Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Old May 10th 2008, 12:21 am
  #136  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by kendalanita View Post
Hi there, yes we have thought about that, we said we would give it about Sept (6 months) and by then the summer selling time will be over. We will then look into renting it out. We got the rental folk round before we left just to give us an idea of how much we would get in rental and although its not as much as we pay out here it will pay our mortgage the other end with some left over. At the moment (and I never thought I would say this) I'm not that bothered about selling it cos I'm not 100% sure I definitely want to stay and if we went back I would definitely want that house cos its gorgeous! Will keep you posted! x


Feel like that about my house, it's so frustrating that people just aren't viewing, never mind buying, especially when i think it's lovely

I'm really sorry that you're having a bad time, especially knowing the stress you've had to go through trying to get there in the first place.

Maybe you'll feel differently when you've been there a while One of the things we've said is that if we don't like it we'll come back, not as failures but as people who've at least had a go. I guess the advantage of keeping the house is that it's easy to come back and continue where you left off, which i guess is also a big disadvantage, certainly for me at any rate, i need all or nothing

Keep me posted on how you get on - you can always send a PM if you wanna talk privately.
mary1967 is offline  
Old May 10th 2008, 1:04 am
  #137  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 386
kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Feel like that about my house, it's so frustrating that people just aren't viewing, never mind buying, especially when i think it's lovely

I'm really sorry that you're having a bad time, especially knowing the stress you've had to go through trying to get there in the first place.

Maybe you'll feel differently when you've been there a while One of the things we've said is that if we don't like it we'll come back, not as failures but as people who've at least had a go. I guess the advantage of keeping the house is that it's easy to come back and continue where you left off, which i guess is also a big disadvantage, certainly for me at any rate, i need all or nothing

Keep me posted on how you get on - you can always send a PM if you wanna talk privately.
Thanks for that I will certainly keep you posted. That's a good motta though to keep in mind cos I know I would feel a failure if I went back. I have talked of little else for 15 years of 'one day when I live in Australia' and then to go back would be awful. More awful than that is that my one and only daughter lives here (Cairns) and I desperately want to be closer to her than a 24 hour flight away and seeing her once a year - so I really do want this to work. Thing is OH is so desperately unhappy (I know that might change) that I feel like I am being torn - it's early days yet so will keep plodding on. x
kendalanita is offline  
Old May 11th 2008, 11:03 pm
  #138  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
That's how i feel Caroline, we're in a nice area, excellent schools on the doorstep, but no viewers

Did i tell you that back in February my OH turned down an offer cause it was 6k less than the asking price? :curse: I still remind him on a daily basis
So glad you are a bit more chilled Mary, we've been working out but's off this weekend trying to get the work done that's needed to sell our house, i envisage that within the next couple of weeks we'll get it up for sale. Who knows when it'll sell though. They have, in recent years been going like hotcakes but you never know at the moment with the market the way it is. We've not even decided which EA to use yet or anything, my OH doesn't seem to be in a rush but then he says that he wants to go in the first week in September, aren't men so infuriating???!!!

Mind you i stil can't believe what your's did, so glad that you can remind him so often though.

As for the meet i can't wait, i'm sure that Caroline will have her visa by then and i really really hope you'll have yours too. Mind you if you've both sold your places then that'll be fanbleedingtastic


Originally Posted by kendalanita View Post
Thanks for that I will certainly keep you posted. That's a good motta though to keep in mind cos I know I would feel a failure if I went back. I have talked of little else for 15 years of 'one day when I live in Australia' and then to go back would be awful. More awful than that is that my one and only daughter lives here (Cairns) and I desperately want to be closer to her than a 24 hour flight away and seeing her once a year - so I really do want this to work. Thing is OH is so desperately unhappy (I know that might change) that I feel like I am being torn - it's early days yet so will keep plodding on. x
Kendalanita,
keep your chin up chuck, you've only been there four weeks. The housing market is slowly picking up here, you're financial worries are probably making it seem a lot worse than it actually is (of course i could be totally wrong too). So sorry for you feeling torn, it must be awful and i really wish i could do something to make you all feel better. I hope things get better really soon for you. In the mean time though feel free to post on our meet up thread we'll all support you, we're a great bunch. (althoguh having said that i'm not too sure the Harvester staff will be saying that after the meet!!!)
vickys is offline  
Old May 12th 2008, 1:04 am
  #139  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 386
kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by vickys View Post
So glad you are a bit more chilled Mary, we've been working out but's off this weekend trying to get the work done that's needed to sell our house, i envisage that within the next couple of weeks we'll get it up for sale. Who knows when it'll sell though. They have, in recent years been going like hotcakes but you never know at the moment with the market the way it is. We've not even decided which EA to use yet or anything, my OH doesn't seem to be in a rush but then he says that he wants to go in the first week in September, aren't men so infuriating???!!!

Mind you i stil can't believe what your's did, so glad that you can remind him so often though.

As for the meet i can't wait, i'm sure that Caroline will have her visa by then and i really really hope you'll have yours too. Mind you if you've both sold your places then that'll be fanbleedingtastic




Kendalanita,
keep your chin up chuck, you've only been there four weeks. The housing market is slowly picking up here, you're financial worries are probably making it seem a lot worse than it actually is (of course i could be totally wrong too). So sorry for you feeling torn, it must be awful and i really wish i could do something to make you all feel better. I hope things get better really soon for you. In the mean time though feel free to post on our meet up thread we'll all support you, we're a great bunch. (althoguh having said that i'm not too sure the Harvester staff will be saying that after the meet!!!)
Thanks so much for that, I know we've not been here long and we need to give it longer just wished the job thing was more sorted and he can go back to what he is used to - he loves his job and that is all he wants to do and all he keeps saying is 'I gave up my brilliant job back home, to come here for half pay and its not even sorted yet' plus things are so expensive now here so that's all adds to the pressure! I just feel gutted for him, he looks so unhappy, he's been in tears a few times just dont know what to do or say to him. Just wished we had got somewhere where there was a bit more going on and even if we had had a crap week there was something nice to do on a weekend but its not exactly buzzing round here!
kendalanita is offline  
Old May 12th 2008, 12:37 pm
  #140  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by kendalanita View Post
Thanks so much for that, I know we've not been here long and we need to give it longer just wished the job thing was more sorted and he can go back to what he is used to - he loves his job and that is all he wants to do and all he keeps saying is 'I gave up my brilliant job back home, to come here for half pay and its not even sorted yet' plus things are so expensive now here so that's all adds to the pressure! I just feel gutted for him, he looks so unhappy, he's been in tears a few times just dont know what to do or say to him. Just wished we had got somewhere where there was a bit more going on and even if we had had a crap week there was something nice to do on a weekend but its not exactly buzzing round here!
You could always try a different area in Perth but still be close to your daughter and maybe he could find another job. Myheart goes out to you chuck good luck and like i said before we're all here for you if you need us
vickys is offline  
Old May 14th 2008, 11:34 pm
  #141  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by kendalanita View Post
Thanks so much for that, I know we've not been here long and we need to give it longer just wished the job thing was more sorted and he can go back to what he is used to - he loves his job and that is all he wants to do and all he keeps saying is 'I gave up my brilliant job back home, to come here for half pay and its not even sorted yet' plus things are so expensive now here so that's all adds to the pressure! I just feel gutted for him, he looks so unhappy, he's been in tears a few times just dont know what to do or say to him. Just wished we had got somewhere where there was a bit more going on and even if we had had a crap week there was something nice to do on a weekend but its not exactly buzzing round here!
You poor things. Sounds like you've just chosen the wrong place to settle. Have you spent your weekends looking for somewhere with more buzz (where in Perth are you?) There seems to be some great meet ups arranged on BE, you may meet people in a similar situation and help each other through it. I'm nervous I may feel the same, but I look at it like Mary, you've not failed you've tried something new and done something that lots haven't got the nerve or opportunity to do. goodLuck

Is everyone still up for the meetup? I've been invited to a barbie that day (neighbours birthday), so i'm going to try to fit both in in one day - should be fun!

Caroline x
carolinemaria is offline  
Old May 15th 2008, 7:36 am
  #142  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
You poor things. Sounds like you've just chosen the wrong place to settle. Have you spent your weekends looking for somewhere with more buzz (where in Perth are you?) There seems to be some great meet ups arranged on BE, you may meet people in a similar situation and help each other through it. I'm nervous I may feel the same, but I look at it like Mary, you've not failed you've tried something new and done something that lots haven't got the nerve or opportunity to do. goodLuck

Is everyone still up for the meetup? I've been invited to a barbie that day (neighbours birthday), so i'm going to try to fit both in in one day - should be fun!

