Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all

At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:04 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all

Yeesssssss! Finally here and settled as is the dog. After a cold start, we are now into the mid 20's - 27 I think and its sunny, hot and nice. And yes, I got internet already... Company called unwired..works pretty nice.

We will be moving into our new house on the 11th, rented of course, but at least we get to keep the dog indoors if needs be.

So a big hello to all that helped. Life is definitely more interesting on this side of the world.

More to come....

Andy and Sam
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all

Originally Posted by Sam&Andy
Yeesssssss! Finally here and settled as is the dog. After a cold start, we are now into the mid 20's - 27 I think and its sunny, hot and nice. And yes, I got internet already... Company called unwired..works pretty nice.

We will be moving into our new house on the 11th, rented of course, but at least we get to keep the dog indoors if needs be.

So a big hello to all that helped. Life is definitely more interesting on this side of the world.

More to come....

Andy and Sam
Sam & Andy
Hope that it all goes well for you.

Keep us updated.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:22 am
Just Joined

astone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam&Andy

More to come....

Andy and Sam
Andy and Sam,
Glad you have settled in.
Where abouts in Sydney are you?
We are arrriving onthe 4th Oct at last!!We have had a grotty couple of months, sale of house falling through, dog failing first lot of blood tests and now a piece of land we were hoping to make abit of money on has failed planning permission so is worth nothing( serves us right for trying to get abit extra). But hey we are all fit and relatively sane.
Was it hard to find somewhere to rent with a dog?
WE have booked into a hotel for 2 nights and then are moving into holiday accomodation in Terrigal while we look around there for rental.
Astone
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:08 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all

many thanks for replying debsy and astone.

We are living in Greenacre at the moment, but will be moving to Georges Hall, not far from Condell park and Bankstown Airport.

We looked at some rental properties in and around those areas and was shocked to see the state of them, naturally all other properties were nice. They were asking silly money for the rent.

We found a house just round the corner from my sister-in-law and it was the last house we would look at due to the cost, $350 a week, but such a nice house, fully refurbed, nice polished wooden floors and we can let the dog in. We just got lucky with that one.

As for Vets, blood tests - let me guess they vacinated your dog with lepto before the tests???? or was there some other problem. Thankfully our vets did well as did Jacob, he past ok and got here a week before we did.

Business class for us, Boeing 777 from Manchester to Singapore and a rather freezing cold Jumbo to Sydney..had a bad back for days.

We managed to get a car, a rather large Ford Falcon wagon (estate to us pommies). All 4 litres of it (engine that is), biggest I had in the UK was a 2 litre hdi peugeot 406 estate.

Our house hold goods arrive on the 15th oct, so we should be all set. Both myself and Sam have had interviews, sadly I didnt get the job, but still looking

Its nice to be here and to live, granted there are certian things which have got up my nose, like having to wait for this as I haventbeen here that long - namely medicare, Drivers license . Good old RTA wanted everything and above a signed letter from God. Getting a Bank account was so easy, and I have to say so much more easier than dealing with the HSBC, they screwed up bigtime, needless to say, I had a ranting session with some stupid women on the phone, who didnt seem to realise that its a bloody long way from Warrington UK to Sydney. What kind of people do they employ - HalfWitts!!!

Anyway apart from the habitual hangovers and good food, decent sized steaks, pokie machines, AFL, Cricket and crappy Daytime tv, all is going swimingly well, I just hope all goes well for yourselves.

If anyone is wanting to get on the internet and you live in the Sydney area, try looking at www.unwired.com.au works very well and easy to setup, well apart from this laptop..a Curry's special methinks.

So in good Aussie style

G'Day mate
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:29 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

some photos,for you all, not the best of piccies, so here goes

first one was taken not far from the Blow Hole in Kiama and the second unflattering piccy of my Bus.
Attached Thumbnails At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all-kiama-spring.jpg   At last the Barrows are here!! Dog an all-thebeast.jpg