Reload this Page >

Landscape Gardener

Landscape Gardener

Old Jan 29th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Apip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landscape Gardener

Hi All,

Newbie's here just starting out on our (fingers crossed) move to Oz.

I wanted tpo ask those out there already (especialy in Pearth) about the requirments of landscape gardeners.

I have a company here in Ireland doing Landscaping and the general plan is that when out in Oz I would be able to start up a landscape company, and I wanted ask what the demand is for my line of work?

Thanks in advance,

Pip
Old Feb 1st 2007, 10:00 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Landscape Gardener

Originally Posted by Apip
Hi All,

I wanted tpo ask those out there already (especialy in Pearth) about the requirments of landscape gardeners.

I have a company here in Ireland doing Landscaping and the general plan is that when out in Oz I would be able to start up a landscape company, and I wanted ask what the demand is for my line of work?

Thanks in advance,

Pip
Yes Head Gardner and General Gardner is on Skilled Shortage list. This carries 60 points. I have just read the list. You will find this on the Australian emigration website.

But unfortunately I don't know what the work is like in Perth.

I hope this helps

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2007, 7:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Based on what we see around here, the skills required are:

(a) The ability to dig a hole.
(b) The skill to stop digging at around six inches.
(c) Knowing that the brown stringy bits go into the hole and the green stringy bits stay up in the air.
(d) And, for a Master Gardener, remembering to shove some of that dirty, dry soilly stuff back into the hole.

That's only from observation: there may be other requirements <g>.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Based on what we see around here, the skills required are:

(a) The ability to dig a hole.
(b) The skill to stop digging at around six inches.
(c) Knowing that the brown stringy bits go into the hole and the green stringy bits stay up in the air.
(d) And, for a Master Gardener, remembering to shove some of that dirty, dry soilly stuff back into the hole.

That's only from observation: there may be other requirements <g>.
And the ability to let a mower take you for a walk.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apip
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Pip
You could try some of the job search sites in Perth, i have looked on The West Australian one, http://www.thewest.com.au/ and click on classifieds.

When i had a look about 4 months ago last there were quite a few jobs, both in supervisory and managerial roles, which is what you would be better looking at, the general wages are really crap!
Good luck and PM me if you want any more advice, i have looked quite deeply into it, as thats what i would be looking at doing if we go.