Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Landscape companies - Redlands, Brisbane (any recommendations?)

Landscape companies - Redlands, Brisbane (any recommendations?)

Old Sep 10th 2008, 3:15 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Landscape companies - Redlands, Brisbane (any recommendations?)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with landscape companies in the Redlands area. We're in Capalaba and I'm hoping to redo the front gardens. Nothing major, just needs a big clean up and a few rather large shrubs need to ripped out. Once it's all cleaned up I should probably plant some more things in to fill it out and have some mulch put on to keep the weeds out.

So... if anyone has had good experience with a company please let me know!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Wolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really nice
Default Re: Landscape companies - Redlands, Brisbane (any recommendations?)

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with landscape companies in the Redlands area. We're in Capalaba and I'm hoping to redo the front gardens. Nothing major, just needs a big clean up and a few rather large shrubs need to ripped out. Once it's all cleaned up I should probably plant some more things in to fill it out and have some mulch put on to keep the weeds out.

So... if anyone has had good experience with a company please let me know!
hope you have better luck than a friend of mine and myself, between us we must have gone through over 20, yes 20 lanscapers, they either didn't bother returning your calls, canceled appointments, didn't bother turning up, or when they did you didn't receive their quote or finally they'd quote something silly...this compared to the few that did quote.
These jobs weren't for a few hundreds of $ either, both of us were into 5 figures!!!
On a similar note, two other friends had simliar dealings from concreters. The problem being so much work on the Gold Coast.
It's really hard to give money away these days, apparantly it's a Gold Coast thing...all the best in your search!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:45 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, that's what I was afraid of. That's why I'd hoped to save myself some time by checking things out first.

I'll just give it a shot on my own I guess. Most of the work I could do myself, except digging those big shrubs/trees out might be difficult. But I'll manage. I'll just have to wait until November when my mother-in-law is visiting, that way someone can watch the kids while I'm working.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

paddytd will become famous soon enoughpaddytd will become famous soon enough

I have a friend on the gold coast he will help you if you need his phone no please pm me
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Just wait for me!!

At the moment I do garden maintanance, flagging & fencing & hope to start up in Australia, (? Cleveland). Was worried whether there would be enough work but feel quite confident after reading this thread.

If you don't get sorted I arrive on the 23rd Nov, just give us a few days to get over the jet lag!!

Paul

Originally Posted by comet555
Yes, that's what I was afraid of. That's why I'd hoped to save myself some time by checking things out first.

I'll just give it a shot on my own I guess. Most of the work I could do myself, except digging those big shrubs/trees out might be difficult. But I'll manage. I'll just have to wait until November when my mother-in-law is visiting, that way someone can watch the kids while I'm working.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:41 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by KarenandPaul
Just wait for me!!

At the moment I do garden maintanance, flagging & fencing & hope to start up in Australia, (? Cleveland). Was worried whether there would be enough work but feel quite confident after reading this thread.

If you don't get sorted I arrive on the 23rd Nov, just give us a few days to get over the jet lag!!

Paul
I'm in no rush... although the sight of my garden when I pull in does annoy me

I'll keep you in mind, particularly since I know you're not busy so you should show up if I call you!