Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last day at work

Last day at work

Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:29 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Last day at work

What a strange feeling it is sat here at work knowing that this is my last day here.
After living in the same area all my life and working for the same company since leaving school its going to be one hell of a change going to Brisbane on Tuesday. Although feeling a little nervous, I am (and hopefully the wife and kids are) looking forward to the challenge and excitement of our new life ahead of us.
Our journey on this path started about 3 years ago and now it is about to come to an end as we head off into the unknown for a new adventure - how will it go? Only time will tell, but as people say you only live once.
Goodluck to all those still in the visa process and a soon to be hello to those of you in Oz.

Ian
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last day at work

Best of luck to you and the family for your move down under.

Ann
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:00 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by frogboy
What a strange feeling it is sat here at work knowing that this is my last day here.
After living in the same area all my life and working for the same company since leaving school its going to be one hell of a change going to Brisbane on Tuesday. Although feeling a little nervous, I am (and hopefully the wife and kids are) looking forward to the challenge and excitement of our new life ahead of us.
Our journey on this path started about 3 years ago and now it is about to come to an end as we head off into the unknown for a new adventure - how will it go? Only time will tell, but as people say you only live once.
Goodluck to all those still in the visa process and a soon to be hello to those of you in Oz.

Ian
I am in a very similar position to you. I handed my notice in on Monday, finish in 3 weeks. Been here 9 years now and can't wait to get out. We will be in Oz at the end of October.
Our journey started about the same time as you too, possibly a little later. It is only closing one chapter though, a new one starting with a trip round in a camper for us.
Good luck with your new life. Ian
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Genie
I am in a very similar position to you. I handed my notice in on Monday, finish in 3 weeks. Been here 9 years now and can't wait to get out. We will be in Oz at the end of October.
Our journey started about the same time as you too, possibly a little later. It is only closing one chapter though, a new one starting with a trip round in a camper for us.
Good luck with your new life. Ian
Good luck with everything hope u have a smooth flight and dont worry about your staple diet youll be fine BIG DADS PIES there everywhere
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:42 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by raven
dont worry about your staple diet youll be fine BIG DADS PIES there everywhere
I assume thats a reference to my wigan roots Anything will be ok as long as I have a nice cool stubby to wash it down
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

I assume thats a reference to my wigan roots Anything will be ok as long as I have a nice cool stubby to wash it down
I thought u would appreciate that being quite close to u geog wise . Iwas hoping u would take it the right way Not long now and we will both be able to sit on the beach drinking Crown beer with Bundy chasers to wash it down
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:30 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Ian
Wish it was my last day at work!! you lucky bugger!! Good luck with your new adventure. Pete
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:40 pm
bev
Forum Regular

bev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Last day at work

Ian
Good luck hope to be heading your way in not to distant future.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:51 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck, Hope your adventure is exciting and the best thing you'll ever do.
Andrea
xx
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck to you and your family you lucky bu**ers I hope that we can post the same very soon and join the many heading for Brisbane. Have a safe and pleasant journey.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:32 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to you, It will be the kids last day at school and OH last day at work 2 weeks today - its the horrible bit for us now isn't it? None of us want to be here and the next two weeks will fly but be the hardest.

Hope you have a really great last few days and really make the most of them, you will remember them forever!

Will probably see you in North Lakes in a few weeks, have a safe journey
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:33 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
You are going to do well. Have faith in your decisions and really go for it Chum!
Old Sep 30th 2006, 12:41 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Ian
It was my last day at work yesterday too... strange feeling to think I'll probably never see any of my work mates again! Maybe a couple will come and visit us in Oz...

Good luck for Tuesday - we fly out on the 25th October. Heading for Caloundra...

Sonic & chopper boy