Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last day at work today- off to Taree, NSW.

last day at work today- off to Taree, NSW.

Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

ew502 will become famous soon enoughew502 will become famous soon enough
Cool last day at work today- off to Taree, NSW.

Hi All, feeling very strange today, last day, but still doesn't seem real. Going to mid north coast, nsw on a rsms visa, fly on 20th April, vey excited but just to make things more complicated going to Morrocco on Thrusday for 10 days, competing in the marathon des sables or the death march as my beloved calls it. Fly back on the 17th and 2 and half days later...off we go.

We're all packed and at least I don't have lots of time to think about saying bye to family, its silly really, will be back in a year for my sisters wedding.

If anyone around that area, would be nice to know what you think of it. We've driven through and been to Forster, which I liked, but holidaying so different to living. I know Arkon hates it, but it can't be that bad...can it????

Cheers
Esher
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: last day at work today- off to Taree, NSW.

Originally Posted by ew502
Hi All, feeling very strange today, last day, but still doesn't seem real. Going to mid north coast, nsw on a rsms visa, fly on 20th April, vey excited but just to make things more complicated going to Morrocco on Thrusday for 10 days, competing in the marathon des sables or the death march as my beloved calls it. Fly back on the 17th and 2 and half days later...off we go.

We're all packed and at least I don't have lots of time to think about saying bye to family, its silly really, will be back in a year for my sisters wedding.

If anyone around that area, would be nice to know what you think of it. We've driven through and been to Forster, which I liked, but holidaying so different to living. I know Arkon hates it, but it can't be that bad...can it????

Cheers
Esher
Good luck with the marathon and all the very best for your new life down under!

Sharon x x x
Enjoy
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Esher
Wishing you all the very best, what an exciting time you have got to look forward to, good luck with the marathon.
Denise
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Esher
Best of luck to you, my sons future in laws have a great place at taree we stayed there last new year and loved it my son will be having his wedding there in November he lives in Sydney but they are having the reception at her parents farm we should be in oz by then if we get our visa in time otherwise we will have to come back after the wedding hope you have a good time in Morocco best wishes
Janet
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:23 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Esher
When we lived in Port Macquarie, I worked with a guy from Taree. He slagged the place off - but then again, alot of people are cynical about their home towns.

Never went there, but as you must know the area is beautiful. Like Arkon, Mrs Lapthorn didn't like the feeling of being in the sticks, but I loved living in the region.

Can't comment on Taree through my own eyes, but Port Macquarie and surrounds would be where I would settle on the mid to north NSW coast. Nothing's forever, and if you're not happy there, look elsewhere.

Good luck.