Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

aprilkeogh will become famous soon enoughaprilkeogh will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys
I was being nice not telling her everything on day one - i've not done anything else for months apart from walk to the kitchen and back for another wine!!!
Initial thoughts were Brisbane or Melboune, Brisbane sounds great and exactly what we are after apart from the insects - well actually its just the mozzies!!! Suppose we need to decide how big a deal that is. Melbourne again sounds great but bit wary of the weather if i'm moving accross the otherside of the world i want to wake up to sunshine and off what i've read it can be similar to Britain alot of the time. This is why we need to talk to people and get more information - I am so worried about making a bad decision for the family so want to make sure we've got as many points of view as poss.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aprilkeogh
Hello!

Kind of stumbled on your message about meeting up in UK - we only registered on this site yesterday, as we are seriously considering upping sticks and moving out there. It would be really helpful if we could talk to other people who have either done it or are considering doing it.
Basically we have two small kids (4,2) and we want a more family focused relaxed life - we're really busy and feel there has to be something better out there and this might just be it. If we dont do it now we might never get the chance again!
When is your meet? Can anyone come along? If not could you point me in the right direction?

April and Ed
Welcome April and Ed. Hope you can make it to the meet. We've all been through (or are going through) the visa stage so it will be a fantastic opportunity for you to pick our brains. Although you do turn to drink during the process so some of us have pickled brains.

Look forward to meeting you

Caroline & crew
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad city fan
come on guys any more for anymore for the Lancashire meet part 8
23rd August 1pm at the Harvester Bolton get ya names down and come along,
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this one, been trying to get to one for ages now and something always crops up. Marked it in the diary and told the wife to turn down anyhting other than a buyer for the house

It'll be me, the wife and little warrior
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[ [/QUOTE]

Sold off car now, so cant attend anymore , off to S Harbour 08/08/08.

All the best to you NW guys, hope your hopes and dreams come to fruition.

Dave
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this one, been trying to get to one for ages now and something always crops up. Marked it in the diary and told the wife to turn down anyhting other than a buyer for the house

It'll be me, the wife and little warrior
Looking forward to meeting you guys, Good luck with the house selling, waiting for the visas being granted I thought was nail biting, but its nothing compared to trying to get a veiwer, Know how ya feeling got me fingers crosssed for ya
UOTE=mindblower;6619471][ [/QUOTE]

Sold off car now, so cant attend anymore , off to S Harbour 08/08/08.

All the best to you NW guys, hope your hopes and dreams come to fruition.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Wehey Good for you Dave, so I take it you have sold the house ? 08/08/08 wow what a great date to go on, wishing you a great life down under, go Dave
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:02 am
Just Joined

aprilkeogh will become famous soon enoughaprilkeogh will become famous soon enough

Should i bring the kids then or not?? Obviously want to have time to chat so dont want to be running round after 2 and 4yr old, but if there are other kids there then they will play quite happily. If not - no probs I'll get a babysitter in
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Should i bring the kids then or not?? Obviously want to have time to chat so dont want to be running round after 2 and 4yr old, but if there are other kids there then they will play quite happily. If not - no probs I'll get a babysitter in
Hi aprilkeogh, kids are more than welcome to come along, there was quite a few children who came to the last meet, but if I get any offers for someone to have mine for the day I will be definatley be taking them up on it
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Bring the kiddies my daughter will chase them around all day, she's used to little ones and loves playing at mummy, at nearly 10 years i suppose it's understandable
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

I think we will bring them then, a few packs of crisps and sweets and I'm sure they'll be fine. If not then I'll learn my lesson, leave with my head hung in shame and wont bring them to the next one (assuming there are more)
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Wehey Good for you Dave, so I take it you have sold the house ? 08/08/08 wow what a great date to go on, wishing you a great life down under, go

Thanks but leaving house for sale with solicitors ( power of attorney)
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vickys
Bring the kiddies my daughter will chase them around all day, she's used to little ones and loves playing at mummy, at nearly 10 years i suppose it's understandable

Ours are 10 and 11 both girls they are great at baby sitting so don't panic......we don't charge either so everyones a winner!!!!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Vague is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

this is the first time I've posted on this thread but I'm hoping we can join you on your meet-up?

We just got ours visas a week or so ago and we're heading out for Adelaide in January.

We also have three kids - rubbish at babysitting I'm afraid as they are just 3, 5 and 8 but they'll be good company for the other little ones.

It would be brilliant to get together and chat to some other people in the same boat. So can we come?

(Vague) Kate
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

The more the merrier, see the Lancs meet part 8 for details

Cx
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Vague congrats on the visa's and welcome to the mad house, i'm off to find lancs meet part 8 catch you there
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

When's the next lancs meet. Need to get to at least one!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.