Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

LAFHA minimum salary

LAFHA minimum salary

Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Ju12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LAFHA minimum salary

Does anyone know where to find what it has changed to this tax year? I have trawled ATO's website but can't find it.

Thanks.

Jx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LAFHA minimum salary

Hi
What is LAFHA?
Irene
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

LAFHA is 'Living Away From Home Allowance' its a tax break for people who are transferred away from their home by their company. We are in Australia on a 457 visa and receive this. You are given tax free allowances in your salary for Food and Accomodation. Its gives your salary a good boost

Last edited by yanH; Jul 26th 2007 at 2:41 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Oooh that sounds really good....no wonder you cant find it on the website! they dont want anyone to have it hehehe.
Pity I cant apply for it!:curse:
Good luck
Irene
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

batrarobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

How does the employer calculates the LAFHA to be given to an employee. Is it decided by Australian Immigration rules ?

I am being paid $65 as rent component and $164 as food component. My salary pay package is $55k excluding LAFHA. I am here in Australia on 457 visa. Any idea, how has these LAFHA components been decided ?

Thanks,
Robin

Originally Posted by yanH
LAFHA is 'Living Away From Home Allowance' its a tax break for people who are transferred away from their home by their company. We are in Australia on a 457 visa and receive this. You are given tax free allowances in your salary for Food and Accomodation. Its gives your salary a good boost