Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

View Poll Results: Lancs meet: Where would you like the next one
The Harvester in bolton was great id go there again
36.36%
Somewhere near but with better facilities( say your needs in a post)
18.18%
Manchester
18.18%
Ill just go wherever in Lancs or Manc.
63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Old May 21st 2007, 6:26 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire Meet, Part 2. 2nd June 2007

Soory, if only others could it would be easy, sorry i missed you but this is on page 6 now i think.
Never look back LOL

oh and can you put your trade please. hee hee

al
Old May 21st 2007, 8:10 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Soory, if only others could it would be easy, sorry i missed you but this is on page 6 now i think.
Never look back LOL

oh and can you put your trade please. hee hee

al
I don't have one I'm a lazy beech student OH is an Accountant tho at least he says he is
Old May 21st 2007, 8:11 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

QLD and Brisbane so far:
acbh2 - 136 MODL - Goldcoast - June 24th - Accountant
daveandkathh(BE)/Airconkid(KK)-MODL 136-QLD, GC-Early June '07Air Conditioning Installer
sals - sally - 457 - Townsville QLD - August???
Jules29 (Townsville).visagranted,skilled 136 electrician.Julie, steve and kids (kayley 10, Louise 7 and Elise 3).
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139)
Louise - Louise, Andy (Brisbane), OH got Spouse Visa, Job - ? Sales
Mrs JFW (Queensland) (Jackie) Hubby (Jon) Kiddies (Jasmine 11 and Oliver 6) Moving out June/July (136modl – nurse)
Edwards family - Kim and Paul and 3 children, Sunshine coast August/September.

alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.......

NSW so far
Simnmax (CentralCoast or NorthernBeaches ) CO asked for more info in Feb (136 modl motor mechanic)
Premkit- ray and val medical stage, 136 modl, joiner. newcastle nsw
alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.....

Perth so far
Oznoodle - .(Perth)
Daunted (Perth) TRA passed – (136modl – Cook)
Mindblower, Dave and ??? Perth
Madcityfan - and 2 boys TRA Brisbane Perth or Adelaide
Kjc79 - plus hubby and 2 kids 5 and 9 Modl 136 Perth or Adelaide

Other Places or Undecided GaryVRF8 - Gary and vikky (Tasmania) Oct/Nov 07 with visa (spouse)
TrueBlueToffee - (Victoria) Feb applicants (STNI 137)
Dianej - Melbourne, 134-STNI (Nurse) going out end of June (got a job but nowhere to live!!!!!)
Shezanste - 136 skilled visa/cabinet maker/wood machinist,just about to send tra off. (hoping adelaide)
Claire and Dave (Adelaide) skill assessment stage (nurse - 136modl)
ozzieclare2be - (Adelaide)136 modl ,skills stage (nurse). OH Chris and Alex (1yr)
Chippie74 (location unknown at the moment!!) Dec app had medicals done and police checks (136MODL carpenter joiner)

[COLOR=black]
Old May 21st 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Just to confuse things I am now no longer certain on Perth Gonna be bending a few ears about other areas at this meet - please be patient with me.
can i suggest that people take along any photos or other info along which may be nice to show people
Cheers
Mandy xx
Old May 21st 2007, 9:45 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daunted
Just to confuse things I am now no longer certain on Perth Gonna be bending a few ears about other areas at this meet - please be patient with me.
can i suggest that people take along any photos or other info along which may be nice to show people
Cheers
Mandy xx
Come to Tassie we would love you there Daunted!!!!
Then if things work out and we get a B&B/Hotel sorted know where to employ a good chef!!! HEHE.
Will try and find some pics of Tassie for you and also other areas we have been to.
Gary and Vikky
Old May 21st 2007, 10:45 pm
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Cheers
Mandy xx
why perth in the first place anyhow?

if you have relatives etc there then i suppose someone could be there for you but if you havent then why did you pick perth.......

So desolated, so far away from the rest of oz, plus point for me is its near bali, you can get flights to singapore cheap and its supposd to be beautiful there but.......

I just think its too far from anything and more to the point too many bloody english there!! They have made it the second most expensive place outside of sydney to buy a house with all the money piling in and people wanting the aussie dream of a 5 bed 3 batrh house with a pool tht they cant afford when there is no work as you are waiting for your licence to do your job youve been doing for 20 years.

Just my opinion as im as different as everyone on the meet will be, and ill never rule it out but i cant equate it to anything other than a place on the other side of a desert.

I will visit tho, i just dont reckon its the place for me. 3 time zones from sydney, and in the same country, wow.

Whatever you decide has to be right for you, dont listen to anyone else, go forth and look, rent, take a place in, and if you dont like then move on to the next city/town/suburb rather than rot and moan and want to be in the uk.

Can you imagine moving to the uk and ending up in the worst part of preston and then hating the uk for that, you only have to go a mile or 10 down the road and you could come across a lovely area in the country or the perfect place for you.

What you need to know is what you want from an area. What climate you could cope more with and how much you can afford compared to how far out of a city you want to be for the price you can afford.

