Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Laptop dilema (again)

Laptop dilema (again)

Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:11 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laptop dilema (again)

get a dell Dude.

IBM are good but expensive and they break too. Get Dell (ive had IBM for 10 yrs from work and got Dell personal !).
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:21 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Laptop dilema (again)

Originally Posted by fraser
Do I order the high spec £500 one from Tiny which will take up to 3 weeks to arrive and if anything is wrong with it on arrival I'll be buggered as it'll be really tight to get it sorted before I leave.

Do I get one from Dell, but not the Inspiron the more basic business latitude one
with no thrills but less chance of going wrong £539.

Do I get the Dell inspiron more thrills but If I make enough fuss will be able to get them to repair it in oz

Do I get a lower spec Fujitsu-seimans or Toshiba one that has a worldwide warranty

Please help I just can't make up my mind

Hi get the Sony from Sim city on your stop over in singapore...............you would have to be going that way .......you will save a huge amount with all the bells and whistles plus get the best warranty which is world wide
Martin
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi get the Sony from Sim city on your stop over in singapore...............you would have to be going that way .......you will save a huge amount with all the bells and whistles plus get the best warranty which is world wide
Martin

I'm not going through Singapore but Malaysia and not KL but Penang, so I'm not sure I'd like to gamble on getting a good deal there.

The Toshiba one is higher spec than the dell one and £42 cheaper, it also has the hassle free worldwide warranty
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:38 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going through Singapore but Malaysia and not KL but Penang, so I'm not sure I'd like to gamble on getting a good deal there.

The Toshiba one is higher spec than the dell one and £42 cheaper, it also has the hassle free worldwide warranty
Sounds like you made up your mind. But, I'd still say: GET THE DELL.

Had my Dell laptop now for four years, never had a problem. Also have a Dell desktop with no probs. MIL and SIL also have Dell computers with no probs.

Gina
(Husband works for Dell, but we bought Dell computers even before he worked there.)
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:45 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We got an inspiron earlier this year. Cant fault it one bit. The warranty covers use in Oz too (according to the salesman).
I would get that in writing from Dell if I were you. Never, ever trust a salesman's verbal promises.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:46 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Do I get a lower spec Fujitsu-seimans or Toshiba one that has a worldwide warranty
The spec and cost of buying the kit is much of a muchness but the cost of repair if you're not covered by warranty could be huge.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:49 am
What's happening dudes?

Nothing wrong with Toshiba laptops. If it's cheaper AND has the WW warranty, I'd say go for it.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:57 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Nothing wrong with Toshiba laptops. If it's cheaper AND has the WW warranty, I'd say go for it.
What do you know you told me to go for the tiny

But seriously Wayne you've come to the same conclusion as me it just seems to make sense.

That is unless Gina's old man can get me an attractive discount
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:04 am
What's happening dudes?

What do you know you told me to go for the tiny

But seriously Wayne you've come to the same conclusion as me it just seems to make sense.

That is unless Gina's old man can get me an attractive discount
Don't ask me, I know nowt. That's why I'm unemployed

If you can get an attractive discount, that makes all the difference too
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
Don't ask me, I know nowt. That's why I'm unemployed

If you can get an attractive discount, that makes all the difference too
To be honest mate my brain will be so much mush by the end of the week, I probably wont be able to operate one.

We've been booking the shippers(pss) sorting out alternative insurance, trying to sort out the utilities all this and the kids are running riot
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:10 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep. no probs with Dell laptop and also bought a Dell desktop PC couple of months ago which is fab.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yep. no probs with Dell laptop and also bought a Dell desktop PC couple of months ago which is fab.
Obviously you don't know they're programmed to self destruct once you leave England
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:15 am

Obviously you don't know they're programmed to self destruct once you leave England

LOL!

Mind you, with our luck it wouldnt surprise me!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
LOL!

Mind you, with our luck it wouldnt surprise me!
Henry's just come in to wash his hands as he's managed to stick his hand in fox shit.
I've lifted him up to the sink so he can reach, as I've put him down I've touched my eye looked at my finger to see dirt on it.

Yes you've guessed it fox shit in my eye :scared:
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:18 am

Yes you've guessed it fox shit in my eye :scared:

PMSL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.