laptops help!

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 8:10 am
Just Joined

jennyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default laptops help!

Need laptop now in England now, want to take to Australia (visa willing), any advice!
computers not erotic femail dancers!
jenny
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

symzie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the power is the same, it will work in Australia if it works in UK
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

You will need a electricity plug converter for oz and a telephone plug converter but it should be ok.

if you buy in the uk seriously investigate getting a vat refund on departure.

not certain about after sales support in oz (they are different companies after all as you change country)

you should be able to pick up any email directed to your uk isp pop3 email address when downunder. your uk isp email collection and free webhosting may well work long after you leave britain (if you are on a payg account)

I found http://www.plus.net to have the best budget service for connecting may laptop in the UK at 9 quid /month

I have my own domain name that I direct Emails to ... if I'm in the UK I simply re-direct Emails to the UK ISP and vice versa in OZ.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its worth taking a few four way extension jobbies with you, that way you only have to change one plug rather than loads, ie printer, laptop etc. etc. also useful for hifi.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 9:56 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: laptops help!

Originally posted by jennyo
Need laptop now in England now, want to take to Australia (visa willing), any advice!
computers not erotic femail dancers!
jenny
Thousands of s/hand & new laptops on ebay, which is where this one came from.

www.ebay.co.uk

Saved nearly 500 pounds(have to spell it as this is US. spec one, whichout the pound symbol)
Will work fine in OZ with adaptors.

Good luck.