Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Old May 22nd 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Ah poor you two, no viewers must be awful, we're off to sort out an EA at the weekend as we are nearly ready for it to go up now, we'll see how things go. The local papers are saying that things are on the up and there are more houses being sold now so here's hoping, i did notice that one around the corner from me has just had a sold sign put on it so there is hope. mind you having said that i have said to my OH that we'd have a h3ll of a lot to do if it sold in like a couple of weeks

Good luck and fingers crossed for you both
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:48 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
At least you've had a viewer. We had two early on and neither in a position to buy!!! Waste of time cleaning. We haven't had a viewer since March 15th despite dropping the price by 15K. There are more and more houses going up for sale in our village so the competition is tough! Today I checked the Warrington Guardian and noticed our EA has reduced her advertising space by half!!!!

Just wish we could all get a few more viewers, put it back to a sellers market, now wouldn't that be good???
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Hello Everyone

I have just found this thread and know its a bit short notice but was wondering if we could come along to the meet?

There would be me Jill, Hubby Warren and 2 boys 11 and 6.

Jill
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Welcome to the mad house guys, i'm sure it won't be a problem the more the merrier, and i'm certainly happy for you to come. look forward to seeing you there
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Thanks Vickys

I am really nervous now. Im excited to meet other families in the same position but I am a shy person.
I,ve read the other posts and it seems there are others who feel the same so at least I wont be on my own in feeling that way.
We have never been to a meet before and was wondering what happens?
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by THORPES
Thanks Vickys

I am really nervous now. Im excited to meet other families in the same position but I am a shy person.
I,ve read the other posts and it seems there are others who feel the same so at least I wont be on my own in feeling that way.
Hiya, really pleased your coming. I've never been to a meet before but I suspect it's more of a social thing - so nothing to worry about. See you in a few weeks then.

Caroline x
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya, really pleased your coming. I've never been to a meet before but I suspect it's more of a social thing - so nothing to worry about. See you in a few weeks then.

Caroline x
See you soon. Im looking forward to it.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THORPES
Thanks Vickys

I've never been either and neither have many others, i know myself, Caroline and Mary have definately never been before and that we are all feeling the same or we were, Caroline doesn't seem as nervous these days but i am. I've come to the conclusion that i'm sending in my daughter first so she can break the ice with people and then me and my OH will follow on behind. I like to help her in her assertiveness and confidence you know??!!!! (Well that's what i'm sticking too anyway and it does sound good in my opininon

Don't worry about it at all though i also get the impression its more of a social thing and i've heard so many positives from others it can't be that bad. We'll all understand each other too being form the same sort of area's and in the same boat too
Old May 24th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vickys
I've never been either and neither have many others, i know myself, Caroline and Mary have definately never been before and that we are all feeling the same or we were, Caroline doesn't seem as nervous these days but i am. I've come to the conclusion that i'm sending in my daughter first so she can break the ice with people and then me and my OH will follow on behind. I like to help her in her assertiveness and confidence you know??!!!! (Well that's what i'm sticking too anyway and it does sound good in my opininon

Don't worry about it at all though i also get the impression its more of a social thing and i've heard so many positives from others it can't be that bad. We'll all understand each other too being form the same sort of area's and in the same boat too
that sounds a good idea. I might send in my son 1st also.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:11 pm

I'm still nervous and will definitely be hiding behind my two kids
Old May 26th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi Vicky, I'm not nervous as I'm bringing my secret weapon ...... my dad! He wants (with my mum if we can persuade her) to live out there with us and has been reading a lot of posts on BE. My dad (Frank) is VERY chatty and VERY confident and often embarrassing as he asks so many questions in his search for knowledge!!! But, he is great fun and thinks he still a teenager!!

Caroline
Old May 27th 2008, 5:36 pm

Hi Vicky, I'm not nervous as I'm bringing my secret weapon ...... my dad! He wants (with my mum if we can persuade her) to live out there with us and has been reading a lot of posts on BE. My dad (Frank) is VERY chatty and VERY confident and often embarrassing as he asks so many questions in his search for knowledge!!! But, he is great fun and thinks he still a teenager!!

Caroline

Can't wait to meet him
Old May 27th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline
Well that's it sorted then we'll all just wait for your dad in the car park. I'm still nervous but i'm sure it'll be ok, i always get apprehensive going somewhere for the first time. Knowing me i'll miss the junction despite going shopping at the reebok regularly
Old May 30th 2008, 12:07 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Hi all,

When is this meet up? (sorry, too lazy to read thru whole post & find out)

I have planned to come to others b4 now but something has always come up.
I'd love to come along! with my OH & son (connor, 12)

Plz could someone fill me in with all the details.

P.S I too am very shy

Last edited by karlakoala; May 30th 2008 at 12:37 pm.
Old May 30th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karlakoala
Hi all,

When is this meet up? (sorry, too lazy to read thru whole post & find out)

I have planned to come to others b4 now but something has always come up.
I'd love to come along! with my OH & son (connor, 12)

Plz could someone fill me in with all the details.

P.S I too am very shy
Hi KarlaKoala

It's on sat 14th June at The Harvester, Horwich Park, Bolton at 1pm.

Jill
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.