Lafha

Old May 2nd 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

SarahandOli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lafha

I know this subject has already come up a few times (and I am working my way through searching previous posts!)

My employer has basically said that they don't mind me having the LAFHA allowance, but they don't want to spend extra time on administration.

Question 1:
Am I able to do the paper work myself (either with or without involving employer)

Question 2:
If so, how - (this is what I am struggling with)

Question 3:
Other than admin time, is there any financial cost to the company (I think not, but would like to be certain of my facts!)

Thanks

Last edited by SarahandOli; May 2nd 2005 at 12:22 pm. Reason: Typo
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:05 pm
FVC
Forum Regular

FVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the roughFVC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Lafha

Hi, this is one we have trawled through to try and get more info on.

I think it is something your employer must do as they apply to the govm't.

Below are a few links which we have been sent that have helped us.

Good luck..

http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con...tent/43845.htm

www.gomatilda.com

Log onto www.aussiemove.com and go to the discussion board. You will see a thread started by Tracey32 regarding this same issue entitled Living Away From Home Allowance
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:04 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahandOli
I know this subject has already come up a few times (and I am working my way through searching previous posts!)

My employer has basically said that they don't mind me having the LAFHA allowance, but they don't want to spend extra time on administration.

Question 1:
Am I able to do the paper work myself (either with or without involving employer)

Question 2:
If so, how - (this is what I am struggling with)

Question 3:
Other than admin time, is there any financial cost to the company (I think not, but would like to be certain of my facts!)

Thanks

The company MAY save on payroll tax, look into it
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:54 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FVC
Log onto www.aussiemove.com and go to the discussion board. You will see a thread started by Tracey32 regarding this same issue entitled Living Away From Home Allowance
Would if I could - is it just me or is the navigation on that site complete crap?
The Next Page button doesn't seem to work... or the search...
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SarahandOli
I'd ask the employer why not?

It amazes me how Australian companies are quite happy to get people from abroad to work for them on the crap 457 visa, yet drag their feet when it comes to the perks that temp visa employees are entitled.