British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The last Banana off to see his bunch ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/last-banana-off-see-his-bunch-251317/)

Go Banana's !! Aug 27th 2004 1:21 pm

The last Banana off to see his bunch !

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've booked my flight for Weds 27th October 2004 !!! :D

And the best bit is THAT IT ISN'T COSTING ME ANYTHING !! (other than the airport taxes).

Yep, thats right FREE, de nada, diddly squat !!

A few years ago I used to work in Holland and flew every week with KLM, thus aquiring loads of airmiles. I'd spent some but forgotten how many I had left. So I thought I'd ring on the off chance I might get an upgrade or something ,but then they said the number of air miles to Perth, flying from Humberside Airport to Schipol, Schipol to Kuala Lumpa, Kuala Lumpa to Perth is 60,000 miles and I had 65,000.

You could have knocked me down with a feather ! The Flying Dutchman office just needs to receive the confirmation from their code share airline, Malaysian Airlines, but that should be a formality as they were showing availability. I should know for definate in the next week. Anyway, flights to Perth around that day are approx £400 with Singapore airlines if anyone else is looking at the mo.

I've just rang Jill to tell her so I'll be over in time for our anniversay on 2nd November. ;)

This is all sunject to the house going through but this looks like it isn't going to be a problem.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth in 9 weeks and counting ! :scared:

Grayling Aug 27th 2004 1:27 pm

Re: The last Banana off to see his bunch !

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've booked my flight for Weds 27th October 2004 !!! :D

And the best bit is THAT IT ISN'T COSTING ME ANYTHING !! (other than the airport taxes).

A few years ago I used to work in Holland and flew every week with KLM, thus aquiring loads of airmiles. I'd spent some but forgotten how many I had left. So I thought I'd ring on the off chance I might get an upgrade or something ,but then they said the number of air miles to Perth, flying from Humberside Airport to Schipol, Schipol to Kuala Lumpa, Kuala Lumpa to Perth is 60,000 miles and I had 65,000.

You could have knocked me down with a feather ! The Flying Dutchman office just needs to receive the confirmation from their code share airline, Malaysian Airlines, but that should be a formality as they were showing availability. I should know for definate in the next week. Anyway, flights to Perth around that day are approx £400 with Singapore airlines if anyone else is looking at the mo.

I've just rang Jill to tell her so I'll be over in time for our anniversay on 2nd November. ;)

This is all sunject to the house going through but this looks like it isn't going to be a problem.

Best wishes

Warren

Good news then Warren.

Hope it all goes smoothly now.

Best wishes :)

G

Teresa Aug 27th 2004 1:28 pm

Best wishes

Warren

Fab news, we will all meet at last!!!! don't forget the Gymboree stuff :D

Teresa

johanne Aug 27th 2004 1:31 pm

[QUOTE=Go Banana's !!]Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've booked my flight for Weds 27th October 2004 !!! :D

Brilliant news eh !! hope the house sale goes thru smoothly for you bet you cant wait to get back can you? :beer:

Go Banana's !! Aug 27th 2004 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Swifts
Fab news, we will all meet at last!!!! don't forget the Gymboree stuff :D

Teresa

Flippin Gymboree stuff !! Spent 30 mins on the phone with Jill talking me through the website this morning and printing off all the collections ! I will be going to the Harrogate one on Sundday and the Bluewater shop on Thursday night to see what I can get.

I must be mad ! :rolleyes:

See you soon

Warren

Teresa Aug 27th 2004 1:32 pm

Flippin Gymboree stuff !! Spent 30 mins on the phone with Jill talking me through the website this morning and printing off all the collections ! I will be going to the Harrogate one on Sundday and the Bluewater shop on Thursday night to see what I can get.

See you soon

Warren

ohhh and while you are there......don't worry only joking!!! :D

mysnix Aug 27th 2004 1:39 pm

Fantastic news Warren.

:D :D

Vegemite Kids Aug 27th 2004 1:49 pm

Best wishes

Warren

wanna upgrade ??????

I have 105k miles that I just cant spend. If its possible to transfer, you are more than welcome to have them.

Anything to get you to Perth and make Jill happy :D !!!!!

Go Banana's !! Aug 27th 2004 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
wanna upgrade ??????

I have 105k miles that I just cant spend. If its possible to transfer, you are more than welcome to have them.

Anything to get you to Perth and make Jill happy :D !!!!!

Thanks, I'd love to take them off your hands but they're not transferrable unfortunately.

Warren

debio Aug 27th 2004 1:56 pm

Hooray-brill news and not a penny outta your pocket-that's gotta be good news.
At last the tide has turned and your on your way :)

nosuchluck Aug 27th 2004 2:10 pm

what wonderful news Warren and how lovely that you remembered your anniversary date!
got all our bits crossed here for you and Jill
hugs
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxxx

Siren & Brian Aug 27th 2004 2:28 pm

Great news Warren!! I'm so pleased for you all. Can't wait to meet the other banana...even if you can't be in the fruit and veg club! LOL

(Don't worry... I only let Brian talk about it anyway...hahahah)

Siren

sjn2003 Aug 27th 2004 3:40 pm

Nice one Warren !!!

Nine weeks will fly by - at least you have a date on the calendar to aim for. Must be such a great feeling :) Perth should be warming up nicely by then as well :cool:

Vegemite Kids Aug 27th 2004 3:42 pm

Thanks, I'd love to take them off your hands but they're not transferrable unfortunately.

Warren

Bummer !!!!!! :D

teach Aug 27th 2004 4:18 pm

See you soon

Warren

Ah but it will give you a quieter life Warren. Excellent news that you have your date to go and see your girls. I've a feeling that the airport will suddenly become very roudy when your flight lands. Have a few :beer: tonight to celebrate.
Best Wishes
Sarah.
PS Jill, I hope you still find the time to keep your diary going after Warren joins you. Not the first month or so obviously, after that I'm sure you will have caught up, wink, wink.