British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Lancashire Meet Up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/lancashire-meet-up-577328/)

DickDePilot Dec 7th 2008 4:57 pm

Lancashire Meet Up?

Have the meet ups at the Harvester, Middlebrook died a death or is it that there just isn't one planned at present? They used to be quite regular with the next one arranged on the back of the feedback from the last meeting. Unfortunately I only managed to make 1 meeting due to work committments but as we are currently waiting a CO it would be great to get back into things and pick brains.

mad city fan Dec 9th 2008 6:52 pm

Re: Lancashire Meet Up?

Originally Posted by DickDePilot (Post 7045929)
Have the meet ups at the Harvester, Middlebrook died a death or is it that there just isn't one planned at present? They used to be quite regular with the next one arranged on the back of the feedback from the last meeting. Unfortunately I only managed to make 1 meeting due to work committments but as we are currently waiting a CO it would be great to get back into things and pick brains.

Hi Dickdepilot come on you do it :thumbup: get organising this Lancashire meet up, to all the peeps that read this,these meet ups are great 1 for getting some great advice about the whole visa process and 2nd you meet some fab people who you will keep intouch with once you arrive in oz,
now whos going to start it off I have held a few of the meet ups but will no longer be able to attend another as we fly out on the 20th Jan :thumbsup: if anyone is interested in a meet up get ya name down and im sure Dickdepilot will come up with some dates :sneaky: sorry Dick but you have now been nominated well I hope the lancashire meets keep going :thumbsup:

DickDePilot Dec 12th 2008 9:12 am

Doh! Ok, bring it on. Would anyone interested in making it to a meet (same location) let me know. That way I can guage the interest and look at arranging some dates. Either reply to this thread or pm me. Looking forward to hearing from people. DDP :thumbup:

hettie Dec 12th 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by DickDePilot (Post 7060670)
Doh! Ok, bring it on. Would anyone interested in making it to a meet (same location) let me know. That way I can guage the interest and look at arranging some dates. Either reply to this thread or pm me. Looking forward to hearing from people. DDP :thumbup:

Hi where from near Wigan,monving to Sydney at the end of Jan,we ll come to the meet ups,just tell us where and when,cheers Lisa x

missa Dec 14th 2008 5:02 pm

Hi

we would be interested in a meet. :) We are in Preston & going through visa process. Bev

mad city fan Dec 15th 2008 3:39 pm

come on guys anymore for anymore, the more the meerier and just bumping up this thread :thumbsup:

DickDePilot Dec 15th 2008 3:45 pm

Has the housing slump and the state of the £ put people off going to Oz? The state of this country and the impending move towards accepting the Euro as our currency (believe me it's going to happen) coupled with the never ending push to create a superstate of Europe which the UK will be pimped into by a very pro european goverment makes me even more determined to move! Get off your backsides, take your heads out of the Christmas editions of TV & Radio Times and get yer name down on this thread. Your Lancashire Meet Up needs you!

GaryVFR8 Jan 10th 2009 12:39 pm

Come you lovely people in Lancashire, The lancs meets are superb.
Hope you have lots, Me and Vikky met some lovely people at the events.
Hope your all ok and keep in touch.
Gary Vikky and Hollie

vickys Jan 10th 2009 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 7053081)
Hi Dickdepilot come on you do it :thumbup: get organising this Lancashire meet up, to all the peeps that read this,these meet ups are great 1 for getting some great advice about the whole visa process and 2nd you meet some fab people who you will keep intouch with once you arrive in oz,
now whos going to start it off I have held a few of the meet ups but will no longer be able to attend another as we fly out on the 20th Jan :thumbsup: if anyone is interested in a meet up get ya name down and im sure Dickdepilot will come up with some dates :sneaky: sorry Dick but you have now been nominated well I hope the lancashire meets keep going :thumbsup:

Just to say a massive good luck to you mad city fan, hope things go fantastic for you. hope you have a safe journey and let us know how you go on when you set yourselves sorted and set up

Oh and we'd always be up for a meet up too, even tho we've got the visa we're still waiting for the house to sell!

beasty boy Jan 10th 2009 6:59 pm

Quick message from the other side hurry up mad city fan we are just setting off jet sking and you should be here!

