British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   For the lady's in brisbane who don't want anymore kids only (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ladys-brisbane-who-dont-want-anymore-kids-only-765885/)

Tockalosh Jul 22nd 2012 9:21 pm

For the lady's in brisbane who don't want anymore kids only

Quick question,

We have just realized the wife's depo provera injection has expired :ohmy:

Can anyone recommend a doctors or clinic in centralish brissie to get a replacement before we hear patter of tiny feat again

Thanks

ozzieeagle Jul 22nd 2012 9:34 pm

Re: For the lady's in brisbane who don't want anymore kids only

http://rock-on-rock-on.com/images/ga...-balancesm.jpg

Would these help instead ?

Dreamy Jul 22nd 2012 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 10186998)
Quick question,

We have just realized the wife's depo provera injection has expired :ohmy:

Can anyone recommend a doctors or clinic in centralish brissie to get a replacement before we hear patter of tiny feat again

Thanks

You can go to any doctors - if it's like it is here in NSW, they give you a prescription for it which you need to fill and then go back (our nurse can give the injection rather than making another appointment to see the doctor for it)

It isn't free. It did make me laugh when the nurse said 'oh, that's cheap' and I had to point out that it was the first time I'd ever had to pay for contraception.

Wol Jul 23rd 2012 12:11 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10187011)

Is that a thumbnail? <g>

Tockalosh Jul 23rd 2012 12:44 am

Thanks folks much appreciated. 2 bricks are the final resort

Tockalosh Jul 23rd 2012 10:39 am

20 dollars at the family planning clinic. Cheap as chips and job done without any brick dust on the tackle

moneypenny20 Jul 23rd 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Tockalosh (Post 10187191)
Thanks folks much appreciated. 2 bricks are the final resort

Well it shouldn't be. If you're both adamant that you have created all you want to why would you both prefer to pump chemicals in your loved one when the snip is very easy and reliable?

Bikergirl Jul 23rd 2012 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10187916)
Well it shouldn't be. If you're both adamant that you have created all you want to why would you both prefer to pump chemicals in your loved one when the snip is very easy and reliable?

and how easy is that to get done for either male or female

DeadVim Jul 23rd 2012 1:10 pm

Well, personally, I'd like the option of meeting someone else down the track and impregnating them if the mood took me. :sneaky:

moneypenny20 Jul 23rd 2012 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bikergirl (Post 10188042)
and how easy is that to get done for either male or female

Very easy for a guy, bit more major for a girl.

Dreamy Jul 23rd 2012 9:12 pm

Perhaps they have a contraceptive injection for other reasons too? Himself would happily go have the snip (well, happily may not be exactly the word :D) but I'd still have to have chemicals of some kind or suffer every month (and after a recent 6 week absence of chemicals when I suffered three periods I don't think I could cope)

(I don't really fancy a hysterectomy - my mother had issues after she had one and it scared me off.)

moneypenny20 Jul 23rd 2012 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy (Post 10188893)
Perhaps they have a contraceptive injection for other reasons too? Himself would happily go have the snip (well, happily may not be exactly the word :D) but I'd still have to have chemicals of some kind or suffer every month (and after a recent 6 week absence of chemicals when I suffered three periods I don't think I could cope)

(I don't really fancy a hysterectomy - my mother had issues after she had one and it scared me off.)

Ok I'll let you off :lol: