Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

View Poll Results: Lancs meet: Where would you like the next one
The Harvester in bolton was great id go there again
36.36%
Somewhere near but with better facilities( say your needs in a post)
18.18%
Manchester
18.18%
Ill just go wherever in Lancs or Manc.
63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Ok everyone I reckon I have the directions all sorted. Im setting off now - if im not there by teatime start without me Only kidding - I plan to get there about 12.30 ish. I'll be the one looking completely lost when she walks through the door with two kids (hate walking into pubs on my own - yeah but hte kids dont count as not alone do they??)
See you all there

Do we have name badges cos there is NO WAY im gonna remember who everyone is let alone where they are all going. I'll be ok with Cathnpaul and Al cos they going to AUstralia aren't they? or have i got them mixed up with others?
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:01 am
Banned

wannabeinmelboure is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by djfbug
Can we come?
we are Dale, Margaret and Hannah (9)
We have our 136 visas and now waiting for the house to sell before we can head off to Melbourne.
no prob, added to he list

see you later.

al
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by daunted
Ok everyone I reckon I have the directions all sorted. Im setting off now - if im not there by teatime start without me Only kidding - I plan to get there about 12.30 ish. I'll be the one looking completely lost when she walks through the door with two kids (hate walking into pubs on my own - yeah but hte kids dont count as not alone do they??)
See you all there

Do we have name badges cos there is NO WAY im gonna remember who everyone is let alone where they are all going. I'll be ok with Cathnpaul and Al cos they going to AUstralia aren't they? or have i got them mixed up with others?

just turn upo and have a good time and stop being so daunted. Its a laugh in a pub on a sat afternoon, chill

see you there

alkristensen (formerly) im banned now burt signing on to finalise things on this meet under new name then ill prob be banned again

Me and clar will be there at aboiut 12.30

al
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

MMMMMmmmmm sounds like a story there!
See you later
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:12 am
Banned

QLD and Brisbane so far:
skye - southport G.C.
acbh2 - 136 MODL - Goldcoast - June 24th - Accountant
daveandkathh(BE)/Airconkid(KK)-MODL 136-QLD, GC-Early June '07Air Conditioning Installer
sals - sally - 457 - Townsville QLD - August???
Jules29 (Townsville).visagranted,skilled 136 electrician.Julie, steve and kids (kayley 10, Louise 7 and Elise 3).
Madcityfan - and 2 boys TRA Brisbane Perth or Adelaide
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139)
Louise - Louise, Andy (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales
Mrs JFW (Queensland) (Jackie) Hubby (Jon) Kiddies (Jasmine 11 and Oliver 6) Moving out June/July (136modl – nurse)
Edwards family - Kim and Paul and 3 children, Sunshine coast August/September.

NSW so far

Simnmax (CentralCoast or NorthernBeaches ) CO asked for more info in Feb (136 modl motor mechanic)
Premkit- ray and val medical stage, 136 modl, joiner. newcastle nsw
alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.....

Perth so far
Oznoodle - .(Perth)
Daunted (Perth) TRA passed – (136modl – Cook)
Mindblower, Dave and ??? Perth
Madmaz and 3 kids Perth or Gold Coast.

Tassie!!!

GaryVRF8 - Gary and vikky (Tasmania) Oct/Nov 07 with visa (spouse)

Melbourne so far

alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then prob off to Melbourne 08 !!!.......
TrueBlueToffee - (Victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137)
Dianej - Melbourne, 134-STNI (Nurse) going out end of June (got a job but nowhere to live!!!!!)
djfbug - Melbourne QLD and Brisbane so far:
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:20 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wannabeinmelboure
QLD and Brisbane so far:
skye - southport G.C.
acbh2 - 136 MODL - Goldcoast - June 24th - Accountant
daveandkathh(BE)/Airconkid(KK)-MODL 136-QLD, GC-Early June '07Air Conditioning Installer
sals - sally - 457 - Townsville QLD - August???
Jules29 (Townsville).visagranted,skilled 136 electrician.Julie, steve and kids (kayley 10, Louise 7 and Elise 3).
Madcityfan - and 2 boys TRA Brisbane Perth or Adelaide
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139)
Louise - Louise, Andy (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales
Mrs JFW (Queensland) (Jackie) Hubby (Jon) Kiddies (Jasmine 11 and Oliver 6) Moving out June/July (136modl – nurse)
Edwards family - Kim and Paul and 3 children, Sunshine coast August/September.

NSW so far

Simnmax (CentralCoast or NorthernBeaches ) CO asked for more info in Feb (136 modl motor mechanic)
Premkit- ray and val medical stage, 136 modl, joiner. newcastle nsw
alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.....

Perth so far
Oznoodle - .(Perth)
Daunted (Perth) TRA passed – (136modl – Cook)
Mindblower, Dave and ??? Perth
Madmaz and 3 kids Perth or Gold Coast.

Tassie!!!

GaryVRF8 - Gary and vikky (Tasmania) Oct/Nov 07 with visa (spouse)

Melbourne so far

alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then prob off to Melbourne 08 !!!.......
TrueBlueToffee - (Victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137)
Dianej - Melbourne, 134-STNI (Nurse) going out end of June (got a job but nowhere to live!!!!!)
djfbug - Melbourne QLD and Brisbane so far:
Hi everyone, Had a lovely time meeting you all some of you again others for the first time. Have started a thread for Part3 looking at 28th July. Same location same happy people we hope if you have not been lucky enough to fly out!!
Here is the thread!!!!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...94#post4864394
Hope to see you all soon,
Gary and Vikky (Chief Aussie!!!)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:56 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

I just wanted to say that we had a great time meeting everyone yesterday! Sorry we missed a few people earlier on. Not sure if we can make the next meet Gary as we might be homeless by that time with any luck!

Cath did you go back later on in the evening? We left with the Edwards family about 7.30 ish. Just wondered did anyone turn up after that time?

Jackie x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hello!

I just wanted to say that we had a great time meeting everyone yesterday! Sorry we missed a few people earlier on. Not sure if we can make the next meet Gary as we might be homeless by that time with any luck!

Cath did you go back later on in the evening? We left with the Edwards family about 7.30 ish. Just wondered did anyone turn up after that time?

Jackie x
Yep, we went to scotts bar after for a few and yes we popped back into the pub later on.

I would NOT recommend the travel lodge. The breakfast was so unorganised I was as stressed as anything. It didnt help that we had been woken up at 2am with drunks coming in banging on doors to get into their room and then arguin. I complained in the morning to be told that because I hadnt complained at the time there was nothing they could do. I explained that I felt that if I had called the night porter it would have escalated the matter and also carried on for a considerable time longer. They werent interested.

I had also asked the staff if there was anything in walking distance and she said just shops. But this morning when we went round the place, we found a megabowl we could have gone too. Therefore just a little bit more annoyed.

At least we have tried the place and cant recommend it to anyone. Rude unhelpful staff all the way.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:17 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Yep, we went to scotts bar after for a few and yes we popped back into the pub later on.

I would NOT recommend the travel lodge. The breakfast was so unorganised I was as stressed as anything. It didnt help that we had been woken up at 2am with drunks coming in banging on doors to get into their room and then arguin. I complained in the morning to be told that because I hadnt complained at the time there was nothing they could do. I explained that I felt that if I had called the night porter it would have escalated the matter and also carried on for a considerable time longer. They werent interested.

I had also asked the staff if there was anything in walking distance and she said just shops. But this morning when we went round the place, we found a megabowl we could have gone too. Therefore just a little bit more annoyed.

At least we have tried the place and cant recommend it to anyone. Rude unhelpful staff all the way.

Aww Cath what a shame! I do think that these travel logdge places are pretty simelar to be honest. My sister stayed at the one in Denton last year and had the same problem with noise in the early hours of the morning! She also complained the next morning and got nowhere!

Jackie x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Everyone - it was great to finally be able to put faces to names - apparantly we are doing it all again in a couple of months, I will go hunt out the thread later but was half way down a bottle of aussie red when rachel informed me
The good news is that today i woke up going to melbourne and i will be going to bed thinking the same - a pretty good sales pitch from teh mellie lot if you ask me
To those i didnt chat to - sorry but those i did you were all lovely
Mandy x