Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lake Joondalup Babtist College

Lake Joondalup Babtist College

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lake Joondalup Babtist College

Hi All,
do any of you know about Lake Joondalup Babtist College in Joondalup Perth. Is it any good? Does your child go there? Do you know of any decent State or semi private schools in or around Perth (any area). We're looking for a decent school and that will dictate where we live in Perth. (we will be moving here at the end of the year from Brisi).

Many thanks in advance for you help.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lake Joondalup Babtist College

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi All,
do any of you know about Lake Joondalup Babtist College in Joondalup Perth. Is it any good? Does your child go there? Do you know of any decent State or semi private schools in or around Perth (any area). We're looking for a decent school and that will dictate where we live in Perth. (we will be moving here at the end of the year from Brisi).

I've heard it's pretty good. I know a few people who send or have sent their kids there. Very long waiting list though.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

It doesn't enjoy the same reputation it did a few years ago. I know lots of people who have pulled kids out to send them elsewhere. It is still better than a lot of the state alternatives. Decent state schools that I would consider are:

Churchlands SHS
Shenton College
Duncraig SHS
Carine SHS

Lots of top tier private schools in Perth where $15k a year is the normal fee. Cheaper ones are:

Lake Joondalup Baptist College
St Marks Anglican
St Stephens (Duncraig and Carramar)

The problem with many private schools is that they are hugely over subscribed and waiting lists are massive. I was on the list for 1 school for over 4 years and still didn't get a place.

Good luck.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

It would be worth making an application anyway. Sometimes places come up even after they've told you there's nothing for a year or two. If you can get one child in, it might be the youngest, then it's easier to get a place for a sibling.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:23 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there aprivate good one called Beaumauris ?
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
Isn't there aprivate good one called Beaumauris ?[/QUOTE]

It's a state primary and it's pretty good. Got a really good head teacher apparently. It's the nearest primary to us but my girls go to Ocean Reef Primary because we used to live there and didn't want to move them. After Beaumaris most kids got to Ocean Reef High which has mixed reports. I have good friends who send their kids there and some have done well. I wouldn't send mine there though.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice

Hi All,

My son goes to LJBC - he's in year 10. So far we've been happy with the school. They contact you if there's cause for concern, but they also contact you when your child is doing well. The kids aren't so happy about the strict uniform rules - but them's the rules!
Contact me if you want to know more
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all of you for your help. Its been most usefull. I hope we can help you out at some point.

kindest regards

Chris
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
It doesn't enjoy the same reputation it did a few years ago. I know lots of people who have pulled kids out to send them elsewhere. It is still better than a lot of the state alternatives. Decent state schools that I would consider are:

Churchlands SHS
Shenton College
Duncraig SHS
Carine SHS

Lots of top tier private schools in Perth where $15k a year is the normal fee. Cheaper ones are:

Lake Joondalup Baptist College
St Marks Anglican
St Stephens (Duncraig and Carramar)

The problem with many private schools is that they are hugely over subscribed and waiting lists are massive. I was on the list for 1 school for over 4 years and still didn't get a place.

Good luck.
We can only echo the sentiments above after a fair amount of looking pretty much our league table of options look like

Shenton College
Churchlands SHS
Duncraig SHS

Also on 3 waiting lists for private for about 11 months all were rude and took our cash for what was in effect a pointless excercise...Good on all 3 of the above though
Good luck Guys
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:40 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by pomerz
Also on 3 waiting lists for private for about 11 months all were rude and took our cash for what was in effect a pointless excercise..
I think the cash to get on waiting lists is a rort. Particularly they will willingly take your money when they must know your child has NO HOPE of getting in because they will be number 350 on the list for 30 places.

Without naming the school I also think there is a rort going on with asking for large acceptance fees when a place is offered. Except they know their school is often a "second choice" private they send out their offers of places a couple of months before the others. Cost me thousands.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

neesram is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elaine42
My son goes to LJBC - he's in year 10. So far we've been happy with the school. They contact you if there's cause for concern, but they also contact you when your child is doing well. The kids aren't so happy about the strict uniform rules - but them's the rules!
Contact me if you want to know more
Hi Elaine42,

Living in Edgware at present. Have been offered a place to ljbc for my older son for year 10. i have been reading the forums and read that your son is in year 10. I just wanted to find out how he is getting on and how the college? I also saw that you are a nurse, same as i and i was wondering if they have any jobs for practice nursing around joondalup area. Thanks.

Last edited by neesram; Sep 21st 2010 at 12:17 pm.