Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

View Poll Results: Lancs meet: Where would you like the next one
The Harvester in bolton was great id go there again
36.36%
Somewhere near but with better facilities( say your needs in a post)
18.18%
Manchester
18.18%
Ill just go wherever in Lancs or Manc.
63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Old May 31st 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Leave some seats on the plane for us.....can't book flights until house is sold!

See ya'll Saturday!

Jackie x

Jackie

Same situation as you! We are desperate to book our flights but until the house sale has gone through we are having to sit and wait - it's a killer!:curse:

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday - our boys are looking forward to meeting the other kids. Before the last meet we had quite a bit of explaining to do to our 6 year old. He thought everyone at the meet was going to live in Melbourne on our street and it was just a case of meeting our new neighbours prior to flying out!!!!!!

See you all Saturday.

Di x
Old May 31st 2007, 4:28 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is Di is the flight prices go up the later you leave it! We have no choice though, no spare cash floating around in our house at the moment!

yeah really looking forward to saturday, should be really good. I'm bringing my inflatable kangaroo!

.....oh - and my hubby!

Jackie x
Old May 31st 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

GaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the roughGaryVFR8s_Wife is a jewel in the rough

Hey Everyone,

Well i've finally signed up for this forum myself now!

Can keep an eye on Gary!

Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone on Saturday, and if anyone is in need of some advise or info about the Great Sunburned Country, i'm the chief Aussie who's quite happy to help out with anything I can. Although it feels like that long since i've been home i've probably forgotten everything!

Counting down the days! Only 5 months and 25 days.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi folks

Been sitting in the background reading this meet up with interest.

Its our daughters 8th birthday on Saturday, so we are unable to meet you all, but hoping to be there next time (Hoping to be in Brisbane this time next year, MODL 136 Midwife).

Hope you all have a fab time, will have a glass of wine for you all laters!!!

Dawn, Ste and the girls
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:41 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Soooooooooooooo looking forward to the meet now, we got our visa this morning!!

Hope to be leaving for Melbourne (yes, we know - billy no-mates!) by the end of August. So much to do, so little time.

House sale going through so fingers crossed (hell, everything crossed!) that our good luck continues!

Di x
Well Done Di and Family in getting your visa!!!!!!!!!

Im having an absolute 'MARE' trying to find flights to suit - not going end of June now - more like early August!!! Im absolutely pooing it! Will need moral support tomorrow about this move. Got in touch with The Alfred and they will hold my job open no problems till 6th September (phew!). My house now consists of 53 million half packed boxes and I am driving around with a packed car full of car boot stuff - nowhere to unload it!!! This is really hard work doing it all alone. Im panicking about finding accomodation out there now - and affording it. Had some fab responses from all the schools I e-mailed - offers of setting up e-mail penfriends for Chloe and nice cheery replies. I just darent book that godamn flight!
Diane
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dianej

Im having an absolute 'MARE' trying to find flights to suit - not going end of June now - more like early August!!! Im absolutely pooing it! Will need moral support tomorrow about this move. Got in touch with The Alfred and they will hold my job open no problems till 6th September (phew!). My house now consists of 53 million half packed boxes and I am driving around with a packed car full of car boot stuff - nowhere to unload it!!! This is really hard work doing it all alone. Im panicking about finding accomodation out there now - and affording it. Had some fab responses from all the schools I e-mailed - offers of setting up e-mail penfriends for Chloe and nice cheery replies. I just darent book that godamn flight!
Diane
You are best going over when you feel ready and prepared diane. Thousands of people go over without accomodation etc and make it. You have friends on expats who would give you a guiding hand too. Will have a chat tomorrow love. It will be fine. x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:02 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
You are best going over when you feel ready and prepared diane. Thousands of people go over without accomodation etc and make it. You have friends on expats who would give you a guiding hand too. Will have a chat tomorrow love. It will be fine. x
Cheers Mate.......
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Can we come?
we are Dale, Margaret and Hannah (9)
We have our 136 visas and now waiting for the house to sell before we can head off to Melbourne.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dianej

Diane

Di
Where are you? I can come over give you a hand if you like (if you where i think you are LOL)
I know only too well how hard it is to do alone
mandy xx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:04 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djfbug
Can we come?
we are Dale, Margaret and Hannah (9)
We have our 136 visas and now waiting for the house to sell before we can head off to Melbourne.
The more the merrier I say lol!

Axx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:54 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

My mother in law has put a spanner in the works! She is going shopping in manchester tomorrow before coming to our house. This means we will be coming with the kids but won't be able to stay as late or indeed stopover Do I look mad?? cos I ******g am!

jackie x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

My mother in law has put a spanner in the works! She is going shopping in manchester tomorrow before coming to our house. This means we will be coming with the kids but won't be able to stay as late or indeed stopover Do I look mad?? cos I ******g am!

jackie x
you can get yr own back soon......you pick there nursing home
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

jackie x
Hope your kids can entertain mine ? -lol
Wendy working...having to bring t'lad with me

Grrrrrr
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:17 pm
Im here!!!!!!

jackie x
Give me her number.......................
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:00 pm
Living the Dream!

Well I have just remembered that she went home last time with our spare key. We have just rang her and told her to let herself in with the spare key as we are all going out and don't know what time we will be back.

What time are people arriving. We are planning to be there for about 3pm. I am depending on you guys to keep my hubby talking, that way we can stay later!

Jackie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.