Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Landed in Perth and thanks

Landed in Perth and thanks

Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Thumbs up Landed in Perth and thanks

Just a quicky to say we,ve landed in Perth yesterday.Managed to get the laptop a dial up connection,quite impressed with myself there to be honest.Also wanted to say thanks to the forum and everyone on here who has helped me over the last 12 months or so.Even the negative threads they have made me realise to go into this open minded and just do the best we can.We are staying in Port kennedy SOR and are looking at property in the Secret harbour estate.As i came over i got hold of Saturdays West aus newspaper and was chuffed to bits when i counted 40+ jobs for myself.So when my tools arrive in about 4 weeks i should have no probs getting employed.Once again guys thanks again for the good,the bad and the ugly.

dave
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:26 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed in Perth and thanks

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Just a quicky to say we,ve landed in Perth yesterday.Managed to get the laptop a dial up connection,quite impressed with myself there to be honest.Also wanted to say thanks to the forum and everyone on here who has helped me over the last 12 months or so.Even the negative threads they have made me realise to go into this open minded and just do the best we can.We are staying in Port kennedy SOR and are looking at property in the Secret harbour estate.As i came over i got hold of Saturdays West aus newspaper and was chuffed to bits when i counted 40+ jobs for myself.So when my tools arrive in about 4 weeks i should have no probs getting employed.Once again guys thanks again for the good,the bad and the ugly.

dave
Can't go wrong living in Secret Harbour mate. How many housing developments are built around a beautiful golf course AND on the beach.

Well done Dave, and good luck. They'll be building for years south of Mandurah, so finding work will be a doddle.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:32 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

dave
seams to be the week to move to Perth mate of mine is on the plane now , Bridiej goes 2 mo and Worzel on friday .

Have a great time settling in , did you get a copy of this http://www.immi.gov.au/settle/booklets/texts/wa/eng.pdf

if not print one off .

All the best
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

dave

hi dave gary here a bricklayer from farnborough hants you wont go far wron g in secret harbour i have a cousin there its lovely , it looked a bit quiet for me so i chose mandurah lots to do and has a few good pubs , bot i depends what you want .
roofing carpenters are as rare as rocking horse shit here and youcan earn about the same as uk with a slightly lower cost of living , drop me aline if you want to go for a beer bud ill only be 10km away
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

dave
Great to hear you've arrived ok and that the works situ is looking good, keep us updated.

all the best Possoms
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

dave
Hi Dave, Secret Harbour is one our list. Loved it there when visiting earlier this year. I'm a carpenter/joiner too would be interested in jobs local to secret Harbour as all my internet job searches were pretty naff.

Enjoy yourself.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Landed in Perth and thanks

dave
Well done and best wishes for the future Dave.

Oldhamer
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyD
Hi Dave, Secret Harbour is one our list. Loved it there when visiting earlier this year. I'm a carpenter/joiner too would be interested in jobs local to secret Harbour as all my internet job searches were pretty naff.

Enjoy yourself.

hi andy
you have got to be joking the only reason you wont find ads on the net is because they are wasting ther time carpenters especially roof carpenters are as rare as rocking horses s///t , i am a bircklayer have been here for 8 months and no one can get roofing carpenters , second fix maybe not so but wood nail hammer , hammer nail in wood and hey presto theres a roof built easy as that lol no not trying to be funny there is so much work here its unreal i have nevr seen as much in the uk ever .
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:39 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

dave
Great news about the job situ - husband's a chippy and we were intending on heading to WA so he'll be well chuffed there's loads of work going. Have for us
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair go's mate ... you'll be right

dave
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you arrived safe keep us posted

Kris xx

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeppy
hi andy
you have got to be joking the only reason you wont find ads on the net is because they are wasting ther time carpenters especially roof carpenters are as rare as rocking horses s///t , i am a bircklayer have been here for 8 months and no one can get roofing carpenters , second fix maybe not so but wood nail hammer , hammer nail in wood and hey presto theres a roof built easy as that lol no not trying to be funny there is so much work here its unreal i have nevr seen as much in the uk ever .
err isnt that a joiner not carpenter?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clippies
Great news about the job situ - husband's a chippy and we were intending on heading to WA so he'll be well chuffed there's loads of work going. Have for us
hi clippies form rockingham to mandurah is the biggest buildin undertaken in the whole of oz . i heard on the radio that mandurah is not just the fastest growing city in oz but probably the world tell your hubby to bring extra saws / buy the way they are more than twice the price of sandvicks you can buy in band qs in uk
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:47 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeppy
hi clippies form rockingham to mandurah is the biggest buildin undertaken in the whole of oz . i heard on the radio that mandurah is not just the fastest growing city in oz but probably the world tell your hubby to bring extra saws / buy the way they are more than twice the price of sandvicks you can buy in band qs in uk
Nice one, I'll tell him. cheers

Ooh not so good about pricey saws though. Don't know what he pays for his, not much though he gets them from a trade warehouse.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by possoms
err isnt that a joiner not carpenter?
no i work on the sites here and the oz terminology is carpenter / i no what you are saying thou i have a friend from up north in england and he says he is a joiner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.