Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lad drowns at pool party

Lad drowns at pool party

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lad drowns at pool party

Bloody Poms have outdoor pools is this good weather there going to their heads , will help with the population problems sees many a young child off here too.

A BOY of five drowned in a neighbour’s new swimming pool during a party to celebrate its completion.

Little Callum Grant had taken off his plastic armbands after a dip.

But while the other partygoers moved to another part of the £400,000 house in Bournemouth, Dorset, Callum slipped away and headed back to the garden pool

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003331800,00.html

Attached Thumbnails Lad drowns at pool party-pool.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lad drowns at pool party

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Bloody Poms have outdoor pools is this good weather there going to their heads , will help with the population problems sees many a young child off here too.

A BOY of five drowned in a neighbour’s new swimming pool during a party to celebrate its completion.

Little Callum Grant had taken off his plastic armbands after a dip.

But while the other partygoers moved to another part of the £400,000 house in Bournemouth, Dorset, Callum slipped away and headed back to the garden pool

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003331800,00.html

We have a river through our property, i'ts fast moving and I see parents leave there kids unattended, I have sat on the bank and pulled kids out myself if I see they wade in to far, The parents are just to busy with themselves..........
Kids are so quick there gone befor you know it .........
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

2 or 3 weekends ago we had sizzling hot weather.
Unfortunately a record number of people drowned over here - 12 adults and children in one weekend. So it is not only in Aus is it???!! Water is dangerous wherever it is!
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby and I both nearly drowned out in Spain 15 years ago, trying to save a couple who had got into difficulties.
We managed to get the wife out, but lost the husband who was washed up a bit further up the coast the next day.

I know that this sounds really awful, but I would never go in to the sea or the river to try and save someone again. It was one of the most frighteneing experiences of my life. We were both nearly gonners, and the awful thing was, we had left our 7 year old daughter on the beach watching it all. What would have happened to her if we hadn't made it?

Whisky
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:02 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Unfortunately a record number of people drowned over here - 12 adults and children in one weekend. So it is not only in Aus is it???!! Water is dangerous wherever it is!

I don't think anyone was making that point, the story PB refers to is from the UK. Kids alive: Do the Five

http://www.kidsalive.com.au/TheMessage.htm
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 1:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
No this is the UK , god you refugees are as thick as pig shite.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

We found our first Summer in Australia quite stressful around water with our two non swimming young children.

I was surprised how confident other children of the same age were at swimming, they start learning so early over here. UK children just don't get the opportunity to swim so much.

By the end of the summer our two were both swimming confidently. Our pool has a safety net stretched over it, they are fantastic and saved our son a few times but you can't leave any children around water unsupervised.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
No this is the UK , god you refugees are as thick as pig shite.

Now that was just mean..............
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:19 am
Banned

Originally posted by april
Now that was just mean..............
Sorry never at me best in the morning I have warmed up now.