Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:16 pm
  #31  
beach bum
 
ponyrama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Snowy Mountains, NSW
Posts: 1,995
ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x
Its a popular route - Wigan - Warrington - Wollongong! I'm originally a Billinge girl, so budge up and lets chat visa desperation!
ponyrama is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:42 pm
  #32  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
Its a popular route - Wigan - Warrington - Wollongong! I'm originally a Billinge girl, so budge up and lets chat visa desperation!
I too am a Billinge girl, well born there, it came under merseyside then. I lived in Winstanley for 10 years! Right now Wigan Warrington or where-ever in the UK I don't want to be here. Give me sun, the beech life, barbies and vino anyday. Desperation can stay in the UK.
carolinemaria is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:16 pm
  #33  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
I too am a Billinge girl, well born there, it came under merseyside then. I lived in Winstanley for 10 years! Right now Wigan Warrington or where-ever in the UK I don't want to be here. Give me sun, the beech life, barbies and vino anyday. Desperation can stay in the UK.
Well so sorry gals but i'm lancashire through and through, was born in lancaster,dragged up in Preston every since, dying to get out of here for sunnier climes though. OH is a bit more interesting, he was born in Yorkshire, moved up north east, then down to lancashite (as he calls it) to out breed us and ended up wi me. My biological parents we're both born in Sheffield. My adopted dad is half Scotch and hald Irish so you get a misture of everything (apart from Wigan) wi me i'm affraid. Although i do work wi a lod of peeps formWigan if that counts

Desperation is being left behind when we go gals, us Lancashire gals will take over OZ. Wollengong here i come, anyone is welcome Whether Wigan Warrington or anywhere else in the UK.
vickys is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:49 pm
  #34  
Karoola!!!!!!
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Karoola
Posts: 487
GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
Well so sorry gals but i'm lancashire through and through, was born in lancaster,dragged up in Preston every since, dying to get out of here for sunnier climes though. OH is a bit more interesting, he was born in Yorkshire, moved up north east, then down to lancashite (as he calls it) to out breed us and ended up wi me. My biological parents we're both born in Sheffield. My adopted dad is half Scotch and hald Irish so you get a misture of everything (apart from Wigan) wi me i'm affraid. Although i do work wi a lod of peeps formWigan if that counts

Desperation is being left behind when we go gals, us Lancashire gals will take over OZ. Wollengong here i come, anyone is welcome Whether Wigan Warrington or anywhere else in the UK.
Hi all you Wiganiese people.
You should go to the meets they are great fun and the Havister is a superb location, Me and my wife used to help organise the meets before we flew out to Tassie and you get to meet some lovely people and make some new friends, We are still in touch with a few of the people we met at the meets and even went over to Melbourne to meet one of the girls and her daughter.
Everyone is friendly and can give you tips on things to help the move.
The only problem for the people from Wigan when they get out here is the pies are nowhere near as good as ones in the UK!!!! Not seen a decent meat and potatoe pie or a cheese and onion!!!!
You all have a good time and take care!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump
GaryVFR8 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:32 am
  #35  
beach bum
 
ponyrama's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Snowy Mountains, NSW
Posts: 1,995
ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 View Post
Hi all you Wiganiese people.
You should go to the meets they are great fun and the Havister is a superb location, Me and my wife used to help organise the meets before we flew out to Tassie and you get to meet some lovely people and make some new friends, We are still in touch with a few of the people we met at the meets and even went over to Melbourne to meet one of the girls and her daughter.
Everyone is friendly and can give you tips on things to help the move.
The only problem for the people from Wigan when they get out here is the pies are nowhere near as good as ones in the UK!!!! Not seen a decent meat and potatoe pie or a cheese and onion!!!!
You all have a good time and take care!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump

Well then, I'm changing my visa route and going on a Business Investment visa - gonna set up "ye olde Wigan pie shoppe" and save the brits in Oz by providing the best pies in the southern hemisphere.
ponyrama is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:58 am
  #36  
Karoola!!!!!!
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Karoola
Posts: 487
GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
Well then, I'm changing my visa route and going on a Business Investment visa - gonna set up "ye olde Wigan pie shoppe" and save the brits in Oz by providing the best pies in the southern hemisphere.
Hope you do,
Good pie would go down great, We have a bakery in Scotsdale in Tasmania called Pooles!!!!! Not had the pleasure of trying them yet. Got a good bakery with lovely cakes and his pies are ok but not as good as UK ones, Also not found a real meat pie, Meat pies here are more like minced meat.
Anyway good luck on your move over however you get over,
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump
GaryVFR8 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:28 am
  #37  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x
I'm from Manchester originally lived in Wigan for a spell, but grew up in St. Helens. I now live in Billinge

If we've never been before, how will we know who everyone is? Is there some sort of ice-breaker? Think i'm too shy for this!!!

