in at last

Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:43 am
Just Joined

kieronjp3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in at last

Thanks to those who replied to my post a few weeks ago with words of encouragement. We were waiting on our 309 visa and getting crap off our case officer you wouldnt beleive. We ended up going round all our friends and getting 15 statements saying we were genuine and also got an assurance of support which we thpought may help the situation. I sent an email to my case officer asking her to delay a decision until she received above said evidence and paperwork. I received a reply immediately saying thanks for email but a letter was in the post. Myself and the missus thought this bad sign and were in a mess all week waiting for the letter but lo and behold, the bastards asked me to leave the country before thewy could grant the visa. We were a bit worried they would refuse me and then not let me back in but i was only in nz for three days and they granted the 309 and i was on my way back to sunny toowoomba. Happy days!!!!!
After all these months of worry we can finally get on with the future and have some fun again. Why did the bastards have to make it so hard? Im sure some genuine couples get turned down just because there not white collar and dont understand the importance these soulless buggers put on paperwork. Throughout the whole application nobody spoke to the missus and asked her any questions. Bizarre. Anyway people, unless you love a bit of paperwork and thrive on stress just get yourself a lawyer to do it for you. I wish we had but at the time thought the 5g lawyers were asking to be a little excessive.
Anyway i'd also like some info if anyone can help. Where would i stand in oz with regards getting credit. Would i be able to bring my past record with me and apply for credit cards, mobile phones, mortgage etc. or would i have to start all over? Any help appreciated greatly.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Kieron, congratulations! Its a fantastic feeling isn't it!

So you're in Toowoomba - nice part of Queensland; the Bloke is from Murgon area and all round there is his old stamping ground.
No-one asked him any questions while we were doing our pros Marriage visa- they said they could do it by phone if they had to talk to him, but I guess the pile of Stat Decs was enough.

As for the credit question, no you have to start again with a blank record (which may or may not be a good thing!). If you have bank statements and stuff they are useful, but don't count towards a record unfortunately. Just how easy it'll be to build up the history all over again I don't know, but I got my first building society account with only my passport to back me up, so thats a start. They told me a recent entry stamp (mine was only 3 weeks old and I was then on an ETA) meant it counted for the whole 100 points.
As for the phone - use my UK one, and just changed the SIM card - again with the passport as ID.