Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Laptop - Buy in UK or Oz?

Laptop - Buy in UK or Oz?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Laptop - Buy in UK or Oz?

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Comet are doing Sony Vaio's for £499 at the moment, decent spec.

I've recently bought a new laptop which i intend taking to Aus next March.

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyl...02BC29B86)/.do

Was thinking of purchasing in Aus or maybe Singapore when we stop over, but decided to purchase here in UK.

Came with 2 years worldwide w/tee free. 160 gig HD and 2 gig of RAM.

Would be interested to know if they avalable any cheaper in the country's mentioned. As i was led to believe the cheapest place to purchase a high spec laptop is here in the UK.

Any thoughts from those already in Aus?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
I've recently bought a new laptop which i intend taking to Aus next March.

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/b2c/display/(xcm=PCM_b2ccrmstandard&layout=15_108_60_49_109_11 3_2&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&carea=4668E576ABD00 193E10080002BC29B86)/.do

Was thinking of purchasing in Aus or maybe Singapore when we stop over, but decided to purchase here in UK.

Came with 2 years worldwide w/tee free. 160 gig HD and 2 gig of RAM.

Would be interested to know if they avalable any cheaper in the country's mentioned. As i was led to believe the cheapest place to purchase a high spec laptop is here in the UK.

Any thoughts from those already in Aus?
For some reason, it's hard to get sonys cheap here, they must have their dealer network sown up really tightly. Can only go on Equivalents

Can get the following for circa 1380 Aud... About 500 quidish.

LG E500-S.A8X2A T7500/15.4”/2G/160G/DVDRW/WLAN/Bluetooth/Webcam/XPP

The sweet spot, that are getting pushed out at present are at slightly lower specs. lots of competition in this range at present......

Benq R55VUV08 T5500/1G/100GB/15.4”/VistaHP Around 1100 bucks, or 420 quid.

Both are good kit.

Do a cnet comparison and see how they compete with the sony.

Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

If your buying in the uk check out this website, we just got a sony NR11ZS, good spec and under £600. Havent bothered about the warranty so dont know about that - think its only european

http://www.technoworld.com/laptops/Sony.htm