Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At last...Court case won!

At last...Court case won!

Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:28 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default At last...Court case won!

For those with children from previous relationships (a very brief summary)...
My ex refused to "give permission" for me to take our daughter to Australia even though there had been no contact for 4 years by their choice (not the childs or mine). Basis of objection was that if they wanted contact, it wouldn't be a problem in UK. In Court this turned into it all being my fault and preventing contact.
10 months and £11k later, I have won the Court case and my application for Australia is now back on track!
Extremely relieved and looking forward to starting a new life! Worries about obtaining the visa itself pale in comparison compared to what I have just been through!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hope that it all works out for you Andrew.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic news for you and your family. It takes some determination and guts to go through what you have been through. I wish you all the best for a happy, stress free application and life.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: At last...Court case won!

Originally posted by andrew63
My ex refused to "give permission" for me to take our daughter to Australia even though there had been no contact for 4 years by their choice (not the childs or mine). Basis of objection was that if they wanted contact, it wouldn't be a problem in UK. In Court this turned into it all being my fault and preventing contact.
10 months and £11k later, I have won the Court case and my application for Australia is now back on track!
Extremely relieved and looking forward to starting a new life! Worries about obtaining the visa itself pale in comparison compared to what I have just been through!
Brillaint news mate, hope all goes well with the visa application, and that you and your family have a great "new" life

Take Care
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:07 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

good stuff

first time I have read of a father (I am presuming by your user name)getting a fair go under the current family law.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

ginni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats

Well done! Totally agree that anything after court battles is a piece of cake.

I got my permission but hubby is still awaiting his final hearing. Its amazing isn't it - the absent parent suddenly remembers they have children when it suits them.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited by ginni; Jun 16th 2004 at 2:58 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

ginni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PM

Andrew

Have sent you a PM.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:08 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Can share your elation - we won our case a few weeks ago. Like you cost us an arm and a leg £14k including a trip to Perth and Sydney to proove we had done our homework!!

Where are ya off to?

We sold the house last week and are off to Perth in 7 weeks.

Good luck

Laura
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

an inspiration to all us fathers who are in the same predicament.
Congratulations, were you able to get the court costs back if you won?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

It's about time this antiquated justice system of ours recognised fathers rights - good on ya Andrew
Old Jun 20th 2004, 7:20 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks all!

Thanks for all your kind comments. Sorry for the late response, in China last week and web access there is somewhat difficult!
Anyway:
Laura = Brisbane
Trainee_Pilot = I wish! Even though my ex had no case to present, she used Legal Aid and you cannot claim back costs from Legal Aid. If she had "paid" for her objection then if I won I would have got costs back but as she knew from day one (the judge and even her own barrister advised her) that she would not win. Of course you guys (tax payers) paid for her Legal Aid! Ridiculous!
The English justice system is an absolute joke!

Enough ranting, I had to bite my tongue and accept that I have to pay for my ex to come to "visit" my daughter once a year but fortunately that is an "agreement" and not a Court Order. It is up to me to select flighths and accommodation. Geruda airlines will be my no.1 follwed by Iraq Air. Accommodation will be atent in the outback so please tell me where the best place is to find the worst spiders and snakes for her. She will probabaly not mind as she may be related!

Anyway, I am happy. Really happy. So is my daughter, the rest of my family and friends.

Andrew
Old Jun 20th 2004, 7:34 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Thanks all!

Thanks for all your kind comments. Sorry for the late response, in China last week and web access there is somewhat difficult!
Anyway:
Laura = Brisbane
Trainee_Pilot = I wish! Even though my ex had no case to present, she used Legal Aid and you cannot claim back costs from Legal Aid. If she had "paid" for her objection then if I won I would have got costs back but as she knew from day one (the judge and even her own barrister advised her) that she would not win. Of course you guys (tax payers) paid for her Legal Aid! Ridiculous!
The English justice system is an absolute joke!

Enough ranting, I had to bite my tongue and accept that I have to pay for my ex to come to "visit" my daughter once a year but fortunately that is an "agreement" and not a Court Order. It is up to me to select flighths and accommodation. Geruda airlines will be my no.1 follwed by Iraq Air. Accommodation will be atent in the outback so please tell me where the best place is to find the worst spiders and snakes for her. She will probabaly not mind as she may be related!

Anyway, I am happy. Really happy. So is my daughter, the rest of my family and friends.

Andrew

Well done Andrew, can't imagine any sane mother putting their daughter through that. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking it out and making your daughter happy.
Good luck with the application.

Jill and Warren