Originally Posted by vickys View Post


Damn, people have clicked onto the real me, that's really worrying you do realise babe. I think i'll go even if my hubby doesn't manage to get the time off, i'm just conscious as i'm a really shy person and i'm cr4p on face to face without a vino or two - a taxi from the rebook could be very expensive Nah i will be there, honest i will

</IMG></IMG>
I'm shy, if you go, i'll go

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
Its a popular route - Wigan - Warrington - Wollongong! I'm originally a Billinge girl, so budge up and lets chat visa desperation!
Hey, I live in Billinge!!!

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
I too am a Billinge girl, well born there, it came under merseyside then. I lived in Winstanley for 10 years! Right now Wigan Warrington or where-ever in the UK I don't want to be here. Give me sun, the beech life, barbies and vino anyday. Desperation can stay in the UK.
Another one

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 View Post
Hope you do,
Good pie would go down great, We have a bakery in Scotsdale in Tasmania called Pooles!!!!! Not had the pleasure of trying them yet. Got a good bakery with lovely cakes and his pies are ok but not as good as UK ones, Also not found a real meat pie, Meat pies here are more like minced meat.
Anyway good luck on your move over however you get over,
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump
I guess if we can't find work in Oz, we can always get together and open our own pie shop!
mary1967 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:28 pm
  #38  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
beasty boy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Please count us in for any of those dates, Hopefully moving to OZ second
week in sept so it will our last meet c u soon M.C.F AND EXPATS.:th umbsup::th umbsup:
beasty boy is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:37 pm
  #39  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
I'm from Manchester originally lived in Wigan for a spell, but grew up in St. Helens. I now live in Billinge

If we've never been before, how will we know who everyone is? Is there some sort of ice-breaker? Think i'm too shy for this!!!



I'm shy, if you go, i'll go



Hey, I live in Billinge!!!



Another one



I guess if we can't find work in Oz, we can always get together and open our own pie shop!
Ok then you lot have convinced me, i'm definately comin, I do have another challenge before i move though..... to make a decent pie then i can have a branch of your shops in Sydney.. we'll make it an OZ national company together....Northerners in control of the southern hemisphere!!!!!

So for those of you who like lists can we start one for attendees, and for the powers that be has a date been decided on yet
vickys is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:25 pm
  #40  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
mad city fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Where the sun always shines
Posts: 3,627
mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Well guys lets set that date seem to have quite a few that can make any and a few for the 14th june, so heres the date

LANCASHIRE MEET PART 7 14TH JUNE.

the venue is set at the harvester in Bolton, but if anyone can think of anywhere else quite central all ideas are welcome , The harvester is a great central place but not much space for the kids to play, so guys looking forward to meeting you all soon till then enjoy
mad city fan is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:31 pm
  #41  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
mad city fan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Where the sun always shines
Posts: 3,627
mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by beasty boy View Post
Please count us in for any of those dates, Hopefully moving to OZ second
week in sept so it will our last meet c u soon M.C.F AND EXPATS.::: thumbsup:
Hey Beasty hows things, hows the house sale comming along, so your set for september did you see garys post its no longer Gary and Vicky its Gary Vicky and BUMP looking forward to seeing you both again, well Good luck with the house and have fun packing
mad city fan is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:50 am
  #42  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mad city fan View Post
Well guys lets set that date seem to have quite a few that can make any and a few for the 14th june, so heres the date

LANCASHIRE MEET PART 7 14TH JUNE.

the venue is set at the harvester in Bolton, but if anyone can think of anywhere else quite central all ideas are welcome , The harvester is a great central place but not much space for the kids to play, so guys looking forward to meeting you all soon till then enjoy


Count me in!!!!
mary1967 is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:52 am
  #43  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
Ok then you lot have convinced me, i'm definately comin, I do have another challenge before i move though..... to make a decent pie then i can have a branch of your shops in Sydney.. we'll make it an OZ national company together....Northerners in control of the southern hemisphere!!!!!

So for those of you who like lists can we start one for attendees, and for the powers that be has a date been decided on yet


Can you make the 14th Vicky?
mary1967 is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:44 pm
  #44  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Question Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Can you make the 14th Vicky?
Oh yes, so long as i'm not the only Newbie going i'll be there with my daughter (Elisha 9 years old) and the hubby if he's not working. It is the school fair on that day but i'm sure i can miss that as i've done every year so far

Anyone else with a 9 ish year old girl going??
vickys is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:10 pm
  #45  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
Oh yes, so long as i'm not the only Newbie going i'll be there with my daughter (Elisha 9 years old) and the hubby if he's not working. It is the school fair on that day but i'm sure i can miss that as i've done every year so far

Anyone else with a 9 ish year old girl going??
Hi glad you've decided to go (and you Mary). No 9 year old (but I could borrow a neighbours kid - they spend most of their time in my house). Mine are 14 (girl), nearly 13 (boy) and 5 (girl who loves playing with 9 year olds).

SEE YOU THERE
Caroline
carolinemaria is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.