British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   At last!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/last-559456/)

fartso Sep 4th 2008 1:00 pm

At last!!!

Dear Comrades of B.E.

Today we got our Visa's.

All confirmed and entry date 27/02/2009. It feels strange,butterflies and all.:thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone.:eek::regular_smile:

jonese19 Sep 4th 2008 1:04 pm

Re: At last!!!

WOW congrats!! What does it feel like, im already nervous got medicals tommorow!!

When did you lodge? We are hopefully lodging next week, my dad already has a job just waiting to send it all off! He has his ENS confirmed last week so its all go!

Em

fartso Sep 4th 2008 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by jonese19 (Post 6748175)
WOW congrats!! What does it feel like, im already nervous got medicals tommorow!!

When did you lodge? We are hopefully lodging next week, my dad already has a job just waiting to send it all off! He has his ENS confirmed last week so its all go!

Em

We started in 2006 and submitted all final docs on Jan this year, so 9 months to get answer.

It feels crazy at mo!

Good luck for you.

jonese19 Sep 4th 2008 1:13 pm

Cool sounds exciting, our agency have told us we could be out before christmas! We started in Oct 2007 and its just gone so quick so far! Just medicals rattling me at the min

Good Luck anyway

Em

BethandAndrew Sep 4th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by fartso (Post 6748159)
Dear Comrades of B.E.

Today we got our Visa's.

All confirmed and entry date 27/02/2009. It feels strange,butterflies and all.:thumbsup:

Good luck to everyone.:eek::regular_smile:

CONGRATS!!!!! :thumbsup:

Beth x x :wub:

jam76 Sep 4th 2008 8:50 pm

Medicals!

Me and missus are in our early 30's yet I still had my anxiety attacks over them! We had them on Monday gone. I was worried sick about my BP, as i had a spell of high BP 5 years ago and so with the usual white coat syndrome I thought i'd be told to get a cardiologist's report if it was repeatedly 140/90.
It ended up being 130/80 (probably 126/75 if I wasn't so anxious!).

So was well pleased to pass that and the rest of the tests were a doddle until.....

X-Ray (something I never ever thought I could fail). 24 hours after we had them done, they called me and told me they found a shadow...i thought sh*t there go the visa's and our dreams. I should have been thinking about my health more than the visa! lol! anyways it all had a happy ending as i went back that same morning they gave me the results and had a x-ray from a differing angle and low and behold, the shadow had gone. i can't tell you what a sigh of relief I gave when told (another 24 hour wait for the result however as the consultant radiologist who writes the reports was working back in the NHS that day!)

They will be sent tomorrow to join the rest of our application forms and to what im told the adelaide processing unit is processing 457 visa's within 7-10 working days! Coolio!

However we will probably go for PR when we're there so we will have to do the medicals all over again at some stage!

So to cut a long story short. Don't panic...everything will be fine but I'll wish you all the best non-the less mate. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by jonese19 (Post 6748204)
Cool sounds exciting, our agency have told us we could be out before christmas! We started in Oct 2007 and its just gone so quick so far! Just medicals rattling me at the min

Good Luck anyway

Em

UK-2-OZ Sep 5th 2008 1:27 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You must be very happy, where are you heading?:thumbsup:

stubbieholder31 Sep 5th 2008 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by jam76 (Post 6749705)
Medicals!

Me and missus are in our early 30's yet I still had my anxiety attacks over them! We had them on Monday gone. I was worried sick about my BP, as i had a spell of high BP 5 years ago and so with the usual white coat syndrome I thought i'd be told to get a cardiologist's report if it was repeatedly 140/90.
It ended up being 130/80 (probably 126/75 if I wasn't so anxious!).

So was well pleased to pass that and the rest of the tests were a doddle until.....

X-Ray (something I never ever thought I could fail). 24 hours after we had them done, they called me and told me they found a shadow...i thought sh*t there go the visa's and our dreams. I should have been thinking about my health more than the visa! lol! anyways it all had a happy ending as i went back that same morning they gave me the results and had a x-ray from a differing angle and low and behold, the shadow had gone. i can't tell you what a sigh of relief I gave when told (another 24 hour wait for the result however as the consultant radiologist who writes the reports was working back in the NHS that day!)

They will be sent tomorrow to join the rest of our application forms and to what im told the adelaide processing unit is processing 457 visa's within 7-10 working days! Coolio!

However we will probably go for PR when we're there so we will have to do the medicals all over again at some stage!

So to cut a long story short. Don't panic...everything will be fine but I'll wish you all the best non-the less mate. :thumbsup:

Hi, wouldn't bank on getting you're visa so quickly! We have been waiting 9 weeks and 2 days and still waiting. While some people do appear to receive theres pretty quick, I am proof that it's not always the case unfortunately.
All docs were sent off accordingly by our agent, no reason whatsoever for the delay, but told that its the way it goes.And just have to be patient!

Racht70 Sep 5th 2008 1:07 pm

Woop Woop Congrats and good luck :thumbsup:

swallowbride Sep 5th 2008 2:01 pm

well done great news!when did you put in your application for visa .also did you use an agent or do it online.
thanks us five
:thumbsup:

fartso Sep 5th 2008 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by swallowbride (Post 6752256)
well done great news!when did you put in your application for visa .also did you use an agent or do it online.
thanks us five
:thumbsup:

We used GO MATILDA and they were top class.

From submitting all docs in Jan this year, it has taken 9 months to get Visa's.

I do recommend them.

Good luck:thumbup:

BethandAndrew Sep 5th 2008 3:21 pm

We used 'Go Matilda' too :thumbsup:
Beth x x :wub:

swallowbride Sep 5th 2008 3:28 pm

we have submitted all our paperwork at beginning of july.how long after you sent in paperwork were you assigned a case officer?:thumbup:

jam76 Sep 5th 2008 6:44 pm

Hi,

Depends on what office your using. I have the feeling that more people use NSW/VIC and Queensland offices as thats were they are heading.

Unfortunately, Brisbane/Melbourne and Sydney are still the top destinations for emigrating.

Our medical agency told us they sent off an app for a 457 and and it was granted within a week from the office in SA.

Good luck to both of us anyways! :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31 (Post 6752061)
Hi, wouldn't bank on getting you're visa so quickly! We have been waiting 9 weeks and 2 days and still waiting. While some people do appear to receive theres pretty quick, I am proof that it's not always the case unfortunately.
All docs were sent off accordingly by our agent, no reason whatsoever for the delay, but told that its the way it goes.And just have to be patient!