of people go through the process though, and come out smiling at the other end!

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck with it all.