British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/lancashire-meet-part-7-manchester-cheshire-wirral-522792/)

mad city fan Mar 18th 2008 9:46 pm

Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Lancashire meet part 7 :thumbsup: the past meets have been held in Bolton at the Harvester and have been quite successefull Thanks to Gary and vicky and beasty boy :thumbsup: this meet will be our 4th meet and fingers crossed our last here in the u.k :eek:
Dates im suggesting are Sat 7th June
Sat 14th June
sat 24th June
Sat 5th July
But if anyone else has other suggestions for venues then come forth ;)
we will go off the most popular dates and the most popular venue

Looking forward to meeting you all
M.C.F Rach ;)

vickylea Mar 20th 2008 10:00 am

Re: Lancashire meet part 7 (manchester cheshire wirral )

Hi there M.C.F Sat 14th would be good for us. We are off to France on the 25th June on Holiday, but if other dates are better for the others, don 't worry, could you just keep us posted on when the next one is.
Kind Regards
Vicky:D

Wandathecat Mar 20th 2008 1:29 pm

Might be up for it as we will be living in Cheadle by then with the inlaws. this kids have loved the West yorks meets.;)

mark 'n' joe Mar 20th 2008 9:00 pm

We may be able to make those dates if I can talk Mark into driving up there. his mum is back from Florida then so could perhaps make a weekend of it if she'll have EJ for the night. Havent been to a meet for ages:)

Joex

ivanjjordan Mar 20th 2008 9:48 pm

We could possibly do the 21st June or the 5th July, as we are busy on the other dates.:):):)

mark2 Mar 21st 2008 7:47 pm

hi m.c.f we are quite new to ex pats and would like to come to the meet up,we live in bolton and are off to aus in june,so if meet up is early june you can count us in,would be great to meet up other people who are in the same boat as us. cheers mark & karen.

mad city fan Mar 21st 2008 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by mark2 (Post 6094270)
hi m.c.f we are quite new to ex pats and would like to come to the meet up,we live in bolton and are off to aus in june,so if meet up is early june you can count us in,would be great to meet up other people who are in the same boat as us. cheers mark & karen.

That would be great what date in june are you off and where are you heading

mark2 Mar 22nd 2008 5:28 pm

not sure yet, havent booked our flights, our business to sell end of march. then we can decide. off to adelaide.:thumbsup::D

Jamesfam Mar 24th 2008 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6081198)
Lancashire meet part 7 :thumbsup: the past meets have been held in Bolton at the Harvester and have been quite successefull Thanks to Gary and vicky and beasty boy :thumbsup: this meet will be our 4th meet and fingers crossed our last here in the u.k :eek:
Dates im suggesting are Sat 7th June
Sat 14th June
sat 24th June
Sat 5th July
But if anyone else has other suggestions for venues then come forth ;)
we will go off the most popular dates and the most popular venue

Looking forward to meeting you all
M.C.F Rach ;)

Hi Rach,

Thanks for organising the next meet. I'm really glad we went to the last one as we met some great people so to anyone who is wondering about whether to attend or not give it a go, it is well worth it!!

Out of all the dates, the only one we can do is 14th June. As you know my son is into football big time and he has tournaments most weekends in May and June!!!

BTW 24th June is a Tues so do you mean Sat 21st June or 28th? If its the 28th then that date will be ok for us also. Will you be bringing your boys to the next meet?

Clare & Marc

mad city fan Mar 29th 2008 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jamesfam (Post 6105870)
Hi Rach,

Thanks for organising the next meet. I'm really glad we went to the last one as we met some great people so to anyone who is wondering about whether to attend or not give it a go, it is well worth it!!

Out of all the dates, the only one we can do is 14th June. As you know my son is into football big time and he has tournaments most weekends in May and June!!!

BTW 24th June is a Tues so do you mean Sat 21st June or 28th? If its the 28th then that date will be ok for us also. Will you be bringing your boys to the next meet?

