Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LANCASHIRE MEET PART 8

LANCASHIRE MEET PART 8

Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Simon and Gaynor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LANCASHIRE MEET PART 8

We're from Blackburn going to Melbourne.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

nicknic will become famous soon enough

Hi all

nice to see the meets are sill going strong.

little update on us:

we have moved into our house the pool has gone in and we can see the ocean from the balcony (how cool is that)
we both have jobs it took a while to get a job 10 days i had to tell them i wasnt ready to start and needed an extra week before i could start

well i started as a maintenance fitter in a plastic pipe factory with in 6 weeks they asked me to manage the department so im now the maintenance manager.

everything is going realy well we couldnt ask for a better start.

a bit of advice "move your ass and get out here

its winter and we have been having 20 deg clear blue skies
we bought a puppy 4 weeks ago and spend time walking on the beach looking out over the aqua indian ocean watching the waves breaking over the reef's

it is as fantastic as it sounds.

see you all out here soon the most remote city in the word but so much to do and see

gud day mate
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

sorry not been on here for a while, been very very busy with kids birthday parties & holidays etc! Hopefully will beable to make this meet just had to jiggle my shifts about a bit. Really enjoyed the last one. It's great chatting to others in the same boat. We have booked our flights for the 23rd November. House not sold though but will probably put it up for rent in september.

See you soon

Karen & Paul
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Would you mind if we came along? Not got our visa yet, but hopefully should have it by November. Going to Perth all being well with our 3 boys.

Martin and Debbie
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

nicnpaul has a spectacular aura aboutnicnpaul has a spectacular aura aboutnicnpaul has a spectacular aura about

hiya,

would love to come to this meet as we're new to this site but going on hols that day :curse:

NikNic, we are waiting for pauls skills to be assessed as a maintenance fitter and heading to the brisbane/sunshine coast!!! Whats the work prospects like there????

Nic x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nicknic View Post
Hi all

nice to see the meets are sill going strong.

little update on us:

we have moved into our house the pool has gone in and we can see the ocean from the balcony (how cool is that)
we both have jobs it took a while to get a job 10 days i had to tell them i wasnt ready to start and needed an extra week before i could start

well i started as a maintenance fitter in a plastic pipe factory with in 6 weeks they asked me to manage the department so im now the maintenance manager.

everything is going realy well we couldnt ask for a better start.

a bit of advice "move your ass and get out here

its winter and we have been having 20 deg clear blue skies
we bought a puppy 4 weeks ago and spend time walking on the beach looking out over the aqua indian ocean watching the waves breaking over the reef's

it is as fantastic as it sounds.

see you all out here soon the most remote city in the word but so much to do and see

gud day mate
Ah that sounds so fab, i'm really glad you are enjoying it and that everything is fantastic for you. Lovely to hear from you
take care
Vic's

Originally Posted by munch View Post
Would you mind if we came along? Not got our visa yet, but hopefully should have it by November. Going to Perth all being well with our 3 boys.

Martin and Debbie
The more the merrier, it is a mad house though just to pre-warn you, it's fab
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi guys hope you have a great day we moved from bolton to brissy two years ago after doing bbc wanted down under if you require any info on brissy, gold coast, sunny coast just ask we know how hard it was for us still miss lancashire cant think why please can you send me some black puddings, hollands meat/potato pies thank GARY
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by calNgary View Post
Hi guys hope you have a great day we moved from bolton to brissy two years ago after doing bbc wanted down under if you require any info on brissy, gold coast, sunny coast just ask we know how hard it was for us still miss lancashire cant think why please can you send me some black puddings, hollands meat/potato pies thank GARY

You mean you don't miss the sticky toffee pudding at the harvester or the proper gravy and chocolate!!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

I thought it was me dose chocolate taste different in oz? I could eat a pie from the pie shop near prestons of bolton followed by a black pudding from bury outside market, then to finish a hole artic roll, but the holly grayel would pudding chips & gravy saturday dinner GARY
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Sorry can't make it today. Our rental tenants have changed their minds and decided to buy a bungalow. They've wasted six weeks of my time! Everything for oz is booked and yet I have no tenants. Don't really feel very good at the moment so I've decided to give the meet a miss. Hope it goes well for everyone else.

Caroline
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Sorry can't make it today. Our rental tenants have changed their minds and decided to buy a bungalow. They've wasted six weeks of my time! Everything for oz is booked and yet I have no tenants. Don't really feel very good at the moment so I've decided to give the meet a miss. Hope it goes well for everyone else.

Caroline
So so very sorry about your rental chuck, sorry you weren't at the meet but that is so understanable. REally hope your agent finds you another tennant well in time for your flights hun. Take care, try to keep your chin up even though i can imagine how bleeding difficult it is at this precise moment for you.
Vic's, R & E xx
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Had a nice day at the meet yesterday it was great to finally meet vicky, also got loads of great info from Chris (beasty boy ) thanks Chris, And to
( Vauge) Kate and Andrew your 3 girls are just adorable and I cant see them having any problems making friends in oz,

Carolinemarie so sorry to hear about your tennants,ive got my fingers crossed you get things sorted Good luck ,
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Vague is an unknown quantity at this point

It was lovely to meet you all. I really enjoyed it. It would have been well worth turning up, even if it was just for the story about the passports going in the container. I will be extra vigilant about that now!

What a shame we were all going to different parts of Aus though.

The girls enjoyed it it too. Jess would love to stay in touch with Alyesha (have I spelt that right?). Vicky, is it ok if I PM you with Jess' email address for her?

(Vague) Kate
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Ditto

Nice to meet you all, just sorry I had to feed our two as we normally stay a lot longer. In hindsight I should've fed them first!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Ps

I hope you all sell your houses very very soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.