Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Lakelands Estate in Mandurah a good bet?

Is Lakelands Estate in Mandurah a good bet?

Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

MaggieP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Lakelands Estate in Mandurah a good bet?

Is there anyone out there who currently lives on the Lakelands Estate, or anyone that has bought a block there?
Can I be nosey and ask how much they bought for and when, and what size block?
I know prices are shooting up everywhere but because of the rail line extension is it possible that this place is going to do really well?
When is the primary school going to be ready?
Enough questions for now!
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:51 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Lakelands Estate in Mandurah a good bet?

Originally Posted by MaggieP
Is there anyone out there who currently lives on the Lakelands Estate, or anyone that has bought a block there?
I know prices are shooting up everywhere but because of the rail line extension is it possible that this place is going to do really well?

Try a post on www.emi-great.com, people on that forum live in that area.
I think the concensus is that it will still go up more, lots of building all around that area.
I just don't know where the people come from that can keep pushing prices up and up?

Kevin
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:34 am
Just Joined

MaggieP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I've been on the website but it doesn't seem to be nearly as popular and as well used as this one.

Does anyone else have some information?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Thanks - I've been on the website but it doesn't seem to be nearly as popular and as well used as this one.

Does anyone else have some information?
Hi there

We were in Mandurah March/April time and looked on the Lakelands Estate. It seems very nice and my hubbies cousin has purchased land on there but I'm not sure how much they paid for it. The general consensus on land in that area is that it's rarer the rocking horse poo - the land is released sporadically with say 20 blocks being released every three months or so (this is just an example - dont shout if the figures aren't correct). People are actually camping out for days waiting for the release - although some of the builders have land and are quite happy to do 'deals' with you. The figures we got were anything from $180,000 + for quite small blocks - 500sqm. I personally would live there! A friend of ours has a daughter that attends the private school there (Baptist College - I think). She is very pleased with it.

Hope this helps

Lindsey
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:56 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maggie,

We live in Secret Harbour which is just down the road from Lakelands. I know recently there we news crews at Lakelands filming families who had camped out for a week for the latest land release!

Land is rare now and Lakelands is a nice looking estate. The only thing I would be careful of is the new railway line is cutting right through the middle of Lakelands, and then to the other side will be the new freeway. Just be careful which plot you go for as you could have a train in your back yard.

I still don't think you'll go far wrong in regard to prices increasing, although if it were me, I'd bite the bullet and try and buy the 'ocean' side of Mandurah Road; i.e. Golden Bay, Singleton, Secret Harbour, Madora Bay.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Jules
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:22 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it was awarded the most environmentally friendly estate in WA, I drive past it every day, I'll double check tomorrow.

On the train subject, you would have to travel into Mandurah to catch it, because stupidly, there isn't a train station between Mandurah and Waikiki in Rockingham, unfortunately missing out Madora, Golden Bay, Singleton and Secret Harbour.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:23 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Lakelands does look very nice and is very well landscaped as with most estates here. However, it is not near either the estuary or the ocean so not sure what the attraction of that area would be. Also I'm not sure you can actually walk from Lakelands to the town centre as the only road that I can see is the main road.

As suggested above I would definitely look on the ocean side for property and if there's none at a suitable price then look at the estuary side before looking at places like Lakelands but that's just my view.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:33 am
"More wine please...."

Ozz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to all

Hi,
we were there in april and the general feeling was that the railway station at Lakelands wasnt going to happen... We thought this was a bit naughty as they are using this to maximise the sales on this development.
We looked around the development and thought it was lovely but have decided NOR for us, due to work commitments.
Tilly