Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet Up?

Lancashire Meet Up?

Old Dec 7th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road
Default Lancashire Meet Up?

Have the meet ups at the Harvester, Middlebrook died a death or is it that there just isn't one planned at present? They used to be quite regular with the next one arranged on the back of the feedback from the last meeting. Unfortunately I only managed to make 1 meeting due to work committments but as we are currently waiting a CO it would be great to get back into things and pick brains.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lancashire Meet Up?

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
Have the meet ups at the Harvester, Middlebrook died a death or is it that there just isn't one planned at present? They used to be quite regular with the next one arranged on the back of the feedback from the last meeting. Unfortunately I only managed to make 1 meeting due to work committments but as we are currently waiting a CO it would be great to get back into things and pick brains.
Hi Dickdepilot come on you do it get organising this Lancashire meet up, to all the peeps that read this,these meet ups are great 1 for getting some great advice about the whole visa process and 2nd you meet some fab people who you will keep intouch with once you arrive in oz,
now whos going to start it off I have held a few of the meet ups but will no longer be able to attend another as we fly out on the 20th Jan if anyone is interested in a meet up get ya name down and im sure Dickdepilot will come up with some dates sorry Dick but you have now been nominated well I hope the lancashire meets keep going
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Doh! Ok, bring it on. Would anyone interested in making it to a meet (same location) let me know. That way I can guage the interest and look at arranging some dates. Either reply to this thread or pm me. Looking forward to hearing from people. DDP
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:16 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DickDePilot
Doh! Ok, bring it on. Would anyone interested in making it to a meet (same location) let me know. That way I can guage the interest and look at arranging some dates. Either reply to this thread or pm me. Looking forward to hearing from people. DDP
Hi where from near Wigan,monving to Sydney at the end of Jan,we ll come to the meet ups,just tell us where and when,cheers Lisa x
Old Dec 14th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we would be interested in a meet. We are in Preston & going through visa process. Bev
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

come on guys anymore for anymore, the more the meerier and just bumping up this thread
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Has the housing slump and the state of the £ put people off going to Oz? The state of this country and the impending move towards accepting the Euro as our currency (believe me it's going to happen) coupled with the never ending push to create a superstate of Europe which the UK will be pimped into by a very pro european goverment makes me even more determined to move! Get off your backsides, take your heads out of the Christmas editions of TV & Radio Times and get yer name down on this thread. Your Lancashire Meet Up needs you!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:39 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Come you lovely people in Lancashire, The lancs meets are superb.
Hope you have lots, Me and Vikky met some lovely people at the events.
Hope your all ok and keep in touch.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad city fan
Hi Dickdepilot come on you do it get organising this Lancashire meet up, to all the peeps that read this,these meet ups are great 1 for getting some great advice about the whole visa process and 2nd you meet some fab people who you will keep intouch with once you arrive in oz,
now whos going to start it off I have held a few of the meet ups but will no longer be able to attend another as we fly out on the 20th Jan if anyone is interested in a meet up get ya name down and im sure Dickdepilot will come up with some dates sorry Dick but you have now been nominated well I hope the lancashire meets keep going
Just to say a massive good luck to you mad city fan, hope things go fantastic for you. hope you have a safe journey and let us know how you go on when you set yourselves sorted and set up

Oh and we'd always be up for a meet up too, even tho we've got the visa we're still waiting for the house to sell!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

Quick message from the other side hurry up mad city fan we are just setting off jet sking and you should be here!

P.S. keep up the meets real good advise can be gained plus friendships
which when you arrive in OZ you will need and rely on

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beasty boy
Quick message from the other side hurry up mad city fan we are just setting off jet sking and you should be here!

P.S. keep up the meets real good advise can be gained plus friendships
which when you arrive in OZ you will need and rely on

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE
So you arrived okay then?? the new passport were okay then??

hope you are really enjoying the sun, it's chuffin freezing over here!!

take Care
Vic's x
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

yep the perfect choice for me would not want to return thats for sure.
working at www.courancove.com.au beautiful Island resort check it out
when do you arrive in oz? how have the meets been many new future expats
turning up?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of apathy around at the minute. Mad City Fan threw down the gauntlet and I am willing to take up the challenge but I won't spend loads of my time trying to force or cajoal people into coming to a meet. Tried to get a response for interest but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. At least this thread may get back onto page 1 again so for all you people out there that want to share info and not feel alone in your endeavours get in touch. If enough interest is shown then I will organise something. Beast Boy and Mad City Fan any info on contacts, past undestandings etc at the Harvester please let me know.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

just BUMPING THIS ONE UP
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

Hello fellow ..lancastrians !

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.