Land Costs!!!!

Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice
Default Land Costs!!!!

Hello

We went for out tender yesterday and were told that site costs would be $14,000 for a cut and fill and also to add extra concrete due to the postion of water pipe.I am just inrested what other people have paid for there costs I am told that the average is $10,000 but not sure if this is true.I know every block with be very different so it is hard to compare.I am curious really how much people are prepared to pay before they give up and decide to sell the land.i have just been speaking to a lady that sold her block cause site costs were $60,000 but this must be an extreme case! :scared:

So how much is too much?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land Costs!!!!

Originally Posted by playbunny75
Hello

We went for out tender yesterday and were told that site costs would be $14,000 for a cut and fill and also to add extra concrete due to the postion of water pipe.I am just inrested what other people have paid for there costs I am told that the average is $10,000 but not sure if this is true.I know every block with be very different so it is hard to compare.I am curious really how much people are prepared to pay before they give up and decide to sell the land.i have just been speaking to a lady that sold her block cause site costs were $60,000 but this must be an extreme case! :scared:

So how much is too much?
As you know ours was $17500 and got reduced to $12500.

We spoke to someone the other week who was a building engineer, admittedly he never saw our soil report but he said it seemed expensive.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by fraser
As you know ours was $17500 and got reduced to $12500.

We spoke to someone the other week who was a building engineer, admittedly he never saw our soil report but he said it seemed expensive.

I don't mind paying it if it is not a case of being ripped off I know they have to make a profit it's a case of how much that bothers me! When is your house ready? and how is everything going?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:29 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind paying it if it is not a case of being ripped off I know they have to make a profit it's a case of how much that bothers me! When is your house ready? and how is everything going?
It's not being started until Febuary, we signed the plan contracts Monday so all the paperwork's done.

We don't get our grant until it's completed.

We paid $600 for our test, I've since found out the test costs around $200

We're only paying $110 for ur upgraded shower, I made a fuss of how much mark up they had and told them I knew the price of it which was $149 so they haven't put anything on it.

Just watch them every step of the way.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fraser
It's not being started until Febuary, we signed the plan contracts Monday so all the paperwork's done.

We don't get our grant until it's completed.

We paid $600 for our test, I've since found out the test costs around $200

We're only paying $110 for ur upgraded shower, I made a fuss of how much mark up they had and told them I knew the price of it which was $149 so they haven't put anything on it.

Just watch them every step of the way.
So do you mean you not got any extra's? We have taken out alot that we added first off to get the costs down.We were given a cost of $189,000 the base price is $157,000 this price does not include carpets,landscaping of driveways, but at the moment it does include cooling,ceasar worktops,spa bath,upgraded doors,lighting so quite alot that we can still take out.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:41 am

So do you mean you not got any extra's? We have taken out alot that we added first off to get the costs down.We were given a cost of $189,000 the base price is $157,000 this price does not include carpets,landscaping of driveways, but at the moment it does include cooling,ceasar worktops,spa bath,upgraded doors,lighting so quite alot that we can still take out.
Hardly any, just an upgrade to the tiles on the kitchen splashback and some extra powers points, exhaust fans, window locks, deadbolts,flyscreens, ceramic basins, one shower upgraded to a mixer valve.

We've took out downlights, carpets, remote for garage.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

Hello

So how much is too much?
I can only say that we have gone through the tender thing and finally decided not to go ahead with the major builder thing. They rip you off at every turn. Assume that the mark up they are making at every stage is 200% I reckon at least.

We eventually have gone with a small builder, much happier about the whole thing and dont feel as though our bank account is being gang raped
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Unycorne
I can only say that we have gone through the tender thing and finally decided not to go ahead with the major builder thing. They rip you off at every turn. Assume that the mark up they are making at every stage is 200% I reckon at least.

We eventually have gone with a small builder, much happier about the whole thing and dont feel as though our bank account is being gang raped
Which major builder were you going to go with?
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

So how much is too much?
Hi there. Just thought I would put our 2 cents in on this subject as some of you might find it useful.

We have just bought our block of land at Jacobs Ridge, Ormeau, about ½ way between the Gold Coast and Brisbane.. We have been waiting patiently for months for the right block to become available, because to us, it was all about position and location. We ended up paying more than we were hoping for ($189,000), but we were fortunate enough to buy during a special promotion, whereby we get a $10,000 Myer card, so that should compensate for over spending on the land. By the way the land is 726m2.

We have spent literally months looking through display homes all up and down the coast, and finally chose the Richards display on the Jacobs Ridge estate itself. The base price I think was $157,000 and the “as displayed price” was $197,000. We have found Richards to be very good and very upfront from day 1. In fact before we had actually committed to anything, the sales guy phoned us and told us of a price increase of $5,000, but if we were to pay a deposit of $2,000, that would hold the old price, so that’s what we did. That $2,000 covered all fees associated with the site costs, i.e. soil tests, etc. We were told from day 1 of the worst case scenario regarding the site costs, that it could cost $7,000 if the test comes back as “H” class, which it did, so in total, our site costs came to $9,000.

We are going with the “as displayed” price, and by adding a few extra, the total price should be about $210,000 (although we haven’t yet had the quote finalised,)

We have been told building time is 6 months and if it is not completed by the due date, then they have to pay I think $40 for every day they are over.

We hope to start building in February.

Cheers