Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS

LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS

Hi
Not a very important question but thought I would ask anyway.
When I recently visited Queensland I was impressed with the swimming lagoons, water parks and barbicue areas along the promenade in the northern areas (Townsville, Cairns, Airlie beach etc)
Are there man made lagoons, play park, water park areas south of Brisbane down towards the gold Coast? Not including the swimming area in southbank as I visited there.
gary
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:12 pm
Now an expat!

MonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really nice
Default Re: LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS

Originally Posted by garyp
Hi
Not a very important question but thought I would ask anyway.
When I recently visited Queensland I was impressed with the swimming lagoons, water parks and barbicue areas along the promenade in the northern areas (Townsville, Cairns, Airlie beach etc)
Are there man made lagoons, play park, water park areas south of Brisbane down towards the gold Coast? Not including the swimming area in southbank as I visited there.
gary
There is a water play park at the broadwater parklands at Southport, however there has been no water pumped through it for at least a couple of years due to water restrictions. But this is the Gold Coast, so we have the best water parks, Wet 'n' Wild and White Water World. Also netted swimming ares such as the one at broadwater parklands. But for a real natural experience try Currumbin Rock Pools or head up to Springbrook/Binna Burra and walk to a water hole. Oh yeah, we also have amazing beaches and warm seas.
Steve.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS

The lagoon in Cairns is very, very popular.

There's also a small water park to the South of the city at Edmonton. http://www.sugarworld.com.au/

Have a gander at the attached .pdf.
Cairns is hoping to have this major water park built.
Already has Federal approval but the local council are stalling it.
Attached Thumbnails LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS-2004-11-1-1000-x-753-.jpg   LAGOONS AND WATER PARKS-2005-09-4-1000-x-750-.jpg  
Attached Files