P.S. keep up the meets real good advise can be gained plus friendships
which when you arrive in OZ you will need and rely on

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE

vickys Jan 10th 2009 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by beasty boy (Post 7149491)
Quick message from the other side hurry up mad city fan we are just setting off jet sking and you should be here!

P.S. keep up the meets real good advise can be gained plus friendships
which when you arrive in OZ you will need and rely on

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE

So you arrived okay then?? the new passport were okay then??

hope you are really enjoying the sun, it's chuffin freezing over here!!

take Care
Vic's x

beasty boy Jan 12th 2009 8:59 am

yep the perfect choice for me would not want to return thats for sure.
working at www.courancove.com.au beautiful Island resort check it out
when do you arrive in oz? how have the meets been many new future expats
turning up?

DickDePilot Jan 12th 2009 2:56 pm

Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of apathy around at the minute. Mad City Fan threw down the gauntlet and I am willing to take up the challenge but I won't spend loads of my time trying to force or cajoal people into coming to a meet. Tried to get a response for interest but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. At least this thread may get back onto page 1 again so for all you people out there that want to share info and not feel alone in your endeavours get in touch. If enough interest is shown then I will organise something. Beast Boy and Mad City Fan any info on contacts, past undestandings etc at the Harvester please let me know. :thumbup:

mad city fan Feb 1st 2009 1:44 am

just BUMPING THIS ONE UP :thumbsup:

mindblower Feb 1st 2009 2:25 am

QUOTE]

Hello fellow ..lancastrians !

Dave

vickys Feb 1st 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DickDePilot (Post 7156912)
Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of apathy around at the minute. Mad City Fan threw down the gauntlet and I am willing to take up the challenge but I won't spend loads of my time trying to force or cajoal people into coming to a meet. Tried to get a response for interest but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. At least this thread may get back onto page 1 again so for all you people out there that want to share info and not feel alone in your endeavours get in touch. If enough interest is shown then I will organise something. Beast Boy and Mad City Fan any info on contacts, past undestandings etc at the Harvester please let me know. :thumbup:

Well we will always be up for a meet up even though we got our visa last april - they're great fun. There is always somebody who will need a little reassurance or advice and the kiddies absolutely love having a giggle too!!!

DickDePilot Feb 1st 2009 6:58 pm

thanks for the support Vicky can you think of a way to end the apathy that there seems to be? Don't mind organising things but, as I said, I'm not going to waste my time if no-one is interested. Maybe these replies will keep the thread bumped and people might see.

suziegaz Feb 23rd 2009 6:41 pm

hi all,

bump!!!!!! where are all the lancashire folk ???

was wondering if there is gonna be a meet up in lancashire soon, would love to attend :thumbsup:

suzie and gaz
xx

mad city fan Mar 6th 2009 10:28 am

BUMP BUMP AND BUMP :sneaky:maybe thers no one left in Manchester they all seem to be here in oz :thumbsup:

CassienJames Mar 6th 2009 11:19 am

Hi - We are in Lancashire and could attend (depending on dates!) have you had enough responses yet?

daunted Mar 8th 2009 12:19 am

:thumbsup: any more takers????

DickDePilot Mar 8th 2009 9:26 pm

Still happy to organise but it would be more like an intimate meal as opposed to a get together with the interest shown so far. That said thanks for those who have shown an interest and those of you who have gone but still provide the support by bumping the thread.

Come on people of Lancs, Greater Manchester and anyone within a short drive of M61 Junction 6!

:thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:

missa Mar 8th 2009 9:33 pm

Hi

Just to let you know again we would definetly be interested. Had replied earlier in the thread but thought i'd just let you know again!! :D

snoopdogg Mar 13th 2009 9:34 am

HI THERE

WE ARE AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE VISA PROCESS, WE MEANING MYSELF ANDY, MELLISSA , JOSH (7) ETHAN (4) WE ARE ONLY 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM REEBOK AND WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND ANY HELP AND INFO IS A BONUS !!!

missa Mar 13th 2009 9:44 am

Hi Snoopdog

Where you thinking of heading in Oz?

snoopdogg Mar 13th 2009 9:52 am

Hi Missa

We are hoping to end up in Perth, We are at the beginning of the Vetassess
so any meet ups would be great as we are trying to do it on our own without a agent!! Where in Australia are you planning on ?

missa Mar 13th 2009 10:02 am

Hi

We are hoping for Queensland or it could be Perth. It depends on various things ( has got quite complicated!! ) It would be nice to keep in touch. I'll PM you if thats ok.

snoopdogg Mar 13th 2009 12:27 pm

hi Missa
thanks for your reply it would be nice to keep in touch with people who are in the same situation, hopefully a meet up will be confirmed, good luck with your visa hope you can over come the complications !!!

DickDePilot Mar 13th 2009 3:15 pm

I'll pop down to the Harvester to check out some dates. Then we'll put it to a vote and see how many can make the dates. You never know we may get some more interest if there is a date set, other than that we'll get to know each other quite well as it will be a small gathering. Mad City Fan, congrats on the3 win the other night, all you've got to do is reproduce the form in the league. Can you pm with details of anyone you spoke with at the Harvester or any agreements that were in place. Cheers. DDP:thumbsup:

mad city fan May 6th 2009 4:30 am

WEHEY thats what I like to hear another Lancashire meet here ya go, the details and directions to the harvester, Good luck to all and enjoy
:thumbsup:

9TH LANCASHIRE MEET UP

HARVESTER INFO
HARVESTER AT HORWICH PARK
MIDDLEBROOK LEISURE AND RETAIL PARK
BOLTON
BLF 6LB

DIRECTIONS
EXIT AT JUNCTION 6 OF THE M61
(SIGNPOSTED HORWICH AND THE BROWN SIGNS FOR MIDDLEBROOK STADIUM) AT THE ROUNABOUT TAKE THE HORWICH MIDDLEBROOK AND REEBOK EXIT (A6027) AFTER ABOUT HALF A MILE YOU WILL COME TO A ROUNDABOUT INFRONT OF THE REEBOK STADIUM TAKE THE LEFT TURN AND YOU IMMEDIATLEY PASS A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ON THE LEFT NEXT DOOR IS THE HAEVESTER PUB

suziegaz May 6th 2009 10:28 am

hi all,

is there a date for this meet yet ?

thanks suzie and gaz
x

GaryVFR8 May 7th 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by suziegaz (Post 7545480)
hi all,

is there a date for this meet yet ?

thanks suzie and gaz
x

Hey if Preston North End get to Play off final, can we have meet on Sat 23rd May, Hoping to get back if the miricle happens!
Gary Vikky and Hollie

Deblit Aug 17th 2009 9:38 am

Hi all, Im a new member, just starting the visa process, TRA done starting the whole process, did this lancs meet up get running again? Would defo come along :D

mad city fan Oct 18th 2009 1:17 pm

Come on guys im sure there is someone out there who is willing to keep up these Lancashire meets, Id do it meself but only its a lill to far to go:thumbsup: lol, come on come on come on anyone for the taking it only takes one

daunted Oct 21st 2009 1:16 pm

come on guys cant let this thread die:thumbsup:

beasty boy Oct 27th 2009 11:24 am

Quite agree these meetup are very informative as well great fun. Think of all the successful relocations attached to the lancashire meetups. someone pull your finger out and take the risk. Madcityfan tried to contact you by private message but no reply so if you would like to meetup reply by private message
thanks.

beasty boy Nov 24th 2009 5:12 am

seen as there is no replies i will just keep talking to myself

GaryVFR8 Nov 24th 2009 10:05 am

Beasty Boy.
How you doing over here, Hope the familes well!!!
Gary Vikky and Hollie

beasty boy Nov 28th 2009 10:28 am

All good mate hows your family going, no regrets i hope

beasty boy Dec 3rd 2009 11:46 am

Only me, drinking a nice cold beer and basking in 31 degrees what could be better, COME ON YOU LOT THIS COULD BE YOUR REALI:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::be er::beer::beer::beer: