Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last evening of cuddles with my dogs.

Last evening of cuddles with my dogs.

Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: Last evening of cuddles with my dogs.

God! I know exactly how you are feeling about your dogs, back in 2003 we sent out dog off 4 days before we were due to fly, he's so soppy I wondered how he would cope, I didn't really miss him until after 2 weeks once all the main running around was done, we visited him a few times, he was doing ok, and on the day we picked him up he went mad, for about a week he wouldn't leave my side, even now he likes to know where we are and in October this year im putting him in kennels again for 3 weeks, as going back to UK for a holiday, I hate the idea, but at least he's safe and I know he will get over it.

good luck everyone and don't worry

yve
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Off to take them both to Golden Arrow tomorrow morning, in readiness for their flight out to Perth on Sunday.

I'm sure they know that something is afoot as they both keep climbing onto the settee for a cuddle, something which they are not normally allowed to do and don't usually even asked to come up. I bought them some nice chewy presents today I do feel a bit easier knowing that Terry is now going to be out there before they come out of quarantine, so at least they won't feel completely abandoned as they were going to go to my sister's but she has only met them once, years ago.

Bye bye my Hollie and Meg. Have a safe flight and I will miss you
They will be fine Anne. My dog and cat went with Golden Arrow (they were brilliant). I pick them up from Perth quarantine tomorrow - I can't wait. We have been to visit them and they both look happy and healthy and the staff there are very good. I was dreading going to visit them the first time, knowing that I had to walk out and leave them there again, but I was pleasantly surprised. The runs are quite a nice size and they keep them really clean and the dogs get taken outside for a run regularly.

Kim
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
H6: what are those egg things about are they the new tickers? ADL will be pleased
hehehe...

Mrs JTL
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by abergas
God! I know exactly how you are feeling about your dogs, back in 2003 we sent out dog off 4 days before we were due to fly, he's so soppy I wondered how he would cope, I didn't really miss him until after 2 weeks once all the main running around was done, we visited him a few times, he was doing ok, and on the day we picked him up he went mad, for about a week he wouldn't leave my side, even now he likes to know where we are and in October this year im putting him in kennels again for 3 weeks, as going back to UK for a holiday, I hate the idea, but at least he's safe and I know he will get over it.

good luck everyone and don't worry

yve
Our dog is coming out in 2 weeks, we can't decide whether to visit him or not. Are you glad you went to see him in quarantine or was it more distressing for them seeing you come and go?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:27 am

gedge has disabled reputation

A doggy joke to cheer up those missing their 4 legged friends?

A man takes his dog to the vet and says to him,
"My dog's cross-eyed. Is there anything you can do for him?"
"Well," say the vet, "Let's have a look at him."
So he picks the dog up and has a good look at its eyes.
After pausing for a while to think, the vet says,
"I'm going to have to put him down."

"What just because he's cross-eyed?" exclaims the bloke.

"No," replies the vet, "Because he's heavy."
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james the cat
Our dog is coming out in 2 weeks, we can't decide whether to visit him or not. Are you glad you went to see him in quarantine or was it more distressing for them seeing you come and go?
No no you should def visit them. We brought 2 cats over & I felt same as you but went to see them a few times in the end. They just seemed relieved to know we hadn't abandoned them & once we came back the 2nd time they got the hang of it, first time they were bit sulky but 2nd time they were back to normal! In the end they didn't want to leave, we had to get a ladder in the kennel to get them down from the climbing frame the kennels provided!!! They get well looked after & very well fed!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:57 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to take them both to Golden Arrow tomorrow morning, in readiness for their flight out to Perth on Sunday.

I'm sure they know that something is afoot as they both keep climbing onto the settee for a cuddle, something which they are not normally allowed to do and don't usually even asked to come up. I bought them some nice chewy presents today I do feel a bit easier knowing that Terry is now going to be out there before they come out of quarantine, so at least they won't feel completely abandoned as they were going to go to my sister's but she has only met them once, years ago.

Safe journey to them, Anne, and some good flight karma via you. You reassured me when ours went - now it's my turn to do that for you. They'll be fine - ours were so well looked after at Byford and came out in great condition. They love it here and are adjusting very well to the climate. Mishka has turned into something of a sun-worshipper - when he's allowed.

You'll be back with them before you know it.

Lotsa love, and a big (((((hug))))) for you too.

Sue
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by james the cat

I was pleased we went to see him, we gave him lots of hugs and treats, he used to watch us from his kennel when we left, which was sad, but the 30 days goes quickly with all the things that have to be done, the only thing that upset us was that they don't exercise dogs who are in for 30 days they stay in the kennel, we were told to be careful with him as he might be stiff in the hips and his feet were sore, for being on concrete the whole time. It was good we found that out the day we picked him Not sure if things have changed since them!

Yve
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:14 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Well we had a good drive up to Golden Arrow yesterday, nearly four hours but the dogs coped ok. Chris, his wife and Steve were all lovely. The grounds where they are are beautiful and very extensive. All the other dogs that we saw seemed quited happy and Chris's wife (can't remember her name) knew exactly who all the dogs were and where they were going to without having to look it up or anything. The kennels and the runs were lovely and clean. We took Hollie and Meg for a good run in the paddock and then took them round to their kennel.

Now I am a Cancerian, and true to form I put on my hard outer shell so that nothing would hurt me. It took me forever to drag Terry and Alex out of the kennel, they kept on wanted to give the dogs one last goodbye hug. We all trundled back to the car, me chatting to Chris's wife, and Terry and Alex both crying! Men

Bit strange getting up this morning and them not greeting me
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Well we had a good drive up to Golden Arrow yesterday, nearly four hours but the dogs coped ok. Chris, his wife and Steve were all lovely. The grounds where they are are beautiful and very extensive. All the other dogs that we saw seemed quited happy and Chris's wife (can't remember her name) knew exactly who all the dogs were and where they were going to without having to look it up or anything. The kennels and the runs were lovely and clean. We took Hollie and Meg for a good run in the paddock and then took them round to their kennel.

Now I am a Cancerian, and true to form I put on my hard outer shell so that nothing would hurt me. It took me forever to drag Terry and Alex out of the kennel, they kept on wanted to give the dogs one last goodbye hug. We all trundled back to the car, me chatting to Chris's wife, and Terry and Alex both crying! Men

Hi Ann, glad to hear it went well and that your dogs will be well looked after. Just think the next time you will see them it will be in Oz and will definitely be worth all the heartache you have had to go through.
Jox
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:27 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hunny, just read this one, BIG hugs coming to you, they will be fine but they leave a huge void in your life when they are away on their trollies. I broke my heart handing over my cat to fly back to the UK. It still makes me cry thinking about it now
Old Jan 12th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

micha is an unknown quantity at this point

ANNE,
COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT COST TO TAKE THE DOGS, I HAVE 1 SMALL TERRIER THAT I COULDNT LEAVE COS I LOVE HER SO MUCHHHH. DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THIS GOLDEN ARROW? HOW LONG WILL THE DOG S BE IN QUARATINE IN OZ ONCE THEY ARRIVE.
MICHA
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:19 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by micha
ANNE,
COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT COST TO TAKE THE DOGS, I HAVE 1 SMALL TERRIER THAT I COULDNT LEAVE COS I LOVE HER SO MUCHHHH. DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THIS GOLDEN ARROW? HOW LONG WILL THE DOG S BE IN QUARATINE IN OZ ONCE THEY ARRIVE.
MICHA
It has cost us £3250 plus quarantine costs which are about £800 for the both of them. They go on size of animal so your dog should be a lot less to ship. They will need to be in quarantine for 30 over in Australia.

I don't know how far along the process you are but you must make sure that your dog does not have her lepto jab if she is due for any boosters.

Golden Arrow do not have a web address or email address as they put their efforts into looking after the animals rather than spending time being taught modern day technology

The number is 01588 680240 and they are based in Shropshire.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

JayJay 88 will become famous soon enough

Best of luck Anne - I'm dreading the time when we put our two jack russells on the flight. Best of luck in Oz, look forward to hearing how you get on.

Jayne
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

micha is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Last evening of cuddles with my dogs.

It has cost us £3250 plus quarantine costs which are about £800 for the both of them. They go on size of animal so your dog should be a lot less to ship. They will need to be in quarantine for 30 over in Australia.

I don't know how far along the process you are but you must make sure that your dog does not have her lepto jab if she is due for any boosters.

Golden Arrow do not have a web address or email address as they put their efforts into looking after the animals rather than spending time being taught modern day technology

The number is 01588 680240 and they are based in Shropshire.

cheers Anne - thanks for the info do you have your visa yet?
if so where are you going in oz?

micha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.