Reload this Page >

Landed in Oz - Next meet in qld?

Landed in Oz - Next meet in qld?

Old Mar 18th 2006, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

wmckellar will become famous soon enough
Smile Landed in Oz - Next meet in qld?

Guys,

After a long year i have now arrive in Oz, i am living in Mount Gravatt East and have been in Carindale shopping mall for the last day and a half sorting out medicare etc. Does anyone live near by that fancys a beer or 2 ? need to bend someone ear to get some info as i have never been here before and want to try and setttle as quic as poss.

Also, when is the next meet anywhere near here??? i would be interested as i am sure you have all been where i am right now . . . hope to meet up soon with a lot of you guys

speak soon

Will
Old Mar 18th 2006, 3:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed in Oz - Next meet in qld?

Originally Posted by wmckellar
Guys,

After a long year i have now arrive in Oz, i am living in Mount Gravatt East and have been in Carindale shopping mall for the last day and a half sorting out medicare etc. Does anyone live near by that fancys a beer or 2 ? need to bend someone ear to get some info as i have never been here before and want to try and setttle as quic as poss.

Also, when is the next meet anywhere near here??? i would be interested as i am sure you have all been where i am right now . . . hope to meet up soon with a lot of you guys

speak soon

Will
There's a meet planned in Brisbane end of March
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358605

and one in April
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353913

There is also ABC's bayside forum for people who are all around you who have regular meets.

Welcome to Australia
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Landed in Oz - Next meet in qld?

Originally Posted by wmckellar
Guys,

speak soon

Will
I would recommened you apply for a tax file number ASAP as ours took around 6 - 7 weeks to come through, this is need for when you start work so you pay the correct amount of tax, you can apply on line I have put the link below

https://iar.ato.gov.au/iarweb/defaul...id=1&outcome=1