Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:05 pm
  #211  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 107
beasty boy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Thanks mad city fan for arranging the meet - enjoyed it more this time as I could relax and watch you do all the work! It would be nice if you did arrange another meet before we go as it is only 11 weeks now to countdown. If you don't have another before then we will hopefully see you in Oz.
beasty boy is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:34 am
  #212  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Wigan, Lancs
Posts: 12
Ovalkeith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Was good to meet everyone and share stories.

If there's another before September, then we'll be there.

We've got a busy weekend ahead with Anglo-pacific coming out and three estate agents......anyone want to buy a house?

Cheers
Keith, Tracey
Abigail, Ethan
Ovalkeith is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:00 am
  #213  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Nice to hear everyone had such a good time, sounds like you did a cracking job Mad City Fan - so annoying we couldn't make it

Looks like we'll be here for most of the summer (except 17th - 24th July), so if you want to do it all over again, we'll definately be there.
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:44 pm
  #214  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Nice to hear everyone had such a good time, sounds like you did a cracking job Mad City Fan - so annoying we couldn't make it

Looks like we'll be here for most of the summer (except 17th - 24th July), so if you want to do it all over again, we'll definately be there.
Hi Mary, so sorry you couldn't make it. If you want I'll pop over to Wigan and we could have a mini-meet. Maybe Vicky may want to as she didn't make it either (at least I think she didn't). On hols for a week this Friday (minus kids-yipee) so have a think about it. Don't worry if you don't want - I know it can be daunting meeting new peeps (but honest I don't bite).
Cheers Caroline x.
carolinemaria is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:09 pm
  #215  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, so sorry you couldn't make it. If you want I'll pop over to Wigan and we could have a mini-meet. Maybe Vicky may want to as she didn't make it either (at least I think she didn't). On hols for a week this Friday (minus kids-yipee) so have a think about it. Don't worry if you don't want - I know it can be daunting meeting new peeps (but honest I don't bite).
Cheers Caroline x.


Sounds a really good idea............how about we meet up half way one Saturday or Sunday?
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:19 pm
  #216  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, so sorry you couldn't make it. If you want I'll pop over to Wigan and we could have a mini-meet. Maybe Vicky may want to as she didn't make it either (at least I think she didn't). On hols for a week this Friday (minus kids-yipee) so have a think about it. Don't worry if you don't want - I know it can be daunting meeting new peeps (but honest I don't bite).
Cheers Caroline x.
So sorry guys i've had a cr4p time with the family recently, haven't really been on here until yesterday apart from talking about shipping and which company to use. I'm hoping that all the family stuff is sorted now, well as far as it can be at this time so i'll be at the next one. Wherever that may be. A mini meet somewhere would be good too.

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Sounds a really good idea............how about we meet up half way one Saturday or Sunday?
Either saturday or sunday would be fine with me i've got my sat nav so if you give me a postcode i'll be fine. I have got an appointment with a Clairvoyant next saturday though in Huddersfield so i couldn't make it then. Is everyone ok?
vickys is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:07 am
  #217  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
So sorry guys i've had a cr4p time with the family recently, haven't really been on here until yesterday apart from talking about shipping and which company to use. I'm hoping that all the family stuff is sorted now, well as far as it can be at this time so i'll be at the next one. Wherever that may be. A mini meet somewhere would be good too.



Either saturday or sunday would be fine with me i've got my sat nav so if you give me a postcode i'll be fine. I have got an appointment with a Clairvoyant next saturday though in Huddersfield so i couldn't make it then. Is everyone ok?


Sorry to hear you're having a bad time with family - I'm quite lucky (or unlucky) in that i've got no close family at all.

I'm away from the 17th July for a week, so any weekend apart from then would be good (think we might have a viewing on Saturday - bit of a strange one!!!)

We'll need to find out when Caroline's free and then sort out a date and place convenient for us all.
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:31 am
  #218  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 47
JoanneG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Hi All

Sorry not been on for a while had quite a lot to sort myself, wont bore u with details. I'd love to meet too if u dont mind..

