British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/lancashire-meet-part-7-manchester-cheshire-wirral-522792/)

mad city fan Mar 31st 2008 8:04 am

Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6134051)
Any room for a little one? :unsure::o

of course, the more the merrier :thumbsup:

ponyrama Mar 31st 2008 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6135499)
of course, the more the merrier :thumbsup:

Cool - if I can make the date I'll be there! :thumbup:

carolinemaria Apr 3rd 2008 11:05 am

Haven't been to a meet before sounds really good. Checked our busy social diary and yes we are available on ANY of those dates. Thats me, OH (Keith) and kids (Meg 14 Lewis 13 and Billy (girl) 5). CAN'T WAIT, let us know the final date. Do we need to wear a red rose to be identified (or will a large brim hat with corks be ok)

Caroline

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6152377)
Haven't been to a meet before sounds really good. Checked our busy social diary and yes we are available on ANY of those dates. Thats me, OH (Keith) and kids (Meg 14 Lewis 13 and Billy (girl) 5). CAN'T WAIT, let us know the final date. Do we need to wear a red rose to be identified (or will a large brim hat with corks be ok)

Caroline

Hi Caroline you can a red rose and a corked hat if ya wish :D so where abouts in oz are you heading,

GaryVFR8 Apr 3rd 2008 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6154768)
Hi Caroline you can a red rose and a corked hat if ya wish :D so where abouts in oz are you heading,

Hi everyone over in the UK,
Sounds good that the Lancashire meets are going well!!!!
How are you all doing, Things going really well over here for me Vikky and Bump,
Working for the Commonwelath Bank in a call centre in Launceston. Pay is good for what I am doing I'm earning 43k per year.
Bought ourselves a new car and are now getting ready for the birth in mid June. Love to here from you and hope to meet up with some of you when you get out here. Its fantastic. Good luck to you all and have lots of fun at the meets.
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 (Post 6155127)
Hi everyone over in the UK,
Sounds good that the Lancashire meets are going well!!!!
How are you all doing, Things going really well over here for me Vikky and Bump,
Working for the Commonwelath Bank in a call centre in Launceston. Pay is good for what I am doing I'm earning 43k per year.
Bought ourselves a new car and are now getting ready for the birth in mid June. Love to here from you and hope to meet up with some of you when you get out here. Its fantastic. Good luck to you all and have lots of fun at the meets.
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

Gary Vicky and BUMP :eek:
CONGRATUBLOODYATIONS Fab news there Gary :thumbsup: give Vicky all our love and wishing you both all the very best :thumbsup:

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 9:41 pm

me trying to type with more than one finger I meant to say you can WEAR :o

vickys Apr 3rd 2008 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6155589)
me trying to type with more than one finger I meant to say you can WEAR :o

So long as you had alcahol in the other hand i think most people on here will let ya off:)

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 6155723)
So long as you had alcahol in the other hand i think most people on here will let ya off:)

I DId :rofl::rofl: but it has all gone now :thumbsup:

carolinemaria Apr 4th 2008 12:17 pm

Hoping to go to Perth, still researching other places, but kids say Perth or nothing!! Little dictators! How about u?

mad city fan Apr 4th 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6158357)
Hoping to go to Perth, still researching other places, but kids say Perth or nothing!! Little dictators! How about u?

were heading to Brisbane putting the house on the market next week hopefully so as soon as it sells were off :thumbsup:

mary1967 Apr 6th 2008 10:41 am

Just found this thread, was wondering how everyone arranged to meet up:rofl:

We live near Wigan, so i'd love to pop along to the next one, probably need a few vodka's for dutch courage!!!

Any date suggested should be fine with me.

vickys Apr 6th 2008 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6166524)

We live near Wigan, so i'd love to pop along to the next one, probably need a few vodka's for dutch courage!!!

Welcome Mary,
We've never been to a meet before and i've known about this since at least July last year, i always think about going and really want to but then chicken out a few days before. Hope this fact helps you to pluck up the courage to attend the next one as i do intend going and i WILL have the b4lls this time:)

PS has anyone decided on which date we are going for yet?

carolinemaria Apr 6th 2008 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6166524)

Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x

vickys Apr 6th 2008 8:11 pm

:D

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6169199)
Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x

Damn, people have clicked onto the real me, that's really worrying you do realise babe. I think i'll go even if my hubby doesn't manage to get the time off, i'm just conscious as i'm a really shy person and i'm cr4p on face to face without a vino or two - a taxi from the rebook could be very expensive:rofl: Nah i will be there, honest i will

</IMG></IMG>