Caroline x
I'm still ok but will probably have to leave about 3 because my eldests drama production is that same evening.
mary1967 is offline  
Old May 15th 2008, 4:02 pm
  #143  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
I'm still ok but will probably have to leave about 3 because my eldests drama production is that same evening.
Typical Mary - kids spoil everthing. My barbie invite is for a 15 year olds birthday!! Only kidding they're great really (especially when they've gone to bed)

Caroline x
carolinemaria is offline  
Old May 15th 2008, 9:43 pm
  #144  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Typical Mary - kids spoil everthing. My barbie invite is for a 15 year olds birthday!! Only kidding they're great really (especially when they've gone to bed)

Caroline x


Any news on the visa Caroline?
mary1967 is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 8:50 pm
  #145  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Any news on the visa Caroline?
We phoned the embassy in London to ask for progress and they told us that we had a case officer - so at least thats something. Sent a post lodgement enquiry but they sent one back saying they would not respond to our email address! It had to be sent via our agent George Lombard. Forwarded onto George today and asked him to resend the email. We explained that we have a buyer for our business who is pushing for a completion date (which is true), so any news of progress would be helpful.

Had any house viewers yet?

Caroline
carolinemaria is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 8:56 pm
  #146  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
We phoned the embassy in London to ask for progress and they told us that we had a case officer - so at least thats something. Sent a post lodgement enquiry but they sent one back saying they would not respond to our email address! It had to be sent via our agent George Lombard. Forwarded onto George today and asked him to resend the email. We explained that we have a buyer for our business who is pushing for a completion date (which is true), so any news of progress would be helpful.

Had any house viewers yet?

Caroline

Brilliant news about the CO Caroline

No viewers:curse: you?

I've just converted my mortgage to interest only - we're now saving £120 per month all it took was one phone call and it was free to do.

We can convert back to capital and interest in the future if we want to.
mary1967 is offline  
Old May 18th 2008, 12:02 am
  #147  
BE Enthusiast
 
vickys's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Posts: 808
vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

I'm still up for the meet up, hopefully we'll have a few house sales to report bu then too
vickys is offline  
Old May 21st 2008, 5:49 pm
  #148  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
Brilliant news about the CO Caroline

No viewers:curse: you?

I've just converted my mortgage to interest only - we're now saving £120 per month all it took was one phone call and it was free to do.

We can convert back to capital and interest in the future if we want to.
Hi Mary, no house viewers at all!! Getting really worried now. We converted to interest only a few months ago and are saving money - it's a really good idea. Lets hope the housing market picks up over summer.

I second that Vicky, we need to sell some houses before the meet. There was a post on the August thread by someone who sold there's within the week so there are buyers out there (but not in the North West evidently)!

Caroline
carolinemaria is offline  
Old May 21st 2008, 7:30 pm
  #149  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by carolinemaria View Post
Hi Mary, no house viewers at all!! Getting really worried now. We converted to interest only a few months ago and are saving money - it's a really good idea. Lets hope the housing market picks up over summer.

I second that Vicky, we need to sell some houses before the meet. There was a post on the August thread by someone who sold there's within the week so there are buyers out there (but not in the North West evidently)!

Caroline

It's frustrating isn't it?

Did i mention that we had a viewer on Sunday who loves our house but hasn't sold theirs?

Unfortunately my prayers didn't specify that any potential viewer had to be in a position to buy Just my bl**dy luck to get someone who wants to buy it but can't:curse:
mary1967 is offline  
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:57 pm
  #150  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 541
carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
It's frustrating isn't it?

Did i mention that we had a viewer on Sunday who loves our house but hasn't sold theirs?

Unfortunately my prayers didn't specify that any potential viewer had to be in a position to buy Just my bl**dy luck to get someone who wants to buy it but can't:curse:
At least you've had a viewer. We had two early on and neither in a position to buy!!! Waste of time cleaning. We haven't had a viewer since March 15th despite dropping the price by 15K. There are more and more houses going up for sale in our village so the competition is tough! Today I checked the Warrington Guardian and noticed our EA has reduced her advertising space by half!!!!
carolinemaria is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.