Just let me know when

Joanne x x
JoanneG is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:20 pm
  #219  
Forum Regular
 
Jamesfam's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 93
Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Sorry not been on here since the last meet, but would like to thank MadCityFan for arranging it. We really enjoyed and there were more children there this time for Reece to run around with! Met some more lovely people, who again are going to the same area as us, so hopefully we can stay in touch and meet in Oz as well. We would love to meet up again before September. TC Clare, Marc, Reece (& Joe who wasn't there) xx
Jamesfam is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:46 pm
  #220  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by JoanneG View Post
Hi All

Sorry not been on for a while had quite a lot to sort myself, wont bore u with details. I'd love to meet too if u dont mind..

Just let me know when

Joanne x x


You're welcome to come along - we've just got to sort out where and when.
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:04 pm
  #221  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
You're welcome to come along - we've just got to sort out where and when.
Hi Mary, just got back from hols. Very hot and sunny. I'm working alt Saturdays, but any Sunday for me is fine. Do you want to meetup before or after your hol? How was the house viewing - any luck?

Caroline x
carolinemaria is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:53 pm
  #222  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, just got back from hols. Very hot and sunny. I'm working alt Saturdays, but any Sunday for me is fine. Do you want to meetup before or after your hol? How was the house viewing - any luck?

Caroline x
Hope you had a great stress free holiday - any news on the visa?

How about Sunday the 6th July? I know Vicky (Preston) and Joanne (St. Helens) want to join us - I guess now it's just where? Any ideas?

The arranged viewing went well, the EA said they loved it and will be putting an offer in as soon as they've sold theirs:curse: Bloody typical!!!

We had the son of a woman who lives across the road come over to ask about the house last Sunday - Mick offered to let him view, but he said he didn't have time and then offered him 5k below the asking price for a quick sale Anyway, Mick said he'd have to talk to me first and suggested he come and view this weekend - we've heard nothing since and my stress level is now at fever pitch. I don't know if he's coming to view and if he is, i've no idea what time. Mick casually mentioned to me tonight that he's not sure if he said Saturday or Sunday for the viewing:curse:
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
  #223  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Hope you had a great stress free holiday - any news on the visa?

How about Sunday the 6th July? I know Vicky (Preston) and Joanne (St. Helens) want to join us - I guess now it's just where? Any ideas?

The arranged viewing went well, the EA said they loved it and will be putting an offer in as soon as they've sold theirs:curse: Bloody typical!!!

We had the son of a woman who lives across the road come over to ask about the house last Sunday - Mick offered to let him view, but he said he didn't have time and then offered him 5k below the asking price for a quick sale Anyway, Mick said he'd have to talk to me first and suggested he come and view this weekend - we've heard nothing since and my stress level is now at fever pitch. I don't know if he's coming to view and if he is, i've no idea what time. Mick casually mentioned to me tonight that he's not sure if he said Saturday or Sunday for the viewing:curse:
Typical fella's if you ask me, one way or another you WILL sell it really soon, i can feel it in the water. Hopefully we will too and all of us lot can go on the same flights or at least at the same ish time from Manchester. Hope the vino has settled in now and your stress levels have come down a little babe. Did he turn up at some point over this weekend??

Take care chick
vickys is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:27 pm
  #224  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
Typical fella's if you ask me, one way or another you WILL sell it really soon, i can feel it in the water. Hopefully we will too and all of us lot can go on the same flights or at least at the same ish time from Manchester. Hope the vino has settled in now and your stress levels have come down a little babe. Did he turn up at some point over this weekend??

Take care chick


Mick went over on Saturday afternoon to ask his mother what time he was coming over to view, she turned round and said he wasn't bothering now:curse:

I've been practising my 'if looks could kill glare' for the next time i see him
mary1967 is offline  
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:40 pm
  #225  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Mick went over on Saturday afternoon to ask his mother what time he was coming over to view, she turned round and said he wasn't bothering now:curse:

I've been practising my 'if looks could kill glare' for the next time i see him
You go girl, every single time you see the little s*1t that's not nice at all
good luck for better realistic viewers this week babe. Hopefully by sunday we'll both have had loads of viewers booked in
vickys is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.