This will give you some clue of what part of the country to live as well as many many factors to do with people coming to visit you if you want them TO and and and and and and.....

I think if you are young at heart then thy the east coast as more for you to do and more places. I sort of think of perth like southport or bournemouth for some reason.

Somewhere you go to die, gods waiting room not gods own in my own formed opinion. Im willing to have my opinion changed by visiting. Some where for people to go who dont like change. Ill probably end up there now eatin my words, but most people that have been there are the most that are coming back to the uk from my 3 years of being on this site

My 2 penneth over. I dont give it much these days as im too worried whether we have made the right choice with sydney LO

See you Next sat

Al

Last edited by alkristensen; May 21st 2007 at 10:53 pm.
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acbh2
QLD and Brisbane so far:
acbh2 - 136 MODL - Goldcoast - June 24th - Accountant
daveandkathh(BE)/Airconkid(KK)-MODL 136-QLD, GC-Early June '07Air Conditioning Installer
Jules29 (Townsville).visagranted,skilled 136 electrician.Julie, steve and kids (kayley 10, Louise 7 and Elise 3).
CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139) Debt Recovery Bank Manager.
Mrs JFW (Queensland) (Jackie) Hubby (Jon) Kiddies (Jasmine 11 and Oliver 6) Moving out June/July (136modl – nurse)

alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.......

NSW so far
Simnmax (CentralCoast or NorthernBeaches ) CO asked for more info in Feb (136 modl motor mechanic)
alkristensen & steady1neddy: Alan and Clare: Sydney 17th August 07 With 136 MODL Visa (barber) then maybe off to brisbane.....

Perth so far
Oznoodle - .(Perth)

Other Places or Undecided GaryVRF8 - Gary and vikky (Tasmania) Oct/Nov 07 with visa (spouse)
Dianej - Melbourne, 134-STNI (Nurse) going out end of June (got a job but nowhere to live!!!!!)
Shezanste - 136 skilled visa/cabinet maker/wood machinist,just about to send tra off. (hoping adelaide)
ozzieclare2be - (Adelaide)136 modl ,skills stage (nurse). OH Chris and Alex (1yr)
Chippie74 (location unknown at the moment!!) Dec app had medicals done and police checks (136MODL carpenter joiner)

[COLOR=black]
Just added my job on there too didnt have it on there before. Looking forward to the meet
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Just added my job on there too didnt have it on there before. Looking forward to the meet

does it still fee like you are off on hols and moving house?

Like to know what your feeling the closer it gets oooeeerrr

Al
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Soooooooooooooo looking forward to the meet now, we got our visa this morning!!

Hope to be leaving for Melbourne (yes, we know - billy no-mates!) by the end of August. So much to do, so little time.

House sale going through so fingers crossed (hell, everything crossed!) that our good luck continues!

Di x
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee

Hope to be leaving for Melbourne (yes, we know - billy no-mates!) by the end of August. So much to do, so little time.

House sale going through so fingers crossed (hell, everything crossed!) that our good luck continues!

Di x
Congrats. on getting your visa
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Di x
Brilliant stuff!!!!! Congratulations.

Al - it feels a bit wierd to be honest (for us anyway). In our heads we have already left the UK. Its a multitude of different types of stresses. The house stress, the move stress, the bye stress, the car selling stress and work stress - all different.

It seems to be busier in australia stuff contacting tafes, estate agents, schools. I cant wait to just go now. I want to get everything tied up before we go.

You will have already done quite a bit of it though nearer the time. It wasnt what I was expecting Al at all.

I wonder if other people are going through similar things????
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Congratulations

Yeah you'll be really busy now but at least you'll be busy with a smile on your face

Jules
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:55 pm
Banned

Di x
Congratulations!!!!

Feels good doesnt it!! Almost as good as Phil Neville scoring LOL.
Really happy for you both. See you for the boat rides at you place in melbourne!!
We will be down ski-ing that way.

See you soon.

Alan And Clare.x

Old May 22nd 2007, 9:00 pm
Banned

Di x
dianej is off to melbourne as are my mates so how does that sound!

if you get on with me you will get on with them.

looks like theres more now with verndownunder. Scousers are never satisfied LOL

al

Last edited by alkristensen; May 22nd 2007 at 9:57 pm.
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alkristensen
QLD and Brisbane so far:

CathnPaul : Brisbane (sunshine coast) June 07 With Visa (139)

NSW so far

Perth so far
Oznoodle - .(Perth)

(dont worry you wont be on your own at the meet, this is just to get an idea of how many are going where) ill speak to anyone as im sure others will too !!
There will not be groups of areas at the meet but at least you may get to know a face who may just be the person that one day saves your life.
The list was a bit higgledy piggledy so ive grouped people for my sake not anyone elses. If it offends anyone and anyone feels left out then this wasnt an intention.

Al
Hi

Can anyone come?

We have recently started out on application for full skills assesment with ANMC.

Not sure on location as yet - interested Melbourne and Adelaide so far.

Hubby Dave is an RMN
I'm Tracey
We have 3 children Sarah 8, Michael 6 and Emily 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.