Clare & Marc

Hi Clare thanks for pointing that out to me :o

sorry guys I made a bit of a boo boo:o here are the dates again
Venue The Harvester in Bolton unless someone else can come up with another venue

Sat 7th June

SAT 14th June

Sat 21st June

Sat 5th July

vickys Mar 30th 2008 8:28 pm

Hi folks, well i've posted on here for a long time now and never had the courage to come to a meet but i am hoping to get the guts to come to the next one. Whichever date you decide is it ok for our daughter to come (she's 9)??

mad city fan Mar 30th 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 6133697)
Hi folks, well i've posted on here for a long time now and never had the courage to come to a meet but i am hoping to get the guts to come to the next one. Whichever date you decide is it ok for our daughter to come (she's 9)??

wehey vickys,glad to see your name down :thumbsup:all kids invited too im bringing mine this time 2 boys age 7 and 9 well hope to you all soon ;)

oznoodle Mar 30th 2008 8:51 pm

We should be up for the next meet. Can do any of those dates. Went to the first 3 meets which were great but missed the last 3. Would be good to see some of the old faces and some newbies too. Hoping to move to Aus by the end of the year (if the damn house ever sells!!!).

kjc79 Mar 30th 2008 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by mark2 (Post 6094270)

just wanted to say hi to you two. we are off in june 11th and see that you are going adelaide. :)

couldnt make the last couple of meets as my job extended my contract passed xmas but will have done my last saturday on the 24th may :thumbsup: so would have to be the 7th june for us us or i will have to cu all on the other side after that:(

kath x

ponyrama Mar 30th 2008 9:56 pm

Any room for a little one? :unsure::o

mad city fan Mar 31st 2008 8:04 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6134051)
Any room for a little one? :unsure::o

of course, the more the merrier :thumbsup:

ponyrama Mar 31st 2008 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6135499)
of course, the more the merrier :thumbsup:

Cool - if I can make the date I'll be there! :thumbup:

carolinemaria Apr 3rd 2008 11:05 am

Haven't been to a meet before sounds really good. Checked our busy social diary and yes we are available on ANY of those dates. Thats me, OH (Keith) and kids (Meg 14 Lewis 13 and Billy (girl) 5). CAN'T WAIT, let us know the final date. Do we need to wear a red rose to be identified (or will a large brim hat with corks be ok)

Caroline

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6152377)
Haven't been to a meet before sounds really good. Checked our busy social diary and yes we are available on ANY of those dates. Thats me, OH (Keith) and kids (Meg 14 Lewis 13 and Billy (girl) 5). CAN'T WAIT, let us know the final date. Do we need to wear a red rose to be identified (or will a large brim hat with corks be ok)

Caroline

Hi Caroline you can a red rose and a corked hat if ya wish :D so where abouts in oz are you heading,

GaryVFR8 Apr 3rd 2008 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6154768)
Hi Caroline you can a red rose and a corked hat if ya wish :D so where abouts in oz are you heading,

Hi everyone over in the UK,
Sounds good that the Lancashire meets are going well!!!!
How are you all doing, Things going really well over here for me Vikky and Bump,
Working for the Commonwelath Bank in a call centre in Launceston. Pay is good for what I am doing I'm earning 43k per year.
Bought ourselves a new car and are now getting ready for the birth in mid June. Love to here from you and hope to meet up with some of you when you get out here. Its fantastic. Good luck to you all and have lots of fun at the meets.
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 (Post 6155127)
Hi everyone over in the UK,
Sounds good that the Lancashire meets are going well!!!!
How are you all doing, Things going really well over here for me Vikky and Bump,
Working for the Commonwelath Bank in a call centre in Launceston. Pay is good for what I am doing I'm earning 43k per year.
Bought ourselves a new car and are now getting ready for the birth in mid June. Love to here from you and hope to meet up with some of you when you get out here. Its fantastic. Good luck to you all and have lots of fun at the meets.
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

Gary Vicky and BUMP :eek:
CONGRATUBLOODYATIONS Fab news there Gary :thumbsup: give Vicky all our love and wishing you both all the very best :thumbsup:

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 9:41 pm

me trying to type with more than one finger I meant to say you can WEAR :o

vickys Apr 3rd 2008 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by mad city fan (Post 6155589)
me trying to type with more than one finger I meant to say you can WEAR :o

So long as you had alcahol in the other hand i think most people on here will let ya off:)

mad city fan Apr 3rd 2008 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 6155723)
So long as you had alcahol in the other hand i think most people on here will let ya off:)

I DId :rofl::rofl: but it has all gone now :thumbsup:

carolinemaria Apr 4th 2008 12:17 pm

Hoping to go to Perth, still researching other places, but kids say Perth or nothing!! Little dictators! How about u?

mad city fan Apr 4th 2008 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6158357)
Hoping to go to Perth, still researching other places, but kids say Perth or nothing!! Little dictators! How about u?

were heading to Brisbane putting the house on the market next week hopefully so as soon as it sells were off :thumbsup:

mary1967 Apr 6th 2008 10:41 am

Just found this thread, was wondering how everyone arranged to meet up:rofl:

We live near Wigan, so i'd love to pop along to the next one, probably need a few vodka's for dutch courage!!!

Any date suggested should be fine with me.

vickys Apr 6th 2008 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6166524)

We live near Wigan, so i'd love to pop along to the next one, probably need a few vodka's for dutch courage!!!

Welcome Mary,
We've never been to a meet before and i've known about this since at least July last year, i always think about going and really want to but then chicken out a few days before. Hope this fact helps you to pluck up the courage to attend the next one as i do intend going and i WILL have the b4lls this time:)

PS has anyone decided on which date we are going for yet?

carolinemaria Apr 6th 2008 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6166524)

Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x

vickys Apr 6th 2008 8:11 pm

:D

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6169199)
Hi Mary, us pie eaters should stick together (I was born in Wigan but moved to Warrington). I'm only visiting Warrington - it's a stop off on my way to OZ!!

Vicky, you too should go. I've never been to a meet but I bet it'll be a laugh - a bit like a blind date but without the romance!! At least we all have something in common and are in the same state of mine (desperate!)

Caroline x

Damn, people have clicked onto the real me, that's really worrying you do realise babe. I think i'll go even if my hubby doesn't manage to get the time off, i'm just conscious as i'm a really shy person and i'm cr4p on face to face without a vino or two - a taxi from the rebook could be very expensive:rofl: Nah i will be there, honest i will

</IMG></IMG>

ponyrama Apr 6th 2008 8:16 pm

Caroline x

Its a popular route - Wigan - Warrington - Wollongong! I'm originally a Billinge girl, so budge up and lets chat visa desperation! :D

carolinemaria Apr 6th 2008 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6169282)
Its a popular route - Wigan - Warrington - Wollongong! I'm originally a Billinge girl, so budge up and lets chat visa desperation! :D

I too am a Billinge girl, well born there, it came under merseyside then. I lived in Winstanley for 10 years! Right now Wigan Warrington or where-ever in the UK I don't want to be here. Give me sun, the beech life, barbies and vino anyday. Desperation can stay in the UK.

vickys Apr 6th 2008 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6169396)
I too am a Billinge girl, well born there, it came under merseyside then. I lived in Winstanley for 10 years! Right now Wigan Warrington or where-ever in the UK I don't want to be here. Give me sun, the beech life, barbies and vino anyday. Desperation can stay in the UK.

Well so sorry gals but i'm lancashire through and through, was born in lancaster,dragged up in Preston every since, dying to get out of here for sunnier climes though. OH is a bit more interesting, he was born in Yorkshire, moved up north east, then down to lancashite (as he calls it) to out breed us and ended up wi me. My biological parents we're both born in Sheffield. My adopted dad is half Scotch and hald Irish so you get a misture of everything (apart from Wigan) wi me i'm affraid. Although i do work wi a lod of peeps formWigan if that counts:rofl:

Desperation is being left behind when we go gals, us Lancashire gals will take over OZ. Wollengong here i come, anyone is welcome Whether Wigan Warrington or anywhere else in the UK. :)

GaryVFR8 Apr 6th 2008 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 6169555)
Well so sorry gals but i'm lancashire through and through, was born in lancaster,dragged up in Preston every since, dying to get out of here for sunnier climes though. OH is a bit more interesting, he was born in Yorkshire, moved up north east, then down to lancashite (as he calls it) to out breed us and ended up wi me. My biological parents we're both born in Sheffield. My adopted dad is half Scotch and hald Irish so you get a misture of everything (apart from Wigan) wi me i'm affraid. Although i do work wi a lod of peeps formWigan if that counts:rofl:

Desperation is being left behind when we go gals, us Lancashire gals will take over OZ. Wollengong here i come, anyone is welcome Whether Wigan Warrington or anywhere else in the UK. :)

Hi all you Wiganiese people.
You should go to the meets they are great fun and the Havister is a superb location, Me and my wife used to help organise the meets before we flew out to Tassie and you get to meet some lovely people and make some new friends, We are still in touch with a few of the people we met at the meets and even went over to Melbourne to meet one of the girls and her daughter.
Everyone is friendly and can give you tips on things to help the move.
The only problem for the people from Wigan when they get out here is the pies are nowhere near as good as ones in the UK!!!! Not seen a decent meat and potatoe pie or a cheese and onion!!!!
You all have a good time and take care!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump

ponyrama Apr 7th 2008 5:32 am

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 (Post 6169956)
Hi all you Wiganiese people.
You should go to the meets they are great fun and the Havister is a superb location, Me and my wife used to help organise the meets before we flew out to Tassie and you get to meet some lovely people and make some new friends, We are still in touch with a few of the people we met at the meets and even went over to Melbourne to meet one of the girls and her daughter.
Everyone is friendly and can give you tips on things to help the move.
The only problem for the people from Wigan when they get out here is the pies are nowhere near as good as ones in the UK!!!! Not seen a decent meat and potatoe pie or a cheese and onion!!!!
You all have a good time and take care!!!!
Gary Vikky and Bump

Well then, I'm changing my visa route and going on a Business Investment visa - gonna set up "ye olde Wigan pie shoppe" and save the brits in Oz by providing the best pies in the southern hemisphere.:thumbup:

GaryVFR8 Apr 7th 2008 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6170799)
Well then, I'm changing my visa route and going on a Business Investment visa - gonna set up "ye olde Wigan pie shoppe" and save the brits in Oz by providing the best pies in the southern hemisphere.:thumbup:

Hope you do,
Good pie would go down great, We have a bakery in Scotsdale in Tasmania called Pooles!!!!! Not had the pleasure of trying them yet. Got a good bakery with lovely cakes and his pies are ok but not as good as UK ones, Also not found a real meat pie, Meat pies here are more like minced meat.
Anyway good luck on your move over however you get over,
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

mary1967 Apr 7th 2008 7:28 am

Caroline x

I'm from Manchester originally:rofl: lived in Wigan for a spell, but grew up in St. Helens. I now live in Billinge:)

If we've never been before, how will we know who everyone is? Is there some sort of ice-breaker? :eek: Think i'm too shy for this!!!

Originally Posted by vickys (Post 6169261)
:D

Damn, people have clicked onto the real me, that's really worrying you do realise babe. I think i'll go even if my hubby doesn't manage to get the time off, i'm just conscious as i'm a really shy person and i'm cr4p on face to face without a vino or two - a taxi from the rebook could be very expensive:rofl: Nah i will be there, honest i will

</IMG></IMG>

I'm shy, if you go, i'll go:rofl:

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6169282)

Hey, I live in Billinge!!!

Originally Posted by carolinemaria (Post 6169396)

Another one:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8 (Post 6170847)
Hope you do,
Good pie would go down great, We have a bakery in Scotsdale in Tasmania called Pooles!!!!! Not had the pleasure of trying them yet. Got a good bakery with lovely cakes and his pies are ok but not as good as UK ones, Also not found a real meat pie, Meat pies here are more like minced meat.
Anyway good luck on your move over however you get over,
Regards
Gary Vikky and Bump

I guess if we can't find work in Oz, we can always get together and open our own pie shop!

beasty boy Apr 7th 2008 8:28 pm

Please count us in for any of those dates, Hopefully moving to OZ second
week in sept so it will our last meet c u soon M.C.F AND EXPATS.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vickys Apr 7th 2008 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by mary1967 (Post 6171042)
I'm from Manchester originally:rofl: lived in Wigan for a spell, but grew up in St. Helens. I now live in Billinge:)

If we've never been before, how will we know who everyone is? Is there some sort of ice-breaker? :eek: Think i'm too shy for this!!!

I'm shy, if you go, i'll go:rofl:

Hey, I live in Billinge!!!

Another one:thumbsup:

I guess if we can't find work in Oz, we can always get together and open our own pie shop!

Ok then you lot have convinced me, i'm definately comin, I do have another challenge before i move though..... to make a decent pie then i can have a branch of your shops in Sydney.. we'll make it an OZ national company together....Northerners in control of the southern hemisphere!!!!!

So for those of you who like lists can we start one for attendees, and for the powers that be has a date been decided on yet:)

mad city fan Apr 7th 2008 9:25 pm

Well guys lets set that date seem to have quite a few that can make any and a few for the 14th june, so heres the date

LANCASHIRE MEET PART 7 14TH JUNE.

the venue is set at the harvester in Bolton, but if anyone can think of anywhere else quite central all ideas are welcome , The harvester is a great central place but not much space for the kids to play, so guys looking forward to meeting you all soon till then enjoy :thumbup: