Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

View Poll Results: Lancs meet: Where would you like the next one
The Harvester in bolton was great id go there again
36.36%
Somewhere near but with better facilities( say your needs in a post)
18.18%
Manchester
18.18%
Ill just go wherever in Lancs or Manc.
63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:25 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Dave - that sounds brill - we have those sorts of parties too - the kids end up sat tutting at us lot getting louder and louder - a little competitive. haha.

It is looking like the Harvester folks. Cheers for the rekki mate. It is appreciated. But then again what bloke would turn down rekkiing a pub!!! lol.

I argree. Harvester it is then. We have everything there with a cinema and bowling alley, restaurants and hotels to stay over within 200 yrds of each other.

Thanks for doing the reccie, sounds a good day!!

Ill change my signature again, and course we dont mind people from other websites as long as its not those white supremisist ones that you go on LOL

al
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:32 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
I'm back from the recee and after several hours of visiting every pub in Bolton thats close to the motorway and easy to find.(it was hard work but someone had to do it) and after long deliberation I think we should go to the Harvester.

I don't know how people with kids do it. You either have to sit inside with them drinking out of plastic glasses while kids throw brightly coloured balls at your head, (the England cricket team should be getting pointers from them,) or sit in a beer garden in a pub where the locals sit there with faces like just because the kids are slightly louder than the football match on the tv, who wants to listen to the commentators anyway.

I'll keep my eyes open for anywhere else but with most of the pubs that have play areas outside being in the middle of nowhere, without sat nav, a compass and a boy scout we'd probably not all make it.

As a few people have said they enjoyed the harvester, the food was good and more importantly the beer is cold and it is very easy to find. I could bring giant Jenga and Twister to keep the kids amused, although at my party's it usually starts off with the kids playing but after a few drinks the blokes take over. Yes I am one of the guilty.

Well goodbye for now and hope to put names to faces shortly.

Dave.

the footy season over then so hopefully should be quietih around there.

If we do a later afternoon meet then people can have tera out and its not too early not to carry on and make a night of it then

I think somewhere between 3pm and 5pm will give us a few hours until people are starving and break off into groups to go and eat when they are ready (or the kids are)

This will still be early enough that after tea people can either get home at a decent time or carry on til late but havent been out ALL day.

Anyone disagree?

al.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Hi Al

We're happy to go back to Harvester, if that's the decision made. Small courtyard with picnic tables (which the kids all played on and around ), very nice inside and the food was good - know how important that is for you

We'd also be happy to go for a picnic in the park (weather permitting) just seems a bit "hit and miss" as to whether you get a good weekend. We'll obviously go with majority but as I've already mentioned would rather daytime meet as opposed to night meet!

Take care.

Di and Pete
Hi guys how are ya!?

The picnic sounds good but i agree that its hit and miss for weather so the harvester came out top really. It was the easier option but a lot of research and thought was put in to the venue the first time round so that it was central for the majority and easy to get to and blah blah blah.

We could all meet at the pub, have a few jars and if weather permitting and people want to break off and go down the park and have a kickaround or something for the kids then we can let spontaneity take over. We dont have to stay in one group all day

Frisbees or rounders or something, bring what youve got that the kids like just in case. I dont know, im not a dad yet

At least we have a base at the pub just in case. We all get introduced over a beer or 2 and then see what happens.

al
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hello possums
Glad to see all went well in my absence! BAD NEWS Im afraid - i WILL most definately be coming to this next meet so stick me on the list please tis:
Me - Daunted/Mandy along with kids Scott (18 - possibly be there), Rachel 14 and Mark 11.
TRA passed - Cook
136 MODL
Perth area (though possibly further south following recent reccie -sore point!)

Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hello possums
Glad to see all went well in my absence! BAD NEWS Im afraid - i WILL most definately be coming to this next meet so stick me on the list please tis:
Me - Daunted/Mandy along with kids Scott (18 - possibly be there), Rachel 14 and Mark 11.
TRA passed - Cook
136 MODL

Mandy!!! You're back - how was it??? going off your last note bit mithered to ask.

Can people do an rsvp please too on the calender - It would be a lot easier to manage attendees. x

Also, will be looking at booking into a hotel nearby now we have a defo date and place. If anyone wants any info then I dont mind asking for a few of us.

Can we agree a time????
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Hello possums
TRA passed - Cook
136 MODL

Mandy

You were missed, honest

Have you posted about your trip to Perth yet or are you waiting to tell us in person?

C u 2 June!

Di x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Mandy!!! You're back - how was it??? going off your last note bit mithered to ask.

Can people do an rsvp please too on the calender - It would be a lot easier to manage attendees. x

Also, will be looking at booking into a hotel nearby now we have a defo date and place. If anyone wants any info then I dont mind asking for a few of us.

Can we agree a time????

Sure am back - and suffering with serious bout of post holiday blues. strange but the minute the plane started its approach to Perth i felt instantly at home. Hopefully it wont be too long before i am able to call it that It was fan bloody tastic! All aspects of the place and people were wonderful. Only bad point was related to relations which proved quite eventful but proved to me that even on the ohter side of the world with no one there to ask for help i can survive perfectly well on my own! (i can recommend an excellent hotel )
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mandy

You were missed, honest

Have you posted about your trip to Perth yet or are you waiting to tell us in person?

C u 2 June!

Di x

YAY!
Someone missed me! I havent posted yet about my trip but will do so tomorrow. feeling a bit weary and fed up today. Best bit of advice though for anyone planning to go to Oz is to take up yoga before you go! THAT way when you stuck on a plane seat for waht seems like forever you can atleast wrap your legs around your neck to get comfy
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

YAY!
Someone missed me! I havent posted yet about my trip but will do so tomorrow. feeling a bit weary and fed up today. Best bit of advice though for anyone planning to go to Oz is to take up yoga before you go! THAT way when you stuck on a plane seat for waht seems like forever you can atleast wrap your legs around your neck to get comfy

It said on the walls of the toilet in The Harvester that you could already do that!!

Di x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

It said on the walls of the toilet in The Harvester that you could already do that!!

Di x

Mandy

That was a joke - I haven't upset you have I??

Di x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:34 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

is there a travel lodge or something simelar next to the Harvester?

Jackie x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mandy

That was a joke - I haven't upset you have I??

Di x
upset?? me??
Nah not at all - Im just surprise that people still remember me!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

upset?? me??
Nah not at all - Im just surprise that people still remember me!

How could we forget you? You set up the last meet!!!

Read your Perth reccie report - sounds like you both had a great time. Expect to see all the photos in June?

Di x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Claire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really niceClaire and Dave is just really nice

Hi Jackie,

There's a premier travel inn two minutes down the road. web site is www.premiertravelinn.com or tel no. 08701977282. I think its £51 per room per night, breakie is extra

Dave.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire and Dave
Hi Jackie,

There's a premier travel inn two minutes down the road. web site is www.premiertravelinn.com or tel no. 08701977282. I think its £51 per room per night, breakie is extra

Dave.
we are staying over jackie. just need to get it booked. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.