Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ladies please read

Ladies please read

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice
Default Re: Ladies please read

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Have you ever watched a program called 'Myth Busters'. Well they established that if the toilet seat is left up when the toilet is flushed that millions of germs get sprayed around the bathroom. These germs were found to be on toothe brushes at least 3 metres away from the toilet.

So may be there is a reason that we females keep requesting for the toilet seat to be put down every time. Has anyone invented a self closing toilet lid?
Must resist the urge to double entendre.....
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all.

Suprise suprise I am a man who cannot understand my wife so maybe you can tell me if this is normal.
We are moving to perth in August and I feel that it has always been more my wish than my wifes. Wife wants to go I just feel she is not as keen as me. We are packing and this week she cried and was a little down, this happened a few weeks ago as well. Is this normal ?

We are keeping our house and I have told her that we can come back and it has to be that both of us are happy. She seems fine but I sometimes wish I could be like some of my mates who are happy here and would not even think about going. Sorry to sound fed up as I am actually happy at the moment and enjoying my last few weeks here
for me the whole moving process was like grieving. I still wanted to do the move although it took a lot of processing and some tears in the early days. Still glad I had the courage to go through with it.

Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:03 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all.

Suprise suprise I am a man who cannot understand my wife so maybe you can tell me if this is normal.
We are moving to perth in August and I feel that it has always been more my wish than my wifes. Wife wants to go I just feel she is not as keen as me. We are packing and this week she cried and was a little down, this happened a few weeks ago as well. Is this normal ?

We are keeping our house and I have told her that we can come back and it has to be that both of us are happy. She seems fine but I sometimes wish I could be like some of my mates who are happy here and would not even think about going. Sorry to sound fed up as I am actually happy at the moment and enjoying my last few weeks here
Hi Funkymonkey - your wife sounds just like me! I cried when we left our apartment back in Jan (to move in with the folks to save up) OH thought I was being ridic as we are obviously moving on to bigger and better things - I am in total agreement, however felt really sentimental leaving my home for the last few years behind - I cried again last friday (all day!) when I left work - now I have been DYIN to leave this stressful job and should be jumping for joy that I dont have 5am phone calls to get up to this week... but again its the sentiment of leaving the people and memories behind -I've cried again everytime I have said goodbye to someone, even though I know its not forever - fact: Women are big girls (soft) fact: we love our men to be hard and put that all important arm around our shoulders when the tears start flowing! Although I'm sure my man was fighting back the tears at our leaving party (bless he's sooo cute!) anyhow moral of the story - we love a good snivel - we know were doing the right thing and are looking forward to it - but in reality we're a bit soft Give your wifey a big hug! Hope it all works out for you! Take care Emma x
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

katieandpaul74 will become famous soon enough

Hello, My family and I are moving to Perth next year, and what you wrote could very well have been about me!!!!! I really want to go and think the life will be perfect for our family, (we have 2 young boys) but like your wife I am really sad at the thought of leaving family and friends, esp my mum!!

I know I have a bit more time to get use to it yet, but I still worry! But ultimately I know wee are ding the write thing!! My advice is much the same as already mentioned........ listen and reassure, thats all we want!! Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

I went out tonight for a meal with my old work partner from Spain. He is a good mate and I see him around once a year. We said goodbye tonight and for the first time I was close to tears. I know I will see him again but it was really hard tonight and this is going to be tougher than I thought. I am quite emotional although I never used to be.
I am dreading the leaving party in a way

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts, James.

Last edited by Funky Monkey; Jul 2nd 2008 at 10